Wheel Bearing Issue

ShadowFiend

SanaBanana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Hello all, long time lurker here but finally pulled a trigger on the 19 SI 3 weeks ago...However, on the first week of ownership, I noticed a weird sound while driving on the highway.

At first, I thought it was just the tires, but it never disappeared...I was never a car guy and did not know what was wrong so I kept on driving and paid more attention to the sound for a few days. I asked my friend to test drive it 3 days ago to recreate the noise. Not even 10 minutes of the drive, he said there's a wheel bearing issue...on a brand new car! I was so disappointed. Book an appointment in my closest dealer yesterday and they told me that it is indeed a defective wheel bearing and they have to order the part to get it replaced. SO now I'm stuck with it until they have the replacement.

Just wondering if this is a common issue for the 10th gens or is it just my luck LOL.
Sponsored

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
this is why you have a warranty,

not all new cars are perfect,

some parts are defective right from the factory,

i once bought a new alternator that was defective right out of the box
he knows theres a warranty, and hes using it.

he wanted to know if the wheel bearing is an issue on our civics. and it is on some of them even fairl new ones..

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
Hello all, long time lurker here but finally pulled a trigger on the 19 SI 3 weeks ago...However, on the first week of ownership, I noticed a weird sound while driving on the highway.

At first, I thought it was just the tires, but it never disappeared...I was never a car guy and did not know what was wrong so I kept on driving and paid more attention to the sound for a few days. I asked my friend to test drive it 3 days ago to recreate the noise. Not even 10 minutes of the drive, he said there's a wheel bearing issue...on a brand new car! I was so disappointed. Book an appointment in my closest dealer yesterday and they told me that it is indeed a defective wheel bearing and they have to order the part to get it replaced. SO now I'm stuck with it until they have the replacement.

Just wondering if this is a common issue for the 10th gens or is it just my luck LOL.
Thats sucks man. Are they fixing it under warrenty?

OP
OP

ShadowFiend

SanaBanana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
this is why you have a warranty,

not all new cars are perfect,

some parts are defective right from the factory,

i once bought a new alternator that was defective right out of the box
Yeah I know. I guess I just wasn't expecting it... Now my friends would call me out since they're Toyota fans haha!

Tags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Audi A3 Quattro, 2020 Volkswagen Tiguan
Country flag
Can you describe the sound? I've been noticing a weird noise from my left front tire. A loose, high-pitched whap over sharp bumps. Thought it might just be tire but now I don't think so. One of many weird noises my '19 makes.

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
Can you describe the sound? I've been noticing a weird noise from my left front tire. A loose, high-pitched whap over sharp bumps. Thought it might just be tire but now I don't think so. One of many weird noises my '19 makes.
That sounds like a loose wheel well cover my friend!

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I don't think it's a common issue, I have not seen this widely reported. You just got unlucky

OP
OP

ShadowFiend

SanaBanana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Mine is like a whirring noise...like something is scratching against another. It's more noticeable on high speeds and when turning left, even just a slight movement on the steering wheel.

OP
OP

ShadowFiend

SanaBanana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I don't think it's a common issue, I have not seen this widely reported. You just got unlucky
Damn man I need some luck around here. Honda Dealers near my area has to order the part as well, so it can't be fixed ASAP. Going to talk to them if I can borrow rentals for the time being since I dont want to keep using it like that.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Damn man I need some luck around here. Honda Dealers near my area has to order the part as well, so it can't be fixed ASAP. Going to talk to them if I can borrow rentals for the time being since I dont want to keep using it like that.
Definitely, make them give you a loaner. That should be a given

Tags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Audi A3 Quattro, 2020 Volkswagen Tiguan
Country flag
That sounds like a loose wheel well cover my friend!
I guess it kinda does. When I got underneath for a recent oil change I grabbed and jiggled everything I could in that area -- nothing noticeable. Still get the sound intermittently, and always only on the left side.

Ah well -- just part of the rich harmony of odd sounds in this 2800-lb economy car.
Sponsored