Whay are used Si selling for more than they were new?

Manual_man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
I understand about the chip shortage, supply chain issues, etc.

But why would a used 2020 Si be selling for more than it was when new - when the new 2022 Si is now available?
Sponsored

jabberwocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GRolla/Pilot/Tacoma
Because the market is nuts. ? Plus right now getting a 2022 si at MSRP seems to even be a crap shoot.

OP
OP

Manual_man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
I don't get it. Who is paying 29k for a used Si when they could get a new one for the same price!??

jabberwocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GRolla/Pilot/Tacoma
I don't get it. Who is paying 29k for a used Si when they could get a new one for the same price!??
Well a few reason. The 11th gen isn’t that much improved over the last gen it seems. People may like the older body style. 11th gen has no coupe. 11th gen mostly aren’t going for MSRP. Lots of factors. Heck when I was going for my si I was getting quoted for used Si s for more than I paid for mine new 2020 si coupe in July 2020. That was before the market went nuts. Honda has always has strong resale values. The market being how it is has just made it worse.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I sold my 2018 Si with 41k miles for 25.2k a week or two ago. I bought it new for $23.5k in November 2017. feel sorry for who buys it at whatever it’s marked up to for Carmax to make a profit. Those are some hard miles too… ?

$25.2k is pretty much MSRP at that time and getting cars at or under invoice was pretty easy.

Last edited:

tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Most people don't compare prices, they don't use logic, they just want/need a car and buy it. That's just the way the market is. Vroom will buy my 37k mile Si for 26k right now. But Vroom is selling them for 30k.
Sponsored