What's your story? Here's mine.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
It's a good thing you did not buy the Ford Focus RS. Between 2016 and 2018 I used to see at least 1 a day. This whole year I think I've only seen two. It should tell you something when a car that is $40K new now can be picked up with only a couple of years on it for half that. It's a car liken to a candle that burns on both ends
I don't know where you are seeing them for half of their MSRP, but they are all 30k+ for the most part around here. The only ones for around 25k are all dirty title vehicles. The car itself is fantastic, it has its pros and cons just like any other car but Ford unfortunately really mishandled the whole head gasket problem. 2017+ that don't have the head gasket concerns the early models did are nearly impossible to find used.
Sponsored

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I don't know where you are seeing them for half of their MSRP, but they are all 30k+ for the most part around here. The only ones for around 25k are all dirty title vehicles. The car itself is fantastic, it has its pros and cons just like any other car but Ford unfortunately really mishandled the whole head gasket problem. 2017+ that don't have the head gasket concerns the early models did are nearly impossible to find used.
No you are right, I was looking at the Focus ST. That being said, I have read a lot of reviews and have seen some of the professional reviews, and reliability is a big issue. Also I have read they are not a good daily, and are very uncomfortable. I have never driven in one, nor have sat in one, but I saw one close up, and the interior looked extremely cheap. Crappy cheap. Now the interior of the Veloster N is cheap, but so is the price of the car. If I am going to pay $30K plus, the interior should be at least decent. But I am bias, I never really liked Fords

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
No you are right, I was looking at the Focus ST. That being said, I have read a lot of reviews and have seen some of the professional reviews, and reliability is a big issue. Also I have read they are not a good daily, and are very uncomfortable. I have never driven in one, nor have sat in one, but I saw one close up, and the interior looked extremely cheap. Crappy cheap. Now the interior of the Veloster N is cheap, but so is the price of the car. If I am going to pay $30K plus, the interior should be at least decent. But I am bias, I never really liked Fords
I found the RS to be more comfortable as far as the seat goes in comparison to the Type R, the car did feel more cramped though. The suspension was nowhere near as harsh as reviews make it seem either, I drove it and didn't experience the bounciness or jitter that you see on some reviews for it even on really rough roads. The interior is okay, not amazing but not super cheap either. Compared to the R though, you get a lot for the price though like heated seats, heated steering wheel, AWD, Forged Wheels, great sounding exhaust, and a bit quieter cabin road noise wise. I was really ready to buy it but living under an extended warranty sucks. On the forums though lots of people have put serious miles on them without problems as well some though.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Yeah there’s nothing to like about fords I had many also my family and friends had many fords new and used
And the company mishandles a lot of issues I posted this before I did look at a mustang before the civic cheap tight interior for 30k and probably multiple problems forget I used to like fords but not now and who cares if the mustang has 700 + hp it can’t stay on the road with 400 hp ! The problem I have with the veloster is it’s weird looking and I don’t like the 3rd flipper door

Ron R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Same here my 03 Jetta TDI got used was falling apart over 200k on it bought new 2014 Elantra coupe for the move to Florida got bored of it. On my upcoming 50th birthday in 2018 I wanted a turbocharged coupe Honda was the only one ( did look at other cars) unfortunately the Si was out of the question injured knee. So it was the EX- T for me and I love it The Elantra was a good car but just transportation. Maybe the next Gen Si will be opt with a DCT for us bad knee guys:rolleyes:
I am a fan o DCT's and hope it's a option on the next generation SI:)

Had ordered a new '19 GLI with DSG, as a surprise for my wife, but got her an Automatic Mini Cooper S. She can drive a stick, but prefers automatic due to traffic. A automatic or DCT option for the 11th generation SI would be great:)

Ron R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Ha ha I went thru my mid-life crisis about 7 or 8 years ago. Unfortunately it was not over wanting to have a sportier car (I wish, I wish). I don't want to talk about it....:(
Lol I was not getting enough gym time to Beef up again. So an affordable sporty sedan was my next option. Smile my friend and enjoy your Lexus:)

Hey if another mid life crisis occurs, switch to an IS-F or RC-F:)

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
My story is similar to others... Both my divorced parents either had sporty cars or did sporty things with them. I have an uncle that raced Porsches when I was very young and I loved cars ever since. My dad also took us to drag races and auto-cross and he and I would go to car shows, I was really into cars in my youth and while I still like cars I don't pay as much attention now.

My mom bought an '80's Accord at some point and we've stuck with Honda's ever since (minus one Mazda SUV, which didn't last). My dad auto-crossed (whatever it's called when you race in a mall parking lot) an Opel station wagon that was also the daily driver (when it ran). I drove an Opel GT in the corn fields, from my dad's lap, it was missing a door. At some point my mom brought home a 1987 Prelude Si, that was incredible. My stepdad had a 1981 Prelude, which became my first car, until I burned up the clutch. I then went to a 1985 VW Golf hand-me-down until it crapped out (and had a mystery pond in the backseat floorboards!). Then I had a 1977 Buick Skylark and it was a turd but fun to tear around in, sadly it was a V6 231cc, so not that fun. My mom also picked up a 1993 Prelude somewhere in there and that thing was incredible!

After that I got a decent job and needed a car. I was really aiming at a 1996 Jeep Wrangler, because of the topless part and they looked like lots of fun. My mom kind of forced me to go look at Honda. I sat in a silver 1996 Civic Ex and fell in love with the purple line around the speedometer and decided it would be good. I dogged the shit out of that car and took it on many adventures in my late teens and 20's (cross country trips, trips out of the country, trips where I proceeded to get arrested for driving too fast and being dumb, my first wife, my kids), eventually I sold it after I got a more reliable 2004 Mercury Sable, from my grandma, that had like 30k miles on it, basically brand new. The girl I sold the Civic to made one hundred percent profit on it and sold it for 1400 bucks after buying it from me for 700 like the next day, ha! The Sable was getting tiresome, I was ready for something fun again, so I started looking. Honda has always been the best in my life, the seats are right, the layout of the dash and buttons are right, everything. I found my way to the Honda dealer after looking briefly at everything in the $20-35k range and was convinced I was going to get a 2017 Civic Touring, but one day saw the little Si badge on a Civic out on the road. I went to test drive one that same day. I went back a few times with the family to make sure they'd fit and bought the 2017 Si Coupe soon after. Now I'm strongly trading up for a 2020.

Honda still seems to fit me right. There are some things I wish they'd do better but they are comfier to me than Toyota, more reliable than anything else, fun to drive and affordable. I can deal with some rattles and touch screen HVAC controls.

Mexicious

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.6l iDtec Elegance Navi
Country flag
My story is that I normally fall in love with my car, and then purchase it.

Being a hard-working blue-collar guy, I have normally chosen workhorses. My first "car" was a Nissan Vanette, very good and large for work, after that moved on you a "gifted" Hyundai Elantra" and at the same time acquired a Citroen Berlingo, for work, which I still have, but pushing 400.000km she doesn't have long left...

Around 8 years ago, I fell in love with a white Seat Ibiza sport, which I had for 3 years, until I sold her at a very good price, to settle some debts I had (I also felt I needed a change and I got an excellent price for her, plus she was due many usual 120.000km maintenance things. I sold on a high).

After that, I "Berlingo´d" around Europe, driving the Citroen through Spain all the way to Romania, Via Greece, and back via Austria, Germany, France.... and the rest...

After a while, I tired of only driving around in a "work van", and I and my partner kept spotting this very, very sexy car, that we had no idea what it was until we got stuck at a traffic light next to a blue one. Honda Civic xGen? Beautiful car.

We spotted 3-4 more over the coming months, then decided to take the dive. Searched online and flew all the way to Madrid to pick up a beautiful white Civic 1.6 iDtec Elegance Navi.

Best decision I ever made. Already done 8.000km in 6 months. Been to Spain, Andorra, France, Italy, Croatia, Slovenia, Hungary, Austria and Slovakia. Czech Republic for NYE 2019. I cant wait to see where else we get to go!

Now:

Honda Civic 10th gen What's your story? Here's mine. 79776921_832203097231709_8611417777896423424_n

Before:

Honda Civic 10th gen What's your story? Here's mine. IBIZA

Quite the upgrade. I'm Civic for life :)

Last edited: