What's your SI looking like today?

If you could have one mod right now, what would it be?

• Total voters

CopperPeacock

First Name
Brianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 MSM FC3
Country flag
After mocking everything up and poking at it for an hour or so I've decided not to put a system in the car.

The system isn't bad enough for me to be twitchy about changing it and you can't currently buy the part I need (AXDSPX-HN3) to do it the way I want to.

I could get an AudioControl DSP and try to unfuck the signal with it but it works better if the signal isn't fucked in the first place.

That's OK. I wont have the weight penalty I suppose.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After mocking everything up and poking at it for an hour or so I've decided not to put a system in the car.

The system isn't bad enough for me to be twitchy about changing it and you can't currently buy the part I need (AXDSPX-HN3) to do it the way I want to.

I could get an AudioControl DSP and try to unfuck the signal with it but it works better if the signal isn't fucked in the first place.

That's OK. I wont have the weight penalty I suppose.

Have you done hondahack and viper for Android?

CopperPeacock

First Name
Brianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 MSM FC3
Country flag
Have you done hondahack and viper for Android?
I'm not interested in it. FWIW HondaHack is skectchy at best and I really dont wanna be half doing anything in the car. I have the system plan, I know exactly what and where, but without removing the amp I can't do it the way I need it done.

So it doesn't get done.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not interested in it. FWIW HondaHack is skectchy at best and I really dont wanna be half doing anything in the car. I have the system plan, I know exactly what and where, but without removing the amp I can't do it the way I need it done.

So it doesn't get done.

Fair enough

I don't have hondahack either. I'm paranoid about messing with something that controls so much on the car

CopperPeacock

First Name
Brianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 MSM FC3
Country flag
Fair enough

I don't have hondahack either. I'm paranoid about messing with something that controls so much on the car
That's exactly my hangup too. The way the AXDSP works it eliminates the need to do anything with the HU by grabbing the SPDIF and analog audio inputs at the amp and descrambling them into a solid full range signal with no messing about. As the name implies, it also has a DSP built in it which means I wouldn't need to run a separate one to do Xovers and time alignment simplifying the wiring. BUT you can't buy one.

You can't buy anything anymore.

CopperPeacock

First Name
Brianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 MSM FC3
Country flag
Also, while I have it in my shop,

Does anyone know how to remove the b-pillar trim without destroying it or if it can be at all?

Honda Civic 10th gen What's your SI looking like today? IMG_3372.JPG

I need to wrap them but I don't see any clips or screws and the area on the other side is vvvvery thin.

I'm assuming they're glued or taped on and IDK if I'm good enough to wrap them on the car.

Chickensalami

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Anyone in here with a si coupe wing on the sedan care to post any pics? Thinking about getting one but haven’t found any solid pics of what it looks like!

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Officially FBO!

Installed my last (I hope) bolt-on: RV6 3" catted DP/FP combo. Sounds reallyyyy good throughout the powerband and gives the factory catback some nice sounding gurggles on decel. There is some very minor drone around 2200 RPM, but I can live with that.

Browsing youtube led to basically ZERO vids of the 1.5T RV6 catted dp/fp with stock catback.

Idk if it's youtube's stupid algorithims and showing more popular channels first, but at point I lost it - while looking for catted DP vids for the 10th gen, the FK'N BISI BOV VIDEO SHOWED UP AS THE TOP RESULT... ?

Anyway, here is some weld p0rn

Honda Civic 10th gen What's your SI looking like today? 20210424_142024

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Anyone in here with a si coupe wing on the sedan care to post any pics? Thinking about getting one but haven’t found any solid pics of what it looks like!
I don't think I've seen anyone do that mod on here

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Officially FBO!

Installed my last (I hope) bolt-on: RV6 3" catted DP/FP combo. Sounds reallyyyy good throughout the powerband and gives the factory catback some nice sounding gurggles on decel. There is some very minor drone around 2200 RPM, but I can live with that.

Browsing youtube led to basically ZERO vids of the 1.5T RV6 catted dp/fp with stock catback.

Idk if it's youtube's stupid algorithims and showing more popular channels first, but at point I lost it - while looking for catted DP vids for the 10th gen, the FK'N BISI BOV VIDEO SHOWED UP AS THE TOP RESULT... ?

Anyway, here is some weld p0rn

20210424_142024.jpg
Dope! Video of the pops and gurgles?

Relatedly, RE algorithms: yeah, I’ve been finding that across multiple major sites lately, like, the search algorithm doesn’t really GAF what we’re looking for; it just shows what has the highest probability of clicks. This has been happening with Amazon for a while now, and I’m increasingly disenchanted with that company. Lately, I’ve been buying the same stuff at the seller’s actual website as I’d have gotten at AMZN, but for comparable, if not better, pricing.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Dope! Video of the pops and gurgles?

Relatedly, RE algorithms: yeah, I’ve been finding that across multiple major sites lately, like, the search algorithm doesn’t really GAF what we’re looking for; it just shows what has the highest probability of clicks. This has been happening with Amazon for a while now, and I’m increasingly disenchanted with that company. Lately, I’ve been buying the same stuff at the seller’s actual website as I’d have gotten at AMZN, but for comparable, if not better, pricing.
Ya, Amazon is ridiculous with their sponsored listings.

And I'll take a vid one day!