What's your SI looking like today?

If you could have one mod right now, what would it be?

• Total voters

_1slowsi_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Si
Country flag
Gave her a wash and touched up some chips in the hood and front bumper. Threw on my Red wheel caps and added some red pinstriping to the mirrors to match the front lip. Also had to jack up my car and reconnect both foglights as apparently in their infinite wisdom the dealer disconnected both sides when they changed my oil a month ago. Trying to figure out the logic there since it's not like they need to remove the bumper to change the oil so I can't figure out why they would have disconnected them in the first place.

Of course I woke up to 2" of snow on the ground..... only in Ohio can it go from 60-70's to 30-40's in a 12hr period.

PXL_20210418_232027121.jpg

PXL_20210418_232004001.jpg
looks clean!

jayman84

First Name
Jamey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
WTH?! This is why I do my own work these days. You never know when someone’s just having a weird day, and does wonky stuff like this, or otherwise forgets an important component or something. You drive it off the lot, then it’s your fault. It’s like we have to do a full PDI before driving it off the lot every time we get it back.
Yeah it always goes back to if you want something done right do it yourself. I think they only needed to remove the metal shield behind the black plastic covers to do the oil change. They also broke two of my retaining clips on the plastic undershield when they put it back on also :( so I fixed those as well. Needless to say the service manager will be getting a call.

CopperPeacock

First Name
Brianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 MSM FC3
Country flag
Initial estimate from the body shop:

Honda Civic 10th gen What's your SI looking like today? IMG_3356.JPG

This includes R+R of the hood, fixing all the body damage as well as undoing and fixing a botched repair on the pass rear fender. The dent guy said they couldn't actually count all the pings so they had to guesstimate the roof and trunk.

As far as the pass R fender goes, I had suspected there was prior damage as the clear is peeling under the window and the paint blends badly up the pass c pillar. They're gonna have to undo all the shoddy repairs to get down to the metal then reevaluate any damage that's left over before bringing it back up to where it should be.

My quick maffs and experience say the final total will probably be between $6-7k to get it perfect again.

In my case the hail damage is actually working in my favor because without it the insurance wouldn't cover getting the rear fender fixed.

Now just waiting on the insurance adjuster to inspect it to get it rolling.

CopperPeacock

First Name
Brianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 MSM FC3
Country flag
At this point maybe a carbon fiber hood would be cheaper :p
Its like, the whole car, depending on the cost of the hood+paint, we may be going CF assuiming I can source a hood.

Also, I need a quick answer.

Does anyone have or has ever seen a coupe of any trim WITHOUT a sunroof?

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Gave her a wash and touched up some chips in the hood and front bumper. Threw on my Red wheel caps and added some red pinstriping to the mirrors to match the front lip. Also had to jack up my car and reconnect both foglights as apparently in their infinite wisdom the dealer disconnected both sides when they changed my oil a month ago. Trying to figure out the logic there since it's not like they need to remove the bumper to change the oil so I can't figure out why they would have disconnected them in the first place.

Of course I woke up to 2" of snow on the ground..... only in Ohio can it go from 60-70's to 30-40's in a 12hr period.

man tell me about it! im down here in Missouri and we got that stupid snow also

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Slow_FC1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si
Country flag

Im in akron, we got like 4 inches last night LOL