What's your SI looking like today?

If you could have one mod right now, what would it be?

• Total voters

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think I spent more time with him than she did in the last year loll

Thank you! He looks mean, but he's a giant ass teddy bear lol. German Shepherd x Alaskan Malamute
haha true true
Sponsored

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

CopperPeacock

First Name
Brianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 MSM FC3
Country flag
I put my motor mount on.

Honda Civic 10th gen What's your SI looking like today? IMG_3334.JPG

OK wow. I knew people said is was gonna be harsh and I thought I was prepared for it.

I was not.

First impressions, there's almost no vibrations at idle, which is cool, that's where I kinda expected it to be. It's not, all the NVH is felt in low RPM (>2000) driving, it's still not too bad, I'm kinda into it. Also nice is the response of the engine is IMMEDIATE. I knew I could feel the engine/transaxle rocking under certain situations but I didn't know exactly how much moving it was doing until it couldn't. The engine exhaust note also seems a tad louder and a little growlier? Does that make sense?

However.

When the engine boosts the whole car turns into a HITACHI WAND. Now that the engine is firmly bolted to the chassis all of the engine harmonics are transferred directly into the car and everything in it. It's not exactly unpleasant I just expected the engine to be smoother under boost. I can also tell it is engine harmonics because the vibrations match with the exhaust note perfectly.

Pros: No more rocking, snappier pedal, fun noises, girls will like it
Cons: BUZZZZZZZZZ on boost, I installed it wrong the first time.

I need more seat time to really have an opinion.

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I put my motor mount on.

IMG_3334.JPG

OK wow. I knew people said is was gonna be harsh and I thought I was prepared for it.

I was not.

First impressions, there's almost no vibrations at idle, which is cool, that's where I kinda expected it to be. It's not, all the NVH is felt in low RPM (>2000) driving, it's still not too bad, I'm kinda into it. Also nice is the response of the engine is IMMEDIATE. I knew I could feel the engine/transaxle rocking under certain situations but I didn't know exactly how much moving it was doing until it couldn't. The engine exhaust note also seems a tad louder and a little growlier? Does that make sense?

However.

When the engine boosts the whole car turns into a HITACHI WAND. Now that the engine is firmly bolted to the chassis all of the engine harmonics are transferred directly into the car and everything in it. It's not exactly unpleasant I just expected the engine to be smoother under boost. I can also tell it is engine harmonics because the vibrations match with the exhaust note perfectly.

haha im not the only one!

Ehtesham

First Name
Ehtesham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CiviC
Country flag
I put my motor mount on.

IMG_3334.JPG

I was not.

However.

Very well explained. Thanks for the sharing you experience ? very informative