What's your SI looking like today?

If you could have one mod right now, what would it be?

• Total voters

jayman84

First Name
Jamey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
What wires did you tap into for that mirror?

I really want to get an auto-dimming mirror since I have bad light sensitivity due to laser eye surgery and keratoconus.

I've had factory auto-dimming mirrors in my last 3 cars before the Si!
If you remove the map lights housing (really easy, just use a small thin flathead to remove the clear lenses on each side, then its two screws and the whole thing just pulls down) there is a white plug with a red and black wire for power and ground. I then had to tap a 12v switched wire for the compass and auto dimming when the car is started. It really depends on what mirror you get since they can vary.

This thread has a lot of info on different install methods as some people prefer to buy the Honda wire harness and redo their mirror harness to match.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...ng-mirror-with-homelink-into-a-16-civic.3106/
Sponsored

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
If you remove the map lights housing (really easy, just use a small thin flathead to remove the clear lenses on each side, then its two screws and the whole thing just pulls down) there is a white plug with a red and black wire for power and ground. I then had to tap a 12v switched wire for the compass and auto dimming when the car is started. It really depends on what mirror you get since they can vary.

This thread has a lot of info on different install methods as some people prefer to buy the Honda wire harness and redo their mirror harness to match.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...ng-mirror-with-homelink-into-a-16-civic.3106/
Thank you for the info! Ya, for the peace of mind, I might just get the OEM mirror + harness and run it through the a pillar to the fuse box. It's almost $200 shipped tho ?

Honda Civic 10th gen What's your SI looking like today? Screenshot_20201019-213901_Firefox Focus

Mr. Honda

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic si sedan
Country flag
Couldn't resist snapping a pic at lunch time at work

PXL_20201014_153016531.jpg

I also got around to finally installing my auto dimming mirror with homelink and compass I had in my 9th gen si. Took some guts to break my stock mirror in half for the stem swap and getting creative with drilling holes to mount it on the gentex. After that its just tapping 3 wires in the dome area. So much nicer to not have to reach for the garage remote and having auto dimming now that its darker earlier and still dark usually on my morning commute.

PXL_20201019_231306737.jpg

PXL_20201019_231315149.jpg

Threw the red emblem on the steering wheel while I was at it and called it a day.

PXL_20201019_231522832.NIGHT.jpg
Is that an oem emblem or ebay one? Just curious on the quality difference because I'd like to get a steering wheel one eventually

aethecarfanatic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
how much did the lens run you?

ive been wanting a new lens for my sony a6000
I shoot Nikon so there are plenty of "older" lenses to use. 2007 model Nikon Nikkor AF-S 70-200mm F2.8 ED VR. Nikon "talk" for image stabilized 70-200mm, at one point it was their professional 70-200 so probably ran a around $2,000, but i picked it up for a pretty good deal at $800 in great shape.

It's all in the glass, still rocking my old body and these shots are significantly better than any other lens I had been using. Look into sigma or tamaron lenses if you're on a budget, they have quite the plethora of Sony E-mount lenses you could also buy instead of springing all the way for Sony glass, and are still great quality.

jayman84

First Name
Jamey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Is that an oem emblem or ebay one? Just curious on the quality difference because I'd like to get a steering wheel one eventually
It's the J's Racing one. Not sure on the difference in quality since I haven't sat in a Type R which I believe is the only way to have an OEM one since they don't sell just the emblem from them. The J's one sits on the wheel pretty flush since the adhesive backing is in the middle and the outer perimeter is angle down towards the wheel to get rid of any gap against the stock emblem. I heated mine up on the back a little bit first to get it to stick down pretty good too.

jayman84

First Name
Jamey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thank you for the info! Ya, for the peace of mind, I might just get the OEM mirror + harness and run it through the a pillar to the fuse box. It's almost $200 shipped tho ?

Screenshot_20201019-213901_Firefox Focus.jpg
Sounds like a plan. I would have probably went a similar route or tried to find a deal on one if I didn't already have this Gentex one from my previous car. Didn't make sense for me to go buy a different one when all I needed to do was figure out how to mount and wire it in a different way. I will say those mirrors seem pretty pricey considering you can get a mirror similar to mine off ebay or elsewhere for like 40-50 bucks and they actually have more features but obviously its a little more of a risk.

Mr. Honda

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic si sedan
Country flag
It's the J's Racing one. Not sure on the difference in quality since I haven't sat in a Type R which I believe is the only way to have an OEM one since they don't sell just the emblem from them. The J's one sits on the wheel pretty flush since the adhesive backing is in the middle and the outer perimeter is angle down towards the wheel to get rid of any gap against the stock emblem. I heated mine up on the back a little bit first to get it to stick down pretty good too.
Oh okay awesome thank you so much! Gonna check that out now! Think you could post a link to it?

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I shoot Nikon so there are plenty of "older" lenses to use. 2007 model Nikon Nikkor AF-S 70-200mm F2.8 ED VR. Nikon "talk" for image stabilized 70-200mm, at one point it was their professional 70-200 so probably ran a around $2,000, but i picked it up for a pretty good deal at $800 in great shape.

It's all in the glass, still rocking my old body and these shots are significantly better than any other lens I had been using. Look into sigma or tamaron lenses if you're on a budget, they have quite the plethora of Sony E-mount lenses you could also buy instead of springing all the way for Sony glass, and are still great quality.
ill have to check them out thanks man

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not Si related, but pictures from my weekend. I’ll let you guess where I am in the group lol

3FEE9478-3297-48FE-AF4C-B07F54411460.jpeg

6DA45FD3-C56E-4F84-A5E7-F2248156E92D.jpeg
hmm im gonna guess in the first photo in the back with the blue hoodie thing? next to the heavy set guy with the brain bucket

jjm0315

Maximum effort
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
hmm im gonna guess in the first photo in the back with the blue hoodie thing? next to the heavy set guy with the brain bucket
Lol that would be me. The hoodie had to go later in the day, I’m the goof jumping as high as I can in the “graduation” picture

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lol that would be me. The hoodie had to go later in the day, I’m the goof jumping as high as I can in the “graduation” picture
haha i thought the helmet looked familiar to your old post

congrats again! what bike you think you will get one of these days?

jjm0315

Maximum effort
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
haha i thought the helmet looked familiar to your old post

congrats again! what bike you think you will get one of these days?
First I’ll get a used bike, like a 250cc that I won’t cry when I drop it. My boyfriend has already found me one and is wanting to buy it for me, but I told him not to lol.
Eventually I want a Yamaha MT03
I don’t ever want anything too big

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
First I’ll get a used bike, like a 250cc that I won’t cry when I drop it. My boyfriend has already found me one and is wanting to buy it for me, but I told him not to lol.
Eventually I want a Yamaha MT03
I don’t ever want anything too big
ive seen those around they are nice bikes and idk if i would waste money on a 250 tbh from what ive been told is they are hard to resale once you are done with them
Sponsored