What's your SI looking like today?

If you could have one mod right now, what would it be?

• Total voters

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Jimmou

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Get those windows tinted first! ?
Should I do 50% all around? Trust me, I want to but Cali tint laws lol. I know most people in Cali don't care and tint their windows anyways but I just don't want to give the cops any reason at all to pull over a lowered civic.

Last edited:

letsgoMINAJE

First Name
Minaje
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
Should I do 50% all around? Trust me, I want to but Cali tint laws lol. I know most people in Cali don't care and tint their windows anyways but I just don't want to give the cops any reason at all to pull over a lowered civic.
I got 20 or 25% all around except for windshield and I actually plan on throwing another non-ceramic layer to make it darker lol. The thing about Cali tint laws...almost anything you get will be against the law since the threshold is 88% for aftermarket tint and 70% if you have factory tinted windows. Anything within those limits is a waste of money tbh since you won't really see a difference. So, might as well go as dark as you want now and worry about the highly unlikely chance of getting a ticket later.

Disclaimer: I am not telling you to break the law.

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
if you want to stay legal i would just do a 35% tint but i run darker at 20 and 5% tint

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I got 20 or 25% all around except for windshield and I actually plan on throwing another non-ceramic layer to make it darker lol. The thing about Cali tint laws...almost anything you get will be against the law since the threshold is 88% for aftermarket tint and 70% if you have factory tinted windows. Anything within those limits is a waste of money tbh since you won't really see a difference. So, might as well go as dark as you want now and worry about the highly unlikely chance of getting a ticket later.

Wow, Cali tint laws are pretty ridiculous.

While I personally hate mismatched tint, I guess you could do 70% front / 50% rear / 35% rear windshield. It would probably blend well.

Make sure you get a high quality ceramic film. Xpel, LLumar and 3M are some good brands that I can think of off the top of my head.

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow, Cali tint laws are pretty ridiculous.

While I personally hate mismatched tint, I guess you could do 70% front / 50% rear / 35% rear windshield. It would probably blend well.

Make sure you get a high quality ceramic film. Xpel, LLumar and 3M are some good brands that I can think of off the top of my head.
20 and 5 look pretty good now tinted windows and stained glass that one is hard to match....

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen What's your SI looking like today? DSC_0627.JPG

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
What are the specs on these works? They look good.
18x9.5 +30 fronts +38 Rears. 255/35’s no rubbing. I’m running slight camber front and rear.

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Damn ... that's restrictive as hell!
Florida allows 28% light transmission ... but I went with 35% ceramic, all around (except windshield ... no tint there, not even the banner at the top). But I agree ... if 88% is the limit, then it's kinda a waste of time.

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
if you want to stay legal i would just do a 35% tint but i run darker at 20 and 5% tint
I've got 5% on my sunroof! LOL

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had to take out my Helix from Unity Performance side markers ?

My wheel setup rubbed and damaged a corner, and it filled with water ?

Cheap tinted eBay backups in now
PXL_20201005_171144603~2.jpg
Yikes, email me some pics brother, let's sort it out!

Last edited: