What's your SI looking like today?

If you could have one mod right now, what would it be?

• Total voters

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Damn. Sorry to say someone stuck a screwdriver under there. To take it off right use dental floss behind it and "saw" the adesive. Then use your thum or alcohol or mineral spirits to get the residue off, then wax that spot. I prefer both those badges off, or at least the chrome civic on the left. If it dinged it or chiped the paint be sure to touch it up though, and in that case I'd rebadge it.
ya ive done badge work in the past its for sure not a fun task at all but its relatively easy if you know what you are doing its also good to have a little bit of heat it helps a lot
Sponsored

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't see any marks, where someone tried to pry it off. It looks, to me, like the adhesive is failing. In my experience, 3M adhesives (for body work) are excellent ... but I do wonder if there is a primer or prep step that common consumers aren't aware of, or have access to. I've had a few cosmetic mods "fail" after several months of Florida heat ... and each and every one was where the 3M adhesive contacted the car ...

I know that prep of the area to receive the 3M is crucial, and I follow the directions ... even repeated the steps a few extra times, to make extra sure it was absolutely clean ... and it peels a few months later.

As for the crack ... hmmmm ... that DOES make me think someone may have tried to remove it for you.

I hate to think that someone would try to steal the badge ... they're just NOT that expensive, and shouldn't be a theft target. But, some folks will steal things, just to steal them. MSH (Man Shaking Head)
and ya i hate to think someone would try to steal a 60 dollar badge but people will steal anything if they can

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
and ya i hate to think someone would try to steal a 60 dollar badge but people will steal anything if they can
Fools. At least they gave up when they realized it was just going to break prying it. Probably some kid passing by. I've seen posts where the type R is chiseled off. A grill emblem is one thing but chrome model name and trim package advertisement is cheesy. Almost as bad sticking the chrome dealer advert above the trim level decal. People are proud of their models, trims, and dealers in my city for sure. Every year make and model is plastered with McGrath. No shade of emblems are your thing though.

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Fools. At least they gave up when they realized it was just going to break prying it. Probably some kid passing by. I've seen posts where the type R is chiseled off. A grill emblem is one thing but chrome model name and trim package advertisement is cheesy. Almost as bad sticking the chrome dealer advert above the trim level decal. People are proud of their models, trims, and dealers in my city for sure. Every year make and model is plastered with McGrath. No shade of emblems are your thing though.
thankfully with both of my vehicles the dealer just used vinyl so it was easy to take off
and really people will do that for a type R badge/emblem thats pretty sad...

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Not today but made this video yesterday.

Cool video, no doubt. I just would have sped it up in spots because your Si seemed slow. ;)

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag