What's your SI looking like today?

If you could have one mod right now, what would it be?

• Total voters

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Totally stock - first shot after driving it back from the dealer yesterday. I'm excited to join the Si club!

Hmmm...what to do next?

20200624_153020.jpg
just buy everything and you will be good

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen What's your SI looking like today? 1593116788962

ugh this sucks a friend noticed this up at work and the badge is pealing off and its cracked in a few spots is this a common thing for a type r badge to come off in a year or did someone try taking it off?

PdxJose

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Totally stock - first shot after driving it back from the dealer yesterday. I'm excited to join the Si club!

Hmmm...what to do next?

20200624_153020.jpg
Break it in first and then slam it!

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1593116788962.png

ugh this sucks a friend noticed this up at work and the badge is pealing off and its cracked in a few spots is this a common thing for a type r badge to come off in a year or did someone try taking it off?
I don't see any marks, where someone tried to pry it off. It looks, to me, like the adhesive is failing. In my experience, 3M adhesives (for body work) are excellent ... but I do wonder if there is a primer or prep step that common consumers aren't aware of, or have access to. I've had a few cosmetic mods "fail" after several months of Florida heat ... and each and every one was where the 3M adhesive contacted the car ...

I know that prep of the area to receive the 3M is crucial, and I follow the directions ... even repeated the steps a few extra times, to make extra sure it was absolutely clean ... and it peels a few months later.

As for the crack ... hmmmm ... that DOES make me think someone may have tried to remove it for you.

I hate to think that someone would try to steal the badge ... they're just NOT that expensive, and shouldn't be a theft target. But, some folks will steal things, just to steal them. MSH (Man Shaking Head)

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1593116788962.png

Damn. Sorry to say someone stuck a screwdriver under there. To take it off right use dental floss behind it and "saw" the adesive. Then use your thum or alcohol or mineral spirits to get the residue off, then wax that spot. I prefer both those badges off, or at least the chrome civic on the left. If it dinged it or chiped the paint be sure to touch it up though, and in that case I'd rebadge it.

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't see any marks, where someone tried to pry it off. It looks, to me, like the adhesive is failing. In my experience, 3M adhesives (for body work) are excellent ... but I do wonder if there is a primer or prep step that common consumers aren't aware of, or have access to. I've had a few cosmetic mods "fail" after several months of Florida heat ... and each and every one was where the 3M adhesive contacted the car ...

I know that prep of the area to receive the 3M is crucial, and I follow the directions ... even repeated the steps a few extra times, to make extra sure it was absolutely clean ... and it peels a few months later.

As for the crack ... hmmmm ... that DOES make me think someone may have tried to remove it for you.

I hate to think that someone would try to steal the badge ... they're just NOT that expensive, and shouldn't be a theft target. But, some folks will steal things, just to steal them. MSH (Man Shaking Head)
ya the damage on the badge is towards the bottom this is at the top but ive done badges on my tacoma and they are still holding fine after 5 years of abuse no issues while this lasted a year......
Sponsored