What's your SI looking like today?

If you could have one mod right now, what would it be?

• Total voters

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
While just entering an intersection going north (I had the green light) some guy in a Nissan Tundra blows right through the red left turn arrow (red for those going north and south). I slam on the brakes, he looses the back end, goes wide and the rear of his truck hits my right front corner. He drives off.... and as I look to the right he gets on the fwy. going south. 5 witnesses saw the accident but, no one got his plate....:mad: I think it's time to sell this car.

097A1B3B-84CD-42DC-86D4-544B748F896E.jpeg
OMFG! SRY you had to go through that, mate.

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sigh...
Took the car in to the shop that did my clutch/head gasket job, after i discovered an oil leak a couple weeks ago checking an unrelated issue with my exhaust (more on that later).

Current diagnosis per the shop: no precise location found for the leak, it seems to be more of a weep than anything. However, they found i have pretty high crankcase pressure, and think that the oil weep is more than likely associated with it.

The main causes for high CC pressure that i can think of would be blow-by, which i can diagnose with a leakdown test, or PCV fault, which tbh idk how i could diagnose that.

Might just sell it at this point, though idk what car i'd get in turn :/ :dunno:

On a more positive note, my PRL front pipe comes in today, so i can get rid of this annoying buzz in my exhaust caused by the woven steel from the OE front pipe getting destroyed and floating around downstream.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sigh...
Took the car in to the shop that did my clutch/head gasket job, after i discovered an oil leak a couple weeks ago checking an unrelated issue with my exhaust (more on that later).

Current diagnosis per the shop: no precise location found for the leak, it seems to be more of a weep than anything. However, they found i have pretty high crankcase pressure, and think that the oil weep is more than likely associated with it.

The main causes for high CC pressure that i can think of would be blow-by, which i can diagnose with a leakdown test, or PCV fault, which tbh idk how i could diagnose that.

Might just sell it at this point, though idk what car i'd get in turn :/ :dunno:

On a more positive note, my PRL front pipe comes in today, so i can get rid of this annoying buzz in my exhaust caused by the woven steel from the OE front pipe getting destroyed and floating around downstream.
SRY to hear about the issues! Yeah, at a certain point, the myriad side-effects that come with heavy modding start to get pretty dang annoying. Well, wait a bit longer for the GRrolla? 🤣

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
SRY to hear about the issues! Yeah, at a certain point, the myriad side-effects that come with heavy modding start to get pretty dang annoying. Well, wait a bit longer for the GRrolla? 🤣
idk mannn 300+ awd hp with potential for 350 even 400 is pretty tempting, but at the alleged price point i may as well get a v8 +/ rwd and switch it up a little, sorta like @suhhh did.

K_Dub

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI coupe, 2018 Gx460
Country flag
4A96C3FC-3D49-4BAD-804D-1055F74D3AB2.jpeg

I’ve had this car for only about 3 months, but man is it a blast to drive on some nice backroads. Hope to get some new wheels and tires soon, but I’m happy just the way it is:thumbsup:
I'm only two weeks into SI ownership, still getting to know the car. Last night I took the scenic route home from work (Mulholland for those of you in LA) and this car can really scoot! I've owned faster cars, but the handling on this thing is really impressive. I'm still nowhere near the limits of the car, but that road is not the place to find your limits. I'm really looking forward to some better drives to get myself acquainted.

MrJustin81

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Any one got the part number for the OEM throw out bearing?

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
idk mannn 300+ awd hp with potential for 350 even 400 is pretty tempting, but at the alleged price point i may as well get a v8 +/ rwd and switch it up a little, sorta like @suhhh did.
always a good choice my brother, i have absolutely zero regrets about my decision

not sure if you're interested in a twin, but orders for the brz will open back up again soon for the 2023 year and you'll have a hell of a lot time easier getting msrp if you place a pre-order

worst case if your civic keeps having issues, whenever the time comes for a new car, just pay for a nice ext/int detail and sell it to carmax or carvana

such a smooth and seemless process, if the car looks good then the car is "good" in their eyes if you catch my drift ;)

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Shes ready for round 2 with Drob tomorrow

Honda Civic 10th gen What's your SI looking like today? 20220407_122313

CopperPeacock

First Name
Brianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 MSM FC3
Country flag
Should get the rear camera as well for that q800. I love the night rider lights on the front at night lol
Can't. It's impossible to see out the rear window with any useable viewing angle because of the aero flap extension.

I'm working on a way to run a pair of cameras outside the cab. One as a rear cam for the dash camera and one to run to a mirror like the new GM vehicles.

I'm thinking about mounting the mirror cam on the exact opposite side as the backup cam for symmetry and getting another shark fin and having a q800 rear cam flushed into it somehow.

It's still a work in progress, I need to get ahold of Thinkware and see if I can get them to send me a rear cam as I don't really wanna spend $100 on one strictly for exploratory surgery.

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
Can't. It's impossible to see out the rear window with any useable viewing angle because of the aero flap extension.

I'm working on a way to run a pair of cameras outside the cab. One as a rear cam for the dash camera and one to run to a mirror like the new GM vehicles.

I'm thinking about mounting the mirror cam on the exact opposite side as the backup cam for symmetry and getting another shark fin and having a q800 rear cam flushed into it somehow.

It's still a work in progress, I need to get ahold of Thinkware and see if I can get them to send me a rear cam as I don't really wanna spend $100 on one strictly for exploratory surgery.
Wow Ok then good luck please post after shots would love to see

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thirsty Thursday...
Well, it was taken on Thursday, but posted on Friday.

Honda Civic 10th gen What's your SI looking like today? 20220407_074010
Sponsored