What's your SI looking like today?

If you could have one mod right now, what would it be?

• Total voters

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen What's your SI looking like today? 1637281276286

now i'm pissed off at the shop i took my car to. i called them today on my lunch break and asked for an update. he said their tech was out this whole week, only today had he come in. so that's 3 days of 'work' not being done. they also said their machine shop could take up to 5 days for the head work so he gave me an estimated 2 weeks before i can drive the car home. :banghead:

to clarify, i'm not mad at the fact that the work hasn't been done, i'm mad that they hadn't reached out to me, especially since i did everything short of begging them to keep me in the loop.

i started my new job on monday, conveniently at a mechanic's shop. now that i've made friends with the techs here and have access to the lift and tools and am able to make sure that the work is actually being done, i'm considering just backing out and taking my car to my work.

i'm just on the fence about switching from the performance modification shop to a generic local repair shop ya know. i'll be calling the shop tomorrow early on to find out if my car has even been touched. i'll post an update on my lunch break.
Sponsored

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1637281276286.png

now i'm pissed off at the shop i took my car to. i called them today on my lunch break and asked for an update. he said their tech was out this whole week, only today had he come in. so that's 3 days of 'work' not being done. they also said their machine shop could take up to 5 days for the head work so he gave me an estimated 2 weeks before i can drive the car home. :banghead:

to clarify, i'm not mad at the fact that the work hasn't been done, i'm mad that they hadn't reached out to me, especially since i did everything short of begging them to keep me in the loop.

i started my new job on monday, conveniently at a mechanic's shop. now that i've made friends with the techs here and have access to the lift and tools and am able to make sure that the work is actually being done, i'm considering just backing out and taking my car to my work.

i'm just on the fence about switching from the performance modification shop to a generic local repair shop ya know. i'll be calling the shop tomorrow early on to find out if my car has even been touched. i'll post an update on my lunch break.
Daaaaang!

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
the other caveat is that my work would charge more for the jobs, but perhaps i can get some sort of discount ?
Employee discount down to the same rate? ??

Not sure if it's an issue, but what's the possibility of conflict by having someone at your work do the repairs? If you have a dispute, how does being an employee affect the process? Seems like we all are pretty meticulous with our cars, so, I'd think hard about having the shop I work at (that I haven't been at for years, and really know the techs' work quality) do the repairs. If I need to bitch about some shoddy work, I'd hate to also have to clock-out to do so. ?

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Employee discount down to the same rate? ??

Not sure if it's an issue, but what's the possibility of conflict by having someone at your work do the repairs? If you have a dispute, how does being an employee affect the process? Seems like we all are pretty meticulous with our cars, so, I'd think hard about having the shop I work at (that I haven't been at for years, and really know the techs' work quality) do the repairs. If I need to bitch about some shoddy work, I'd hate to also have to clock-out to do so. ?
from what i can tell about how the techs operate, a job like mine (especially if a certain yeasty drink is thrown in for motivation) would be done with more care than usual, and since i could most likely help out a bit it would get done faster.

hopefully i can encourage them to charge for the labor, not the job. so if they get the "9" hour clutch job done in 6, they wont still charge me for 9 hours of labor. idk yet tomorrow is going to be hectic

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Id buy em if they were red lol
haha true but there is always paint lmao

but ya super easy tbh watch a video and take your time and you will have em done in no time

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag