What's your SI looking like today?

If you could have one mod right now, what would it be?

• Total voters

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I could buy a LOT of nice wrenches, repair manuals, garage lift, etc, for that kind of money.
Right? Short of anything major/anything that requires specialized equipment (e.g., an alignment), I’ve done all the work on T.H. In doing so, I estimate I’ve spent about 1/3 of the cost of total shop labor on new/specialty tools, not to mention learned a lot in the process, making me a more competent mechanic.

Suffice it to say: I’ve made a lot of special modifications myself. ?
Honda Civic 10th gen What's your SI looking like today? 1-151209095449-500-han-solo-cocky-star-wars-120315
Sponsored

jayman84

First Name
Jamey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Agreed. I wasn't in the market for a daily with oomph when i purchased my EX-L coupe until i got to GA, then once that happened, CTR's were scarce. The Si is a fun little sedan which gets great mpg and enough bits to make my commute safe and enjoyable which is why i can't see myself parting with it soo easily.
Same I had SI's for the last few gens and didn't want to upgrade to the CTR just yet but now I wish I would have just done it. Wife probably would have gave me some shit but it's better to ask forgiveness than permission lol.

The Bad Guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 CBP Si Sedan, 06 G6, 15 Silverado
Country flag
Same I had SI's for the last few gens and didn't want to upgrade to the CTR just yet but now I wish I would have just done it. Wife probably would have gave me some shit but it's better to ask forgiveness than permission lol.
The last Si i owned was my CRX and that was back when i lived in El Paso, TX and if you've lived there, the Honda scene is about as ruthless as it is in California. I definitely get the wife reaction, but at the end of the day it's my vehicle and as long as it doesn't interfere or put the family in a bad position financially, it's none of your concern.

jayman84

First Name
Jamey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
The last Si i owned was my CRX and that was back when i lived in El Paso, TX and if you've lived there, the Honda scene is about as ruthless as it is in California. I definitely get the wife reaction, but at the end of the day it's my vehicle and as long as it doesn't interfere or put the family in a bad position financially, it's none of your concern.
I used to want one of those back when i was a teenager looking through the classifieds for my first car. They were all mostly used up and destroyed though.

I feel the same way too and i'm much better at saving/investing so essentially I save for the both of us so when it comes to finances she knows I'm always going to do what's right and never put us in a bad spot.

The Bad Guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 CBP Si Sedan, 06 G6, 15 Silverado
Country flag
I used to want one of those back when i was a teenager looking through the classifieds for my first car. They were all mostly used up and destroyed though.

I feel the same way too and i'm much better at saving/investing so essentially I save for the both of us so when it comes to finances she knows I'm always going to do what's right and never put us in a bad spot.
My CRX was mint, but i was offered a hefty amount by some guy passing through during a race. He met me at the bank the next morning, everything was signed, loaded on his trailer, then never saw it again. I'm with you when it comes to finances, but like i told my partner, i'll get everything else, but you're funding your own hobbies.

icemansi

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2009 Fit Sport
Country flag
And Acuity gives the option to get their interior panel tools when ordering from them, which is a good idea because they’re not expensive by any means, and they can be used for a variety of other jobs (ask me how I know ?).
The ones I got were like 12$ On Amazon I know I’m a big baller lol

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I could buy a LOT of nice wrenches, repair manuals, garage lift, etc, for that kind of money.
i could buy a lot of well anything for that!

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Right? Short of anything major/anything that requires specialized equipment (e.g., an alignment), I’ve done all the work on T.H. In doing so, I estimate I’ve spent about 1/3 of the cost of total shop labor on new/specialty tools, not to mention learned a lot in the process, making me a more competent mechanic.

Suffice it to say: I’ve made a lot of special modifications myself. ?
1-151209095449-500-han-solo-cocky-star-wars-120315.gif
if i paid a shop for everything ive done with all my cars id be broke af

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
More than likely acuity shifter upgrades, for the TypeR assembly that I haven’t ordered yet…. Still debating the full acuity assembly, but I feel there are too many available adjustments on it.
dang you missed out i just sold my type r with acuity bits last week