What's your SI looking like today?

If you could have one mod right now, what would it be?

• Total voters

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i started tweaking bc i couldnā€™t remember a hose that was supposed to be disconnected

also donā€™t do the charge pipes in 40 degree weather it is not fun trust me

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
on a side note, iā€™m trying to decide what to do with my exhaust

do i a) get an rv6 dpfp combo (that has no front pipe crosscompatibility) and stay oem catback w muffler delete? total ā‰ˆ $700

or b) get the overpriced prl catted dp (w cross fp compatibility) and get the awe track catback
totaling ā‰ˆ$1500

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

do i a) get an rv6 dpfp combo (that has no front pipe crosscompatibility) and stay oem catback w muffler delete? total ā‰ˆ $700

or b) get the overpriced prl catted dp (w cross fp compatibility) and get the awe track catback
totaling ā‰ˆ$1500
I have PRL V2 catted dp and I found it loud enough for me. I'm looking at potentially adding a fp, but I appreciate the minimal drone of the stock setup

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

totaling ā‰ˆ$1500
I would say that getting any kind of DP is a gamble because downpipe nuts often lock onto the stud, causing a break. Also, with these cars, a 'catback' system is basically a frontpipe + exhaust combo.

So, I think, to answer your Q, ditch the dp/fp ideas, get an FP-back exhaust you like.

Tyler.iguess

Banned
Banned
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
just gotta practice more and then ditch using a cell phone lol
Yeah that sir will not happen hahaha. I am one whom has multiple usb sticks wirh my old phones pics and suxh.
May i also add i have only once plugged in any of them. Lol

Last edited:

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh, that one?! Shoot, that was easy, just pull. ? I thought you were talking about the throttle body-upper cold-side inlet pipe silicone L-connector. That one was the biggest pain of the whole install, I'd say, shoving the red intake pipe far enough in. Damn, I had to lube up big time! ?

Anywho, got it all done! Thanks again to @Unity Performance for the parts! Installed Vland LED Headlights, Mishi intercooler, and did some small fix-OEM-crap repairs while I had everything apart (e.g., mixing the part of the top bumper garnish that seems to separate from the larger bumper itself). No boost leaks, as far as I can tell, and the intercooler was immediately noticeable by throttle response. Had the usual 'parking brake issue, VSA issue' warning lights that happen after unplugging sensors (I had to turn on the car while those sensors were unplugged to test the headlight wiring, and the ECU clearly did not like that), but no engine-related codes are anything. In fact, with the TSP Stage 1 tune, the car feels stronger than ever now!

That M logo I was trying to get rid of was barely noticeable on install, and not noticeable unless specifically looking for it overall.

IMG_1596.jpeg

IMG_1603.jpeg
Ya for some reason the one on his car was a bitch and wouldnā€™t come off lmao

And nice man looks good

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
ah lmao i figured out what he meant
that elbow wasnā€™t that hard tbh i just tugged up and down and back and forth and it popped off
the thing i worried most about was if the clamp was tight enough since itā€™s tough to reach back behind the motor where the clamp needs to be
no boost leaks yet although i think my head gasket might be goingā€¦ my misfire thread iā€™ll post soon assuming i can get the car to misfire again
Damn a head gasket already?? How many miles are you at?

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well everyone it took me all day but everything is off the car I need to go and have the tires switched around but yūrei is basically ready to be sold now

Honda Civic 10th gen What's your SI looking like today? C4A46177-9228-4D60-BF06-21585D5CE46C

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Damn a head gasket already?? How many miles are you at?
16.5k miles :ā€™( there was another guy in my misfire thread that had to replace his at around 14.5k
startup yesterday was stuttering (misfiring) and smelled sweet, which was a new symptom.

04sthemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI, 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Country flag
Well everyone it took me all day but everything is off the car I need to go and have the tires switched around but yūrei is basically ready to be sold now

C4A46177-9228-4D60-BF06-21585D5CE46C.jpeg
Where you live? Iā€™ll pick up the rock hopper too.