What's your SI looking like today?

If you could have one mod right now, what would it be?

• Total voters

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How does the whiteline compare to the 27won street?
Just jumping in from my personal. With a stock clutch, 27won Street is perfect for daily use and side note that's what we'll install on our CTR too in the off-season (currently testing CTR RMM with Perrin Insert).

The ACT's single mass lightweight flywheel adds a fair bit of vibration to the drivetrain, chatter in other words. To stop it from juddering when setting off, the Whiteline 85A did a better job at securing the drivetrain than the Street 70A IMO; factory RMM or even an insert isn't good enough. I've tried the 90A Race as well, and though it truly gives off racecar vibes, it's a bit too much for me for daily use. Numerous people have driven my Si and said the ACT + Whiteline 85A combination is the best they've driven when trying out a car equipped with the following clutch.

If you're getting the Comp S2 with the 22lb Flywheel, the 70A 27won Street will be fine since it doesn't have as much added NVH as ACT
Sponsored

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Just jumping in from my personal. With a stock clutch, 27won Street is perfect for daily use and side note that's what we'll install on our CTR too in the off-season (currently testing CTR RMM with Perrin Insert).

The ACT's single mass lightweight flywheel adds a fair bit of vibration to the drivetrain, chatter in other words. To stop it from juddering when setting off, the Whiteline 85A did a better job at securing the drivetrain than the Street 70A IMO; factory RMM or even an insert isn't good enough. I've tried the 90A Race as well, and though it truly gives off racecar vibes, it's a bit too much for me for daily use. Numerous people have driven my Si and said the ACT + Whiteline 85A combination is the best they've driven when trying out a car equipped with the following clutch.

If you're getting the Comp S2 with the 22lb Flywheel, the 70A 27won Street will be fine since it doesn't have as much added NVH as ACT
I’ve been looking at the ACT or Comp S2 when the time comes to change my clutch out. Does the whiteline feel more racecar type than the 27won street by a lot? I figured whiteline would be harsher because it’s a lot closer the the 27won race which is only 5A less than it.

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

mjdecker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Si Sedan, '23 Subaru BRZ Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you guys/ gals see the new civic SI ?. Sounds like the only thing they did was put a new single mass flywheel in.... Yikes "new engine" that makes the less power ?.
Yeah Elantra N here I come✌
At the very least, the new one has VTEC.
On the other hand, the 11th gen doesn't have:
  • Heated seats (possibly due to chip shortage?)
  • Dual climate control (another chip shortage?)
  • Adaptive suspension

04sthemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI, 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Country flag
Be sweet if that was something us 10th gen guys could swap out.
Did you guys/ gals see the new civic SI ?. Sounds like the only thing they did was put a new single mass flywheel in....
d238cabe005c101018b7188f8fe4db3f.jpg

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Be sweet if that was something us 10th gen guys could swap out.
There's Exedy. I mean, they make the stock clutch and flywheel

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you guys/ gals see the new civic SI ?. Sounds like the only thing they did was put a new single mass flywheel in.... Yikes "new engine" that makes the less power ?.
Yeah Elantra N here I come✌
d238cabe005c101018b7188f8fe4db3f.jpg
is it really gonna have less power?

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, I think I told y’all that the Mishi silver intercoolers all come with the black M logo sprayed on them, and I was trying to figure out ways to remove it, yeah?
Honda Civic 10th gen What's your SI looking like today? to-mmint-ctr-17kslwrd-silver-intercooler_1024x1024

I went to a local powdercoating shop today to see if I could just get it stripped and resprayed an aluminum color, but they said that they wouldn’t work on it because the media blasting might actually damage the fins. I mean, makes sense, best to stay cautious, but it’s a good thing I ordered a special paint that’s supposed to be great for sticking to aluminum about a week ago. ?The paint is supposed to arrive today, so, I’m outside getting the intercooler prepped for painting.

Check this out: the first thing I do is spray the front down with Brake Klean because that stuff will remove any trace of grease or oils, and upon the first spray, BAM! The black M logo washes right off! ??? And, best of all, the matte silver stock powdercoating underneath is undamaged, which means that Mishi must spray the black M logo with a different type of paint; it’s not powdercoated on there! ??????

So, problem solved, I go about hosing down the intercooler with Brake Klean (outside, where it’s windy!), and while the majority of the black paint slides off, wiped up with shop towels, the black spray embedded amongst the fins are much harder to spray away. So, I’m wondering how to clean those off when I realize that the M logo is basically gone when looking at the intercooler head-on, but a ghosted M appears when looking from the side ?. I inadvertently created this cool ghosting effect!
Honda Civic 10th gen What's your SI looking like today? E50DBBB5-04BC-46CA-B16B-6EEBA5465A85

Personally, I think this is dope! Can’t wait to see it on the car!

Annexed

First Name
Austen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
At the very least, the new one has VTEC.
On the other hand, the 11th gen doesn't have:
  • Heated seats (possibly due to chip shortage?)
  • Dual climate control (another chip shortage?)
  • Adaptive suspension
its got some interesting things but nothing to crazy it seems
IMO IMO: it's a snooze fest, but my guess they're getting rid of the SI and making room for the integra where they can charge more money.
It's crazy that they dropped the heated seats, kinda wack.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@rhino At your request, good Sir!

Gold Rims:
Honda Civic 10th gen What's your SI looking like today? 0121B7AD-BEE0-4F13-8B96-4AEF33EB25B8

And for giggles, black rims
Honda Civic 10th gen What's your SI looking like today? BB790E5A-7BB9-4767-A5CD-FA58522B3BE4

And body-colored rims
Honda Civic 10th gen What's your SI looking like today? 8A38BDE4-65D2-4484-91E5-CF676422B158