What's your SI looking like today?

If you could have one mod right now, what would it be?

• Total voters

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yoooooo make that blue hair lmao and cat girls please im allergic lmao
or white hair :hmm: nvm we aint going into anime shit lmao
Sponsored

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Out with the old, in with the new ?

6EA9588D-7003-4CD9-8BC0-74C040581B54.jpeg
I just did mine last week!

...I don't remember ever needing a pipe wrench, though. ??

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
***TODAY IN FIRST-WORLD PROBLEM NEWS***

So, apparently, Mishimoto only sells their silver intercooler with the M pre-stenciled on. ?? I called them to ask about removal options, and they said either 1. remove it with some solvent, but that will remove the finish from the whole intercooler, which I would then have to get re-powdercoated, or 2. paint over it.

Needless to say, painting over it seems like the best option. I think I'm going to go with a satin aluminum color (this stuff seems pretty legit), and I've been reviewing potential issues with painting, namely the possibility of wear over time, and if paint will effect the cooling efficacy of the unit. Seems like painting it won't really effect the unit's operation, as long as it's not thick & heavy, preventing air flow (which it won't be). I'll just have to be careful in how I go about paint prep.

Now, unfortunately, it'll take 1.5 weeks for the paint to arrive, but, that's kinda nice because I could use a break from wrenching for a bit.

Thoughts and ideas are welcomed here!

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I just did mine last week!

...I don't remember ever needing a pipe wrench, though. ??
Lol we attempted to use it prevent the bolt from the endlink to the sway bar from moving.. but ultimately we just used an impact gun to loosen it.

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sure. Whatcha looking for? Blonde, redhead, brunette.... breathing?
I think he's looking for sane to slightly sane (anything shy of crazy cat lady), that likes camping and Hondas.

jjm0315

Maximum effort
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
I think he's looking for sane to slightly sane (anything shy of crazy cat lady), that likes camping and Hondas.
That seems reasonable.

Tyler.iguess

Banned
Banned
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
***TODAY IN FIRST-WORLD PROBLEM NEWS***

So, apparently, Mishimoto only sells their silver intercooler with the M pre-stenciled on. ?? I called them to ask about removal options, and they said either 1. remove it with some solvent, but that will remove the finish from the whole intercooler, which I would then have to get re-powdercoated, or 2. paint over it.

Needless to say, painting over it seems like the best option. I think I'm going to go with a satin aluminum color (this stuff seems pretty legit), and I've been reviewing potential issues with painting, namely the possibility of wear over time, and if paint will effect the cooling efficacy of the unit. Seems like painting it won't really effect the unit's operation, as long as it's not thick & heavy, preventing air flow (which it won't be). I'll just have to be careful in how I go about paint prep.

Now, unfortunately, it'll take 1.5 weeks for the paint to arrive, but, that's kinda nice because I could use a break from wrenching for a bit.

Thoughts and ideas are welcomed here!
Honda Civic 10th gen What's your SI looking like today? 20211004_140857

Mine was black, aircraft stripped it and painted aluminum color.
Its not anywere near perfect because of paint that didnt come off stripping and using an air hose to flake it off.
But from a few feet. It looks decent

bscags

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Today is a really good day to live in a state that requires a front license plate. Went to a diner with my girlfriend and made sure I was parked perfectly since it is a pretty crowded parking lot. Came out to this huge Cadillac land boat pressed up against my license plate. Thankfully when I backed away there was no damage to the bumper at all and I have my license plate holder made of thick plastic to thank. God I hate people sometimes.

Honda Civic 10th gen What's your SI looking like today? IMG_2171

bscags

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Today is a really good day to live in a state that requires a front license plate. Went to a diner with my girlfriend and made sure I was parked perfectly since it is a pretty crowded parking lot. Came out to this huge Cadillac land boat pressed up against my license plate. Thankfully when I backed away there was no damage to the bumper at all and I have my license plate holder made of thick plastic to thank. God I hate people sometimes.

IMG_2171.jpg
Also the fact that the car has front sensors you would think their car would be beeping like a MFer considering they were so close

The Bad Guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 CBP Si Sedan, 06 G6, 15 Silverado
Country flag

IMG_2171.jpg
Annnnnd this is why i keep sticky notes and a sharpie in my car; some people NEED to be told they're a fucking idiot. :banghead: