What's your SI looking like today?

If you could have one mod right now, what would it be?

• Total voters

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Y’all crack me up! ???

Imma have to catch up:

That's what I heard, but I don't know if I want to trust my baby that has cost me more money at this point than some people paid for their Type-R's on some $100 spacers. I had them torqued, but just decided it wasn't worth it for me :(
Kinda in line with others, when I read your story, I was also feeling like there are a ton of other variables involved. I see your point about not wanting to risk lives over such a trivial part, though I can’t help but wonder about all of the folks, for so long, who’ve been running spacers with no issues. I guess I see it similar to the mindset of ‘I don’t want to put a wing or aerokit on my car because what if it suddenly malfunctions, flies off, and hurts someone?!’. I mean, yeah, that’s a risk, but what’s the probability? I feel like we have a greater probability of being injured in a car wreck than an aftermarket part malfunction. Just my $0.02.

SRI in my testing was still more effective than stock box. As add-ons increased I did make the switch to cobra
Makes sense. Mishi is an SRI, and some folks claim heat soak, while others have data that suggests heat soak isn’t an issue. ??‍♂ I chose it for being CARB-legal in Cali, and it seemed like an easier install than other cold-airs.

My OCD would kick my ass if i had a banner on any of my windows; Is it center? Is it level? Does the font clash in any way? Vehicle looks good overall! :beer:
I feel this!
Honda Civic 10th gen What's your SI looking like today? 34DA0B13-EF57-41F3-91BD-979AE5048161

Honda Civic 10th gen What's your SI looking like today? 9C392F7D-34A4-497F-BE03-F55992753FD5

One of my main concerns when putting mine on. It was even worse, though, because my text isn’t fully symmetrical, so, I had to find a sweet-spot between centered text and it being centered on the windshield. I think, once you find the visual compromise, you won‘t see any misalignments. Measure 8 times, cut (or, in this case, apply) once!

Coupe Gang ??
BBD53E99-CE3C-4EA6-A972-F56628254ACF.jpeg
COUPE GANG! ?⚙

whoisJSR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.avgntrials.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I guess for me, my fear is that the spacer would be a fail point. Even though mine are hub centric and weren't cheap, and I had mine torqued to 85 ft/lbs... I dunno. Something about them makes me paranoid.

...I sure did like how they looked tho :cry:

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's what I heard, but I don't know if I want to trust my baby that has cost me more money at this point than some people paid for their Type-R's on some $100 spacers. I had them torqued, but just decided it wasn't worth it for me :(
gotcha well from experience in the offroad world where things get abused a lot more they hold up fine if you get a good product and do it correctly but its fully up to you

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Still haven't decided. I don't drive the car that hard, outside temps are not hot here, and it's just easier to install.
even then its pointless to buy one then all they do is take hot air from the engine so there is no gain to them only thing you get is sound the other intakes are not that hard to do. especially since to install the short ram you still need to rip out the oem intake

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

rhino

First Name
jacob