What's your SI looking like today?

If you could have one mod right now, what would it be?

• Total voters

04sthemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI, 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Country flag
Polished up the stock canisters on the exhaust again. With the Catless downpipe the stock exhaust is loud enough for me.

33DA56A1-AB2C-48EB-AC9C-5A0405796745.jpeg
I need to do that to mine. Ive polished the tip before an it really cleans up nice.

CopperPeacock

First Name
Brianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 MSM FC3
Country flag
Made and installed some upgraded ground straps in preparation for the sub amp install later. Tomorrow I'm planning on doing the front half of the power wiring, maybe running the alternator upgrade wire if I'm feeling energetic.

Honda Civic 10th gen What's your SI looking like today? 20220814_163040

Cleaned up the factory ground.

Honda Civic 10th gen What's your SI looking like today? 20220814_163350

CopperPeacock

First Name
Brianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 MSM FC3
Country flag
Also I learned that the battery sensor is not optional which I'm upsetti about.

That means I cant swap out the negative battery post for a bigger one limiting my wire choices.

Also the fact these cars sit at 12v while driving then jump up to 14.1 when you let off the throttle annoys me greatly. My current home project is to find a way to disable that without throwing cluster warnings or codes.

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Engine bay clean! Video added to my YouTube channel. Please check it out, your like and subscription would be greatly appreciated!

Honda Civic 10th gen What's your SI looking like today? 20220814_142654

Honda Civic 10th gen What's your SI looking like today? 20220814_142648

borcth

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Engine bay clean! Video added to my YouTube channel. Please check it out, your like and subscription would be greatly appreciated!

20220814_142654.jpg

20220814_142648.jpg
I just watched it this morning while eating breakfast as well as some of your other vids. I usually watch 10th gen and car vids in general during breakfast. *lol* It inspires me.

I try to keep my engine bay clean as well. Some people never do. That's like cleaning the face of your wheels only and never cleaning the barrel. The inside of the car (interior and engine bay) are just as important as the outside. You don't want that dirt, grease and grime caking up on all your engine parts and eating things away like battery terminals and hoses. Plus, it's just nicer when you have to work inside your engine.

I like the idea of using a steam cleaner. Your whole car is immaculate. I pride in keeping my car clean as well, but wow, every nook and cranny is clean as a whistle. Impressive. Keep up the good work.

Last edited:

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I just watched it this morning while eating breakfast as well as some of your other vids. I usually watch 10th gen and car vids in general during breakfast. *lol* It inspires me.

I try to keep my engine bay clean as well. Some people never do. That's like clean the face of your wheels only and never cleaning the barrel. The inside of the car (interior and engine bay) are just as important as the outside. You don't want that dirt, grease and grime caking up on all your engine parts and eating things away like battery terminals and hoses.

I like the idea of using a steam cleaner. Your whole car is immaculate. I pride in keeping my car clean as well, but wow, every nook and cranny is clean as a whistle. Impressive. Keep up the good work.
Thank you! I really appreciate that! I will admit I haven't cleaned the barrels of my wheels in a long time. That requires a hose which I dont have. I try to do it when I swap out my winter wheels.

I take pride in the way my car looks as well, great to hear you are the same way!

Thanks again. 🙏

borcth

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I'm the same with my car. I do it for myself and it puts a smile on my face.
As far as the wheel barrels, It's one of the reasons why I got the Enkei TS5. It's so easy to clean vs the stock wheels. I see your barrels look super hard to access from the outside. So I get not cleaning it all the time. But you do what you can with what's available to you at the time your able to.

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm the same with my car. I do it for myself and it puts a smile on my face.
As far as the wheel barrels, It's one of the reasons why I got the Enkei TS5. It's so easy to clean vs the stock wheels. I see your barrels look super hard to access from the outside. So I get not cleaning it all the time. But you do what you can with what's available to you at the time your able to.
Oh yea need to remove my wheels for sure to clean. I will do. A thorough job at the end of the summer!!

CopperPeacock

First Name
Brianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 MSM FC3
Country flag
Battery + and underhood power distro is in. Made a little z bracket out of the 1/4 ABS I had left over.
Honda Civic 10th gen What's your SI looking like today? 20220814_164411

Honda Civic 10th gen What's your SI looking like today? 20220815_140730

Honda Civic 10th gen What's your SI looking like today? 20220815_142940

Chopped off the OEM positive terminal

Honda Civic 10th gen What's your SI looking like today? 20220815_150552

Didn't lose any wire length.

Honda Civic 10th gen What's your SI looking like today? 20220815_143331

Honda Civic 10th gen What's your SI looking like today? 20220815_145206

Getting to the alternator is gonna be a PITA.

The forward fuse spot is gonna be for the big 3 wire from the alternator.
Rear fuse is 4ga out to the amp.

I have my plastic for the sub amp ordered. I'm considering adding a small battery under the driver seat for reserve. I don't think we can run capacitors because of the stupid voltage regulation thing >:{

Thanks Honda.

letsgoMINAJE

First Name
Minaje
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
I can average roughly 39.x miles round trip if I somewhat go easy on the throttle, but my last 2 trips I’m getting low 30s, because, well… it’s more fun 😂
I do a similar commute, about 130 miles round trip. I bought my 2020 brand new in 2020 and I am a little over 80k miles now. I would say about 15-20k of those miles are non-work related. It saddens me every time I see it, but I love driving my car so it's worth it I suppose. I also avg. about 29-33 mpg, depending on my mood and traffic lol.

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
I do a similar commute, about 130 miles round trip. I bought my 2020 brand new in 2020 and I am a little over 80k miles now. I would say about 15-20k of those miles are non-work related. It saddens me every time I see it, but I love driving my car so it's worth it I suppose. I also avg. about 29-33 mpg, depending on my mood and traffic lol.
yeah, I pretty much look at it as at least I’m getting my moneys worth, instead of the car just sitting in the garage.

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Also… curious with that kind of mileage, have you ran into any issues? What mods do you have, if any?

letsgoMINAJE

First Name
Minaje
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
Also… curious with that kind of mileage, have you ran into any issues? What mods do you have, if any?
Outside of it being an SI, it's still a Honda. So just keep up with the maintenance and you'll be fine. Of course, there will come a time when you'll want to change out certain wear and tear things. Which reminds me, I need to get a service job done (or do it myself 🥴). The only issue I had was my clutch slipping, thus the only mods I've done is an upgraded clutch/flywheel job about a month ago or so and a chrome delete lol.

Last edited:

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Outside of it being an SI, it's still a Honda. So just keep up with the maintenance and you'll be fine. Of course, there will come a time when you'll want to change out certain wear and tear things. Which reminds me, I need to get a service job done (or do it myself 🥴). The only issue I had was my clutch slipping, thus the only mods I've done is a upgraded clutch/flywheel job about a month ago or so and a chrome delete lol.
Ok. I didn’t buy this as a commuter, just ended up that way… so at the moment I have lowering springs, wheels, intake, and exhaust. Hoping none of those give me long term issues, but I can see a couple possibly causing some premature wear and tear… debating if I want to revert couple back to stock?
Sponsored