What's your SI looking like today?

If you could have one mod right now, what would it be?

• Total voters

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How do you like the hood? Do the temps stay lower vs stock hood on hot days? I want a carbon hood but I’d paint it to match the rest of the car but that’s ???
I love it! I don’t have verifiable data about temps, but I can say that, with the heat shielding I put underneath, the hottest part of the hood after driving for any considerable time is the top of the venting area (presumably due to heat extraction, because the underside of the vents are relatively slightly warm to the touch thanks to the heat shielding), and the FRP support beams underneath. Even then, though, they’re not incredibly hot. So, overall, very happy with it. The only caution I have is that the hood may not work with some strut bars because of interference with the hood’s support beams. Imma get 27Won’s relatively low-profile strut bar to see if it will work.
Sponsored

healtoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I love it! I don’t have verifiable data about temps, but I can say that, with the heat shielding I put underneath, the hottest part of the hood after driving for any considerable time is the top of the venting area (presumably due to heat extraction, because the underside of the vents are relatively slightly warm to the touch thanks to the heat shielding), and the FRP support beams underneath. Even then, though, they’re not incredibly hot. So, overall, very happy with it. The only caution I have is that the hood may not work with some strut bars because of interference with the hood’s support beams. Imma get 27Won’s relatively low-profile strut bar to see if it will work.
Nice! I’m keeping an eye out for one, but yeah I’ve seen fitment issues especially with TIPs

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Should be fine. Up here there’s couple of guys running them and not a single issue

its not good for our cars because of how the bov works but if you want to risk it go for it i guess?

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
m4yB3 u ShuD p4y utt3nt1oN moor!
th.jpg
i mean if you did then you would know i already painted the front bumper and rear bumper

i mean a few people still keep up in there but not many since not much happens tbh

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can we just discuss the BOV since this is a more friendly bunch of people here. There are tuners that state the cons of a BOV without any pros...but is it pure conjecture/"in theory" or is there evidence to back it up?
Yeah, that’s what @healtoe and I were discussing. Where is the longitudinal evidence of harm?

??????????

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

letsgoMINAJE

First Name
Minaje
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
Hondata has a series of data logs showing long term harm that were linked in the threads from this video first posting

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/oh-no-not-another-bov-thread.57978/
Lol yes, i've seen those. My natural question when I first saw those was how could they determine long term issues from early/mid 2017 (the dates of the hondata posts)? The first year of this platform was 2017, so released middle to late 2016.

I understand the reasoning completely...just curious how much damage can be caused after true long term usage (maybe 3+ years). The damage they refer could/would happen, is that after say... 2 years? 5 years? 10 years? Could someone put one on knowing they won't have the car for more than 5 years and not see an issue?

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lol yes, i've seen those. My natural question when I first saw those was how could they determine long term issues from early/mid 2017 (the dates of the hondata posts)? The first year of this platform was 2017, so released middle to late 2016.

I understand the reasoning completely...just curious how much damage can be caused after true long term usage (maybe 3+ years). The damage they refer could/would happen, is that after say... 2 years? 5 years? 10 years? Could someone put one on knowing they won't have the car for more than 5 years and not see an issue?
:dunno:

I don't see the need to start up this discussion again. If anyone wants one, go ahead

When things start to look wonky, and a "why is my engine not running right?" thread appears, and there's a bov installed, it'll be an easy first part to take off
:cool:

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
:dunno:

I don't see the need to start up this discussion again. If anyone wants one, go ahead

When things start to look wonky, and a "why is my engine not running right?" thread appears, and there's a bov installed, it'll be an easy first part to take off
:cool:
yup

Honda Civic 10th gen What's your SI looking like today? 1638486293233

i feel we need this emoji on this site also lol

its beating a dead horse

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

healtoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

One of the guys here, has his on since 2017 he drives the car like it’s stolen and he’s reported no issues. My driving style is mostly conservative with the occasional pull on the highway so I think it’ll be fine.
Sponsored