What's your SI looking like today?

If you could have one mod right now, what would it be?

• Total voters

SkipToMyLou

First Name
Milby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen What's your SI looking like today? 70C44F91-ECC9-40E4-BC9C-4A490A6562B2

Added Lamin-X yellow fogs today. They’ve always held up well on all the cars I’ve owned, and are super forgiving/flexible for dweebs like myself who suck at vinyl & such

(ignore ugly empty license plate holder, waiting on plates to arrive).

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finally! ?????? What are the plans to make it a track toy? engine swap?

Years ago, after my first black Si was stolen ?, I found a silver one of those. Did a full remove-and-scrub on the interior, put 3Gs into fixing everything wrong with it, then started modding it. Ended up getting a killer deal on trading it in for my first brand new car that eventually led to The Hotness™️.
nah until the engine blows ill run the d16a for now then when it blows up go to a b series or k series

but for now its maintence first and getting it ready for at least stock class running

CopperPeacock

First Name
Brianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 MSM FC3
Country flag
So I've had a fun morning.

Got about halfway to work and my "Check engine oil level" warning came on so I promptly pulled over to check and noticed a massive puddle on the shield under the car.

Mind you, I just had the oil changed Wednesday.

So back to the shop she goes. About 3/4 of the way there I start feeling her drag. Not a lot, just like hitches. Oh, and every warning light on the dash came on. I was having flashbacks to my remote start install.

I'm being as careful as I can, shutting it down at stoplights, being as easy on the engine as possible, and somehow by the grace of God and Soichiro Honda, I make it. Total distance, MAYBE two miles.

Get the the shop and tell them, they say "We'll pull it in an take a look." I said, "You may wanna push it."

They dump 4 quarts of the slick stuff in the engine and it promptly saturates the ground under the car... "Ok, we'll push it." Yep.

Takes 4 guys and an act of Congress but they finally get her in and on a lift. Grab some screwdrivers and pop the shield off and...

THE DRAIN PLUG CAME WITH IT.

THE GODDAM DRAIN PLUG FELL OUT.

They put the plug back in, tight this time (I watched), filled it with oil, and cleared the codes. It doesn't SEEM to have developed any new noises but I've only driven home so I could make a sammich and CALM DOWN.

I'm just... I can't right now.

How do you mess that up?

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Service Techs that do the oil changes are typically the lowest on the totem pole.
Most of them don't know the difference between a boxed end wrench and a hammer!
I hope driving it there didn't do any damage to the motor!

CopperPeacock

First Name
Brianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 MSM FC3
Country flag
Service Techs that do the oil changes are typically the lowest on the totem pole.
So do I. I needed to drive it after I got it back to listen to noises and feel it so I drove it to work where I have a battery charger so I could de-tune it in case I have to get it looked at. It felt like shit on the way there, like it was still in limp mode. Car said it was making boost but didn't feel like it. It also felt like the car was dragging, kinda like the e-brake was stuck on.

De tuned it at the shop and drove home on the factory map and it felt way better. There is some hitching under boost but that could be the turbo nanny, it pulling timing, or the rain. I theorize the tool they used to check and clear the panic codes could have potentially broken the tune somehow but I can't prove it.

Now I need to get ahold of their corporate and potentially Honda to figure out what to do now.

But first I need to calm down.

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag

Got about halfway to work and my "Check engine oil level" warning came on so I promptly pulled over to check and noticed a massive puddle on the shield under the car.

So back to the shop she goes. About 3/4 of the way there I start feeling her drag. Not a lot, just like hitches. Oh, and every warning light on the dash came on. I was having flashbacks to my remote start install.

I'm being as careful as I can, shutting it down at stoplights, being as easy on the engine as possible, and somehow by the grace of God and Soichiro Honda, I make it. Total distance, MAYBE two miles.

Get the the shop and tell them, they say "We'll pull it in an take a look." I said, "You may wanna push it."
Your check oil level light turned on and you kept driving it...

Generally speaking, by the time that light turns on it is often too late to prevent damage to the motor.

jjm0315

Maximum effort
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si coupe
Country flag

They dump 4 quarts of the slick stuff in the engine and it promptly saturates the ground under the car... "Ok, we'll push it." Yep.

Takes 4 guys and an act of Congress but they finally get her in and on a lift. Grab some screwdrivers and pop the shield off and...

They put the plug back in, tight this time (I watched), filled it with oil, and cleared the codes. It doesn't SEEM to have developed any new noises but I've only driven home so I could make a sammich and CALM DOWN.

How do you mess that up?
This horror story is why I change mine at home! Yikes! I hope she’s ok

_1slowsi_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Si
Country flag
Might be a dumb question but do you have to torque it to spec? if so, what are the specs?

CopperPeacock

First Name
Brianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 MSM FC3
Country flag
Your check oil level light turned on and you kept driving it...

Generally speaking, by the time that light turns on it is often too late to prevent damage to the motor.
True, but my options were shut it off and park in in the middle of a highway, or take it just down the street to the shop that did the work.

In my panic, I picked the latter.

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
True, but my options were shut it off and park in in the middle of a highway, or take it just down the street to the shop that did the work.

In my panic, I picked the latter.
You should have left it on the highway.The damage of driving without oil is allready done.
I rather walked 2 miles to that shop then try to drive it there without oil.
But i understand when in panic people do things they think is the best at that time.
I would have the engine checked over at honda (remove oil pan and check crank and rod bearings,check the bores for scratches ,... )

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

How do you mess that up?
as bug said they are the lowest on the totem pole and normally dont care. i take my car to the dealer because my dealer has really nice group of guys and gals that work back there plus if they break it they replace it. i dont go to little shops

hopefully nothing terrible happened to the motor

CopperPeacock

First Name
Brianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 MSM FC3
Country flag
I could have done a lot of things, but we're here now.

I made damn sure to get it in writing with the manager's signature in case something does crop up soon.

I'd like to get Honda to inspect it but god only knows how much that costs and I can't be without my car right now. I don't exactly have a job that I can call out just all willy nilly. I know there's still a chance that the damage is already catastrophic and it just hasn't snapped yet but it it is I'll just have to cross that bridge when I get to it.

As for now I ABSOLUTELY HAVE to be able to schedule around work and I'm not off till Wednesday.

If it blows up they can come fetch it and put an engine in it.
Sponsored