What's your SI looking like today?

If you could have one mod right now, what would it be?

• Total voters

jjm0315

Maximum effort
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
We had it for a solid month ... it JUST stopped about a week ago.
Now, all it's done is rain, so I STILL can't get the car clean!
At least with it raining so much, nobody notices how dirty she is!
We need some rain, my allergies are killing me.
Sponsored

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

jjm0315

Maximum effort
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
I've been taking Zyrtec D for 6 weeks
I’ve been doing Zyrtec daily. The D part makes me too wired to take daily. I take Sudafed separate when I’m about dead, which may be today

letsgoMINAJE

First Name
Minaje
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
with my type r front bumper the lip be scaping :spaz: especially here at work... learned the hard way lol gotta make sure i calculate my angle right !
Show us a pic lol...I am a fan on the type r bumper but am still on the fence about getting it.

letsgoMINAJE

First Name
Minaje
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
I put my motor mount on.

IMG_3334.JPG

OK wow. I knew people said is was gonna be harsh and I thought I was prepared for it.

I was not.

First impressions, there's almost no vibrations at idle, which is cool, that's where I kinda expected it to be. It's not, all the NVH is felt in low RPM (>2000) driving, it's still not too bad, I'm kinda into it. Also nice is the response of the engine is IMMEDIATE. I knew I could feel the engine/transaxle rocking under certain situations but I didn't know exactly how much moving it was doing until it couldn't. The engine exhaust note also seems a tad louder and a little growlier? Does that make sense?

However.

When the engine boosts the whole car turns into a HITACHI WAND. Now that the engine is firmly bolted to the chassis all of the engine harmonics are transferred directly into the car and everything in it. It's not exactly unpleasant I just expected the engine to be smoother under boost. I can also tell it is engine harmonics because the vibrations match with the exhaust note perfectly.

Pros: No more rocking, snappier pedal, fun noises, girls will like it
Cons: BUZZZZZZZZZ on boost, I installed it wrong the first time.

I need more seat time to really have an opinion.
I can't remember and there's too many pages to try and go back to see. Did you get the 70A or the 90A?

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can't remember and there's too many pages to try and go back to see. Did you get the 70A or the 90A?
I remember her saying that it was the 90A ...

CopperPeacock

First Name
Brianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 MSM FC3
Country flag
The 90A, the way people were talking about it honestly I expected it to be worse. Although TBF my Eclipse GS-T was stroked and had full motor mounts in it so I'm used to the shake. The biggest NVH thing I've noticed is it buzzes under accel in tune with the engine but as I've mentioned it's not unbearable especially now that I'm used to it. Someone who just got in the car might be worried if I send it lol. I'm chocking it up to that's just how these engines are, some are smoother than others. 4 bangers have gaps in the stroke where power isn't being applied to the crank and AFAIK the L15s doesn't have a balance shaft to offset that.

Also the hood and spoiler wiggles at idle which is kinda funny to me.

I remember her saying that it was the 90A ...
This is correct.

The performance difference is well worth the NVH in my opinion. The engine/transaxle in these cars flop around A LOT, especially once the car is tuned with rev hang disabled. Looking at the OEM dogbone there's at least a solid inch of lateral movement allowed by the OEM chassis side bushing under load. Locking the engine down removes all the flex and allows the engine to turn the wheels instead of itself.

Throttle response is instant, downshifting under load in corners is predictable since the transaxle isn't moving, and all the torks are being sent to the hubs now.

For a "race"car it's perfect.

letsgoMINAJE

First Name
Minaje
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
The 90A, the way people were talking about it honestly I expected it to be worse. Although TBF my Eclipse GS-T was stroked and had full motor mounts in it so I'm used to the shake. The biggest NVH thing I've noticed is it buzzes under accel in tune with the engine but as I've mentioned it's not unbearable especially now that I'm used to it. Someone who just got in the car might be worried if I send it lol. I'm chocking it up to that's just how these engines are, some are smoother than others. 4 bangers have gaps in the stroke where power isn't being applied to the crank and AFAIK the L15s doesn't have a balance shaft to offset that.

Also the hood and spoiler wiggles at idle which is kinda funny to me.

This is correct.

The performance difference is well worth the NVH in my opinion. The engine/transaxle in these cars flop around A LOT, especially once the car is tuned with rev hang disabled. Looking at the OEM dogbone there's at least a solid inch of lateral movement allowed by the OEM chassis side bushing under load. Locking the engine down removes all the flex and allows the engine to turn the wheels instead of itself.

Throttle response is instant, downshifting under load in corners is predictable since the transaxle isn't moving, and all the torks are being sent to the hubs now.

For a "race"car it's perfect.
Great explanation. I wonder how the 70A compares when comparing NVH vs performance. I have no experience with motor mounts lol. I just know they improve feeling and throttle response and what not.