What's your SI looking like today?

If you could have one mod right now, what would it be?

• Total voters

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I went through like 3 sets of those Comp 2s on my 05 TL 6mt. Great tires with good wet/dry grip in the summer. I've survived New England winters with them, too! The 1 big downside is that the treadlife is horrendous. I only got like 20k miles out of em...
damn 20k! thats worse then mud tires sometimes lol
Sponsored

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This might go against current style trends, but I just don't like big wheels. First time trying Motegi, these are 17x8 and at 17.2 lbs they're a bit heavier than I wanted, but they're significantly cheaper than the RPF-1s I was looking at. Wanted something different, too, since I have a set of those on my Fit.

I'm becoming a real fan of BF Goodrich Comp2 A/S, they have fantastic grip wet or dry, although anything would be better than the original tires that came with the car. Considering putting snow tires on the factory wheels, but not sure about the skinny sidewall and wide contact patch on snow.

20210120_114947.jpg
those motegis look great man i was orignally looking at those before i decided on my kansei wheels

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Haha if you drive like a good boi, then maybe 30k, but I don't have memories of them lasting that long ?
haha my next set of tires i want something thats fun but also has good life out of them since the si is my daily

CopperPeacock

First Name
Brianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 MSM FC3
Country flag
but those of us that were not old enough to drive want those ricer lights haha
I didn't care for them in the nineties, but now that they're led, they have a lot of flexibility on what can be done. I kinda want now
I bought a Honda SPECIFICALLY to do ricer mods to it.

I've had ricer lights on most of my cars

I'm doing it. You can't stop me.

CopperPeacock

First Name
Brianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 MSM FC3
Country flag
Also, while we're all on the subject. I've been leaning more and more towards building a more aggressive car. Crazy splitter, skirts, wing kinda thing and I think companies getting behind a modern style of aggressive with their sticker slapped on a banger driven by a genderqueer driver could bring the whole movement forward as a whole. Show people that cars are a thing for everyone, no matter who you are.

And I got a lot of pretty paint real estate on my car for sponsor stickers lmao.

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought a Honda SPECIFICALLY to do ricer mods to it.

I've had ricer lights on most of my cars

I'm doing it. You can't stop me.
haha im already in the rice fields with my truck so it wont be long till i make the si somewhat ricer ish lmao

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also, while we're all on the subject. I've been leaning more and more towards building a more aggressive car. Crazy splitter, skirts, wing kinda thing and I think companies getting behind a modern style of aggressive with their sticker slapped on a banger driven by a genderqueer driver could bring the whole movement forward as a whole. Show people that cars are a thing for everyone, no matter who you are.

And I got a lot of pretty paint real estate on my car for sponsor stickers lmao.
there are a few companies that make different splitters for our cars like
bayson r
greddy
ikon
abs
and a few others i cant think of atm

side skirts there really isnt many from what ive seen
abs dynamics
factory hfp
ikon
and im not sure on others ive also tried looking for side skirt extensions with no luck

now for a rear diffuser since you have a coupe you are like the rest of us coupe owners and are basically shit out of luck
abs dynamics makes one (i have it currently)
and a few companies ive seen on insta sell them also
but not very many

spoilers are something i dont see to often for a coupe also and then you have to worry about covering the holes up on the trunk

not shutting down your idea just saying a coupe can be a bit of a pain to work with. this all coming from someone that has a coupe and wants more things lol

Hasdrubal

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si sedan, 2015 Fit, 2009 Ridgeline
Country flag
I went through like 3 sets of those Comp 2s on my 05 TL 6mt. Great tires with good wet/dry grip in the summer. I've survived New England winters with them, too! The 1 big downside is that the treadlife is horrendous. I only got like 20k miles out of em...
I spent most of my youth riding bikes and being happy to get more than 3k miles out of a rear tire, 5k on a front. First car I ever bought myself was an NSX (not my first car ever, all the previous ones were on loan from my dad and never lasted long enough for me to wear out a set of tires) and I was amazed to get 10k out of the rears and 20k out of the fronts.

If I get 20k on this set I won't be too disappointed, but I had a set of the summer Sport versions on the Fit and got 40k before they started noticeably losing grip. Less power, of course, but I don't like to slow down for corners.

Hasdrubal

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si sedan, 2015 Fit, 2009 Ridgeline
Country flag
Damn. I've been there, not a good feeling. Not sure if it's the particular sizes I've run or just the profile of the tire, but the Goodrich Comp 2s seem to stick out enough to give me some margin for error. Rubbed the tires against curbs a few times and gotten away with it.

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
there are a few companies that make different splitters for our cars like
bayson r
greddy
ikon
abs
and a few others i cant think of atm

side skirts there really isnt many from what ive seen
abs dynamics
factory hfp
ikon
and im not sure on others ive also tried looking for side skirt extensions with no luck

now for a rear diffuser since you have a coupe you are like the rest of us coupe owners and are basically shit out of luck
abs dynamics makes one (i have it currently)
and a few companies ive seen on insta sell them also
but not very many

spoilers are something i dont see to often for a coupe also and then you have to worry about covering the holes up on the trunk

not shutting down your idea just saying a coupe can be a bit of a pain to work with. this all coming from someone that has a coupe and wants more things lol
Yeah ... us Coupe owners kinda get the shaft on aftermarket body parts.
But, then again, we ARE driving the BEST looking GenX body style!
(not hating on the sedans ... just loving on the Coupes :beer: )

jjm0315

Maximum effort
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Haha I fell in love when fast and furious(I was 15 when the second came out) and I’ve always been disappointed that underbody went out of style. My jokingly told my boyfriend was going to do it and he was like....it’s not 2002 anymore...no ?

jjm0315

Maximum effort
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
but those of us that were not old enough to drive want those ricer lights haha
Exactly! My motorcycle had them already when I bought it and I’m keeping them. Cheesy or not.
Sponsored