What's your SI looking like today?

If you could have one mod right now, what would it be?

• Total voters

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
Finally getting around to replacing my damaged speedometer lens. It's a PITA to access...

20200815_105227.jpg
Wow! That's really torn up. You're a brave soul to tackle that.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Wow! That's really torn up. You're a brave soul to tackle that.
Taking it apart was easy but putting it back together was a huge PITA!

The damn top half of the steering wheel cover doesn't clip back in to the bottom half properly anymore... And the cloth fabric attached to that top piece is NOT securely held into the dash trim AT ALL. Honda def cheaped out there. I should've taken a picture for all you guys to laugh at. I got so frustrated that I ended up accidentally scratching my new speedo lens... Don't even ask lol.

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good info. I think the only thing I think I don't like is that it looks like you can't do anything about the "type r" logo space. Is that correct? How badly did the pro civic grille fit? I had a front end accident in my car already and my OEM replacement grill is a little off and I imagine any imperfection with the pro civic would multiply in visibility due to that.
Yea unfortunately you can’t unless you get a new mesh part but I didn’t feel like doing all that. I did get a new Si emblem and managed to put it on and cover up some of the type r part. Not perfect but I really like the new grill design on the 2020 type r so I’m just gonna have to live with it haha
Honda Civic 10th gen What's your SI looking like today? 42EB12F9-DC50-4A89-A73F-A6D5E79806DC

As for the procivic grill, it mostly doesn’t line up on the top part where it meets the bumper.
Honda Civic 10th gen What's your SI looking like today? 31032DA6-81D3-4E78-9F00-7DCD6BF44C51

Memnoch

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Finally getting around to replacing my damaged speedometer lens. It's a PITA to access...

20200815_105227.jpg
How hard was it removing the little fake carbon piece on the far left part of the dash right above your buttons? I'm considering changing my dash trim to real carbon fiber and the other two pieces aren't too difficult but I was curious if you needed to take apart the dash to get that 3rd one out.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
How hard was it removing the little fake carbon piece on the far left part of the dash right above your buttons? I'm considering changing my dash trim to real carbon fiber and the other two pieces aren't too difficult but I was curious if you needed to take apart the dash to get that 3rd one out.
After you take the stereo out, it pops right out. I was surprised how easy it was to remove the stereo in this car! It's just held in by 2 screws and 4 plastic clips.

Memnoch

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
After you take the stereo out, it pops right out. I was surprised how easy it was to remove the stereo in this car! It's just held in by 2 screws and 4 plastic clips.
Does the dash trim around the speedo and vents have to come off for this piece to come off?

Honda Civic 10th gen What's your SI looking like today? 2019-civic-si-inline

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Does the dash trim around the speedo and vents have to come off for this piece to come off?

2019-civic-si-inline.jpg
No, here is what you have to remove to get to that small carbon trim:
- Boomerang console trim (held in by clips - use pry tool)
- Climate control panel (held in by clips - use pry tool)
- Stereo (2 philip screws and 4 clips. After screw removal, pull on top corners of radio towards you and it pops right out)

After you remove the stereo, you can just pop that small trim right out. You can find videos on youtube for 2016+ civic stereo removal if you want to see how it's done also.

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
Taking it apart was easy but putting it back together was a huge PITA!
Lol that's true of almost everything I've ever done on a car!

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
Fishing with my boyz.

Honda Civic 10th gen What's your SI looking like today? C30183FC-F0E6-431E-8D9B-0E94D132219B

Memnoch

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No, here is what you have to remove to get to that small carbon trim:
- Boomerang console trim (held in by clips - use pry tool)
- Climate control panel (held in by clips - use pry tool)
- Stereo (2 philip screws and 4 clips. After screw removal, pull on top corners of radio towards you and it pops right out)

After you remove the stereo, you can just pop that small trim right out. You can find videos on youtube for 2016+ civic stereo removal if you want to see how it's done also.
I'm aware of how to get the small piece out, I was curious on the far left piece closest to the door that I marked with an arrow on my previous post.
Sponsored