What's your purchase price?

BABear70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017' Honda Civic Type R in Ralley Red R-04344, 2016' Honda Civic Touring Sedan in Ralley Red, 1997' Honda Civic CX Hatchback in Electron Blue Pearl
Country flag
I'm betting there will only be one trim level for the US. It'll probably be a mix between the UK CTR base and GT features.
I agree...

So far there was no mention of a choice of Trim Level on the Pre-Allocation we got, only choice was color.

I agree it will be just one Civic Type R, at least the 1st year. I guess Honda will possibly rethink this based on sales figures and customer feedback.

BA...
Sponsored

Wabby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Cr-z
Country flag
I'll buy the CTR right away if it's less than 60000$ (yes, Norway has loads of taxes on cars).

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I agree...

So far there was no mention of a choice of Trim Level on the Pre-Allocation we got, only choice was color.

I agree it will be just one Civic Type R, at least the 1st year. I guess Honda will possibly rethink this based on sales figures and customer feedback.

BA...
What are the colors?! Please PM me if you can't say on here ;)

Wabby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Cr-z
Country flag
Is it 150% like DK? lol
Might be! :p Not sure about the prices in DK, but I know that we are one of the most expensive country when it comes to cars, if not THE most expensive.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Might be! :p Not sure about the prices in DK, but I know that we are one of the most expensive country when it comes to cars, if not THE most expensive.
And one of the best places to live in the World :bow::love:

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
I told the dealer I would be fine with an ADM to have it first. I asked what they would charge 10k 5k 2.5k etc. I would have paid 5k over MSRP to have the first one they get.But the sales manager said if I was willing to do a deposit they were fine at MSRP. So that is the price I'm comfortable at. I'm guessing between 34.5k and 39k depending on options. The car to me will be priceless
It sure is priceless with car negotiation skills like that.

I'm going with $10-12K over the Si price. I'm hoping it will be around $35k.

It needs to be less than the RS/STi/GolfR/M sport 3 series/Mustang GT/Camaro SS...which all fall in around $40k, trim depending.

Last edited:

MickeyDubs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Golf R
It sure is priceless with car negotiation skills like that.

I'm going with $10-12K over the Si price. I'm hoping it will be around $35k.

It needs to be less than the RS/STi/GolfR/M sport 3 series/Mustang GT/Camaro SS...which all fall in around $40k, trim depending.

I think the CTR will have a tough time selling if it's in the same price category as the STI and Golf R. From what I've seen so far of the CTR- it doesn't seem to be feature riddled. I decided to go with the Golf R and it's totally loaded with features- AWD, nav, DCC, leather, driver assistance package, etc. for under 39K. While the CTR is going to have a few more ponies, VW tends to carry a heavier price tag in comparable models. My big turn off from the SI/CTR is they looked a bit too much like a high schoolers wet dream. As a 30 yr old professional the more refined look of the Golf R was one of the deal breakers for me.

BABear70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017' Honda Civic Type R in Ralley Red R-04344, 2016' Honda Civic Touring Sedan in Ralley Red, 1997' Honda Civic CX Hatchback in Electron Blue Pearl
Country flag
What are the colors?! Please PM me if you can't say on here ;)
I have posted them here before...

Championship White
Ralley Red
Crystal Black Pearl
Aegean Blue Metallic
Polished Metal Metallic

BA...

Fled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
I think the CTR will have a tough time selling if it's in the same price category as the STI and Golf R. From what I've seen so far of the CTR- it doesn't seem to be feature riddled. I decided to go with the Golf R and it's totally loaded with features- AWD, nav, DCC, leather, driver assistance package, etc. for under 39K. While the CTR is going to have a few more ponies, VW tends to carry a heavier price tag in comparable models. My big turn off from the SI/CTR is they looked a bit too much like a high schoolers wet dream. As a 30 yr old professional the more refined look of the Golf R was one of the deal breakers for me.
I totally get what you are saying, however I thought the Golf R was a TAD too mild (in looks) compared to its lower spec bretheren. I am holding out to see how the CTR performs in head2head reviews. I hope it comes with 19" wheels and not those ridiculous 20"s. As things stand im 60/40 leaning on the 2018 STI. If the production CTR impresses however I can be swayed.

P.S. I have an irrational/old school love for transverse engines with the turbos upfront.

MickeyDubs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Golf R
I totally get what you are saying, however I thought the Golf R was a TAD too mild (in looks) compared to its lower spec bretheren. I am holding out to see how the CTR performs in head2head reviews. I hope it comes with 19" wheels and not those ridiculous 20"s. As things stand im 60/40 leaning on the 2018 STI. If the production CTR impresses however I can be swayed.

P.S. I have an irrational/old school love for transverse engines with the turbos upfront.
See- I love the mild look of the R. To most people (and cops at a glance) it doesn't look like a performance car. But those who know what to look for can see the difference, headlights, the R logos, etc.

As much as I love a full out performance vehicle- my 15 mile commute is mostly straight back roads with a few fun turns. I also travel with my Fiance a good amount with long highway stretches. Also, my fiance gets car sick really easily- so no sporty driving at all when she's in the car. I didn't need a 100% full blown performance car- I needed something that was practical and comfortable enough for the day-to-day driving, but also had the power and driverness to itch that scratch when needed.

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
@JYR I never said I was a negotiator Lol.

I was being realistic on what I was willing to spend on the car. I was willing to pay an ADM to have a dealerships first car they get.

You guys are all crazy if you don't think there will be a hefty dealer ADM. They did it for the Focus RS, Golf R, M2 Shelby GT350 and numerous other performance cars upon initial release. You have to pay to play.

Some dealers in Metro Detroit are still selling 2016 Focus RSs with ADM still.(probably why it's still for sale)

People in California will be paying 5-10k markup guaranteed. That's just the way it is.

Yeah there might be a few dealers giving them away at MSRP. Not sure why but Im not complaining. The vast amount will be adding a markup.

This car is going to be more limited than the Golf R, Focus RS, and STi. That's just reality.

If you get yours for under 40k out the door you basically hit the lotto.

Believe me I would love to be wrong. But I'm not.

MickeyDubs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Golf R
@JYR I never said I was a negotiator Lol.

I was being realistic on what I was willing to spend on the car. I was willing to pay an ADM to have a dealerships first car they get.

You guys are all crazy if you don't think there will be a hefty dealer ADM. They did it for the Focus RS, Golf R, M2 Shelby GT350 and numerous other performance cars upon initial release. You have to pay to play.

Some dealers in Metro Detroit are still selling 2016 Focus RSs with ADM still.(probably why it's still for sale)

People in California will be paying 5-10k markup guaranteed. That's just the way it is.

Yeah there might be a few dealers giving them away at MSRP. Not sure why but Im not complaining. The vast amount will be adding a markup.

This car is going to be more limited than the Golf R, Focus RS, and STi. That's just reality.

If you get yours for under 40k out the door you basically hit the lotto.

Believe me I would love to be wrong. But I'm not.

Wait- how is it going to be more limited then the R, RS, or STI? Do you have any kind of fact for that?

Even with ADM, R, STI, and RS can be found for under 40k.

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
Wait- how is it going to be more limited then the R, RS, or STI? Do you have any kind of fact for that?

Even with ADM, R, STI, and RS can be found for under 40k.
Yeah, it's called those cars can all be ordered from the factory. Honda is building a set number of vehicles and allocated them to dealers. Pretty much the exact opposite process. Also look at the last Gen Type R and compare the numbers.

Your right and all those cars have been out for 2+ years. The only other one with a limited model release is the RS which is 2016-17 if I'm not mistaken. I'm guessing Honda will do the same thing. Not 100% certain on that.

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
You walked into a dealership and said "I want to buy a car that doesn't exist yet and I will pay ADM on it". You are every salesman's dream customer.

If they never had intentions on doing any sort of ADM, you are now paying more than you ever thought you would. -Whatever that price may be, because no one knows yet.

As a salesman, if I had a customer who came up to me during a prototype phase of a product and said they were ready to give me more money than I intended to charge for a product, I would probably laugh, make you sign papers, then buy you a steak dinner. Quite honestly, I wouldn't feel morally right to take any sort of money or any sort of signed deposit on a product that doesn't exist or able to even be ordered.

But thats okay. You did 2 things. 1) possibly screw yourself and 2) possibly screw the others behind you who now have to pay adm that possibly wouldn't have happened.

Yeah, it's called those cars can all be ordered from the factory. Honda is building a set number of vehicles and allocated them to dealers. Pretty much the exact opposite process. Also look at the last Gen Type R and compare the numbers.
This is unknown, and if your dealer is tell you this...they are securing that ADM you are now obligated to pay.

Hopefully it works out for you.
Sponsored