Whats your highest mileage on Type r?

• Thread starter Deleted member 54128
  • Start date
  • Watchers 9

Deleted member 54128

Hallo. Welches hat die höchste Laufleistung auf Typ r? Welche Probleme?
Thanks
Sponsored

Mr. X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R #45600
Country flag
Translation: "Which one has the highest mileage on type r? Which problems? "

mmc21

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R, Boost Blue
Country flag
25k after 2 years. No real problems except the infotainment breaking all the time. I 3-2 mis-shifted in Jan 2023 and I've driven the car 5k+ miles since. It has a top end ticking/clicking noise which I have heard on a few other people's FK8s on this forum which seems to be normal or common. Not 100% sure if it was there before the mis-shift as I wasn't hyper focused.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
About 50k miles on my 2018 here:
- Driver seat frame had to be replaced. Bottom seat cushion would not lower while seated in the seat.
- Black window trim peeling and quarter panel trim corner poking out which was replaced under warranty.
- Valve cover gasket replaced due to oil leak under warranty
- Condenser, Evaporator, and Compressor replaced under warranty/warranty-extension
- Shifter assembly due to factory cross-threaded knob under good-will

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
About 50k miles on my 2018 here:
- Driver seat frame had to be replaced. Bottom seat cushion would not lower while seated in the seat.
- Black window trim peeling and quarter panel trim corner poking out which was replaced under warranty.
- Valve cover gasket replaced due to oil leak under warranty
- Condenser, Evaporator, and Compressor replaced under warranty/warranty-extension
- Shifter assembly due to factory cross-threaded knob under good-will
Damn you must’ve got a Friday evening build car :p

SpicyMcFatburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1976 Datsun 280Z
Country flag
OP messaged me privately asking about high mileage, so I figured I'd share with everyone...

I am at 134,xxx miles as of now. I should make 135,000 within the next few days. I've replaced the brake pads, I believe, 4 times. Currently running Project Mu pads, but they are NOISY, so I'll be switching to Hawk HPS 5.0s. I am still on the stock rotors.

In the summer I run 18x9.5 Volk CE28SLs and the winter I run stock wheels with snow tires. The car handles great in the snow and I also drove through an ice storm to the Indianapolis Airport, a trip that usually takes me 90 minutes that took me 5 hours. Aside from having to take it slow, the CTR did great. I am on swift lowering springs, which really give it a nice stance.

My front bumper has a small gap where the clips have loosened up when I hit Bambi at around 15mph. I have several small rock chips in the paint, but nothing over the top.

I have done the recommended oil change intervals of 10,000 miles for every change and done them religiously. I burn absolutely zero oil. I have a PRL intake as my only engine mod, and that's just so I can hear the diverter valve. I am also on my stock clutch, which is the biggest surprise and I've probably just jinxed myself, but oh well.

The driver's side outer seat bolster is starting to wear out, and I had to clean up the alcantara all around the cabin, but it's holding up well. I installed the CF interior trim in January and it looks great. I do have a Tommy Kaira Titanium Hebi Bebi shift knob, but that's about it.

Every few months I get the urge to look at what else I could be driving. RS3s, Gladiators, Raptors, the TLX Type S or RSX Type S...but I've yet to pull the trigger and doubt I will until something really appeals to me.

My past vehicles are a 2005 Civic DX, a 2006 Si, a 2008 Evo X GSR, a 2005 Ranger, a 2006 Accord, a 2007 Ridgeline, a 1984 El Camino SS, and a 2010 2dr Rubicon. I currently daily the Type R and have a 1976 Datsun 280Z that I drive fairly often in the summer. I often miss my Evo, but it was stupidly modified (I got deep into the online Evo community and was a mod on one of the biggest Evo forums) and I ran into a string of unreliable shops that resulted in me selling the car, unfinished, and jaded to big, high horsepower builds. For now, the Type R is a great daily that allows me to have some fun occasionally, while also being able to transport me, my wife, and our son with plenty of room.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Damn you must’ve got a Friday evening build car :p
I was really contemplating selling the car in 2 years if the AC goes bust again which is the end of my ext warranty

But they recently announced a warranty extension for the compressor, and I expect another for evaporator to follow. Guess I'll keep it for another 5 ish years.

If I don't go EV then I might pick up a used RS3 lol

MainNewf

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
Just rolled over 116,000km! Nothing major done on my car. Only major item was LR wheel bearing. Other than that, just basic maintenance and wear and tear items. Winter driven as well.

OP
OP

Deleted member 54128

Thanks. I

It really shows how well Honda designed the engines and transmissions. They are really going very well. Here in Germany, hardly any transmission or engine damage is known, if only by switching. Here in Germany, it was also predicted Form some Users that these engines with such thin oils as 0W20 would not last without turbo damage or engine damage. Thank you for your contributions.

keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si coupe, 2021 SGP Type R
- Driver seat frame had to be replaced. Bottom seat cushion would not lower while seated in the seat
Our Si does this, I need to get out of the car to lower the seat. I didn't know it was a common problem and there was a solution. Do you know what exactly had to be replaced?

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Our Si does this, I need to get out of the car to lower the seat. I didn't know it was a common problem and there was a solution. Do you know what exactly had to be replaced?
Driver seat frame, afaik they'll need to remove the seat cover/bolsters and transfer them to the new seat. I had to take mine in a 2nd time cause the bolster wasn't seated right after the replacement.

Bryvno

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
About to hit 65k by next month, got this car used at 50k miles. I used to have a 2018 CW White with 7 miles off the lot many moons ago, but returned it since I had a financial situation going on. I knew I had to get this car back so I did. With my current FK8 mods I have added are some 18's nothing crazy with some good Yokohama Advan Sport all season tires while I save for TE's. Got rear seat covers since I got 2 boys. Lowered it on swift springs recently and waiting on my PRL HVI to get here.

The only problems I have is looking at the paint chipping from all the door handles.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My 2018, 44,000 miles in, get about 27 mpg combined. Typically 30 on any longer drive. Which I doubt the FL5 will get based on what has been quoted by Honda, and from real world drives.
I miss the mileage on my SI, you can add another 5 -10 mpg to those numbers.
No real issues so far on the 2018 Type R -except a recent clicking / rattling sound when I back off the throttle at certain RPM's.
Usually it is quiet.
Changed brakes and front rotors (went OEM) at just past 31,000 miles. For comparison, my 2017 SI had original brakes and pads at 52,000 miles when traded - and it still had over 60% left on the pads. This car eats tires like gumdrops. The SI was better for that.
That's about it though. Otherwise running very well.
BTW, had no issues at all on the 2017 SI over three years and 52,000 miles.
Expect to keep this FK8 for the long run, so appreciate hearing from owners who have more miles on their cars.

gxl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R PMM
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think I hit 50k miles last week.
But yeah, no real issues besides tires maybe. Basic maintenance so far. Basic PRL intake and RMM inserts. And an exhaust.
Sponsored