Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I want that red 97 Coupe!
Lol, no way! It also belongs to my girlfriend. After 1.5 years and 28,000 we put on since then, it has been great.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
My '94 Civic EX was rock solid.

OP
OP

Aetheric Continua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
'98 6th Gen Civic DX Hatch Manual. Still going strong after 18 yrs @175K. Manual everything: manual trans, door locks, windows, hatch (No remote release).

Very low maintenance costs over those 18 years.

Early in its life, one recall for the ignition switch .

It just started having a transmission issue for the first time...reverse needs a couple tries to engage. It is not worth fixing. Who needs reverse anyway?

I am a software engineer who surprisingly believes in K.I.S.S for everything, including: cars, electronics & gadgets. Therefore, I like simple cars...less gadgets...less things to go wrong. However, I want leather for my next car. Therefore, the '16 Sport Touring Hatch is my next choice. I hope I do not regret it.
Keeping it simple indeed ;) :p

inked308

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
1998 DX Coupe. The absolute base model with manual everything. At the time I was commuting about 145 miles round trip per day, and when I finally sold it in 2007 it had 327,000 miles on it. At that time it had general wear and tear on it, but still looked good and functioned perfectly- and never had a single breakdown. The only expenses were for gas, tires, scheduled maintenance and a cracked windshield. What a great little car. Glad i'm no longer doing that commute, however. Just got an EX-T about 4 weeks ago and am loving it.

Ghostinnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 black pearl Civic EX-T coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1998 DX Coupe. The absolute base model with manual everything. At the time I was commuting about 145 miles round trip per day, and when I finally sold it in 2007 it had 327,000 miles on it. At that time it had general wear and tear on it, but still looked good and functioned perfectly- and never had a single breakdown. The only expenses were for gas, tires, scheduled maintenance and a cracked windshield. What a great little car. Glad i'm no longer doing that commute, however. Just got an EX-T about 4 weeks ago and am loving it.
Just goes to show you how good maintenance and TLC can substantially extend the operational life of these little cars....Good job man!! :thumbsup:
Sponsored