What's your favorite car to race?

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
I plan on buying a ctr in a couple of years only owe around 5k on my 2020 si used stock money from work. Just gotta wait until my youngest daughter gets out of a car seat and It will be mine.
I promise you, it is everything +
You are able to do supercar feats in everyday driving!

One thing that no one mentions is the gear ratio being a way to even more accelerative force. F gas mileage!

I run shorter 18in wheel tire combo than stock because I don't need to go 160mph and it gives me a nice advantage. Yeah Buddy :)

Trust me it still looks good.
Honda Civic 10th gen What's your favorite car to race? IMG_20190727_132403
Sponsored

OP
OP
Turtle_714

Turtle_714

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Mine would be mustangs. They’re the only things I’ve lost to so far (coyote). Other than a Mazda speed 3 when I was stock. I’ve beat different gen gti’s, wrx’s, nitrous lsvtec 92 civic, e63 amg, other 10th gens, 2 4.6L mistangs, 350z and a couple tuned Silverado’s.

I always pull the “not bad for a 1.5L” card. Hurts egos bit haha
Nice! Funny, I always think the same thing after...."not bad for a 1.5L." 350z is another one I like seeing out there.

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice! Funny, I always think the same thing after...."not bad for a 1.5L." 350z is another one I like seeing out there.
Both coyotes were tuned and fbo btw, not stock at all. It’s funny cause I’ll pop the hood and no one has a clue what or where to look. Also I have two car seats in the back and get 41mpg on the highway on 35% ethanol. That’s a win alone right there haha

OP
OP
Turtle_714

Turtle_714

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Both coyotes were tuned and fbo btw, not stock at all. It’s funny cause I’ll pop the hood and no one has a clue what or where to look. Also I have two car seats in the back and get 41mpg on the highway on 35% ethanol. That’s a win alone right there haha
I've never raced somebody I know, just random encounters on the freeway so idk what mods I've been up against unfortunately. My car looks stock, doesn't have any aero mods or flashy stuff. Its all under the hood. I like it that way. You got any other upgrades other than flex fuel?

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
We have a few nice 2 lane off ramps joining freeway to freeway here in New Mexico and that is where my friends love to put the Honda magic down. I can pretty much pass most any car at will in those scenarios. I go to Cars and Coffee on Saturdays and there are many cars of all levels to leave and play with.

I used to drag race my S2000 and then the CTR entered, now I race around corners.
( I run the local Porsche club AutoX too )

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've never raced somebody I know, just random encounters on the freeway so idk what mods I've been up against unfortunately. My car looks stock, doesn't have any aero mods or flashy stuff. Its all under the hood. I like it that way. You got any other upgrades other than flex fuel?
I like the stock look. I want to get wheels but end up buy go fast stuff haha I have 27won W1 and TIP, PRL catted dp/fp, depo racing fmic, type r clutch, hasport rmm, type r exhaust, PRL sri race maf and etuned by DRob. Made 362whp 310wtq.

OP
OP
Turtle_714

Turtle_714

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
I like the stock look. I want to get wheels but end up buy go fast stuff haha I have 27won W1 and TIP, PRL catted dp/fp, depo racing fmic, type r clutch, hasport rmm, type r exhaust, PRL sri race maf and etuned by DRob. Made 362whp 310wtq.
Sounds like a solid Si. I'm waiting for early 2021 to get the Rv6 drop in turbo and custom tune. Pretty much maxed out this stock turbo. Is a turbo upgrade as exciting as it sounds? I can't wait to feel that rush of having way more top end power.

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sounds like a solid Si. I'm waiting for early 2021 to get the Rv6 drop in turbo and custom tune. Pretty much maxed out this stock turbo. Is a turbo upgrade as exciting as it sounds? I can't wait to feel that rush of having way more top end power.
I’m waiting for the w2 now and a hpfp option for some more powa! Oh yes, it’s so much better. It reminds me of a ctr power band. It’s defiantly down on low rpm torque but keeps pulling til rev limiter. It’s so worth it, sounds better too.

OP
OP
Turtle_714

Turtle_714

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
I’m waiting for the w2 now and a hpfp option for some more powa! Oh yes, it’s so much better. It reminds me of a ctr power band. It’s defiantly down on low rpm torque but keeps pulling til rev limiter. It’s so worth it, sounds better too.
The W2 is what I'd really like to have. But without a built motor I'm just worried about keeping the block in one piece. Decisions decisions.

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The W2 is what I'd really like to have. But without a built motor I'm just worried about keeping the block in one piece. Decisions decisions.
Im stock motor right now but plan to do rods at least. Maybe pistons but stock aren’t terrible and I’m not shooting for crazy power. Just enough to beat bolt on coyotes. But like you said, decisions decisions haha

OP
OP
Turtle_714

Turtle_714

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Im stock motor right now but plan to do rods at least. Maybe pistons but stock aren’t terrible and I’m not shooting for crazy power. Just enough to beat bolt on coyotes. But like you said, decisions decisions haha
I know it would be better to build the motor first, and then upgrade the turbo. I just lack patience. And I'd feel comfortable somewhere around 330whp and 350ftlbs tq give or take on a stock motor.

Janssen098

First Name
Janssen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic si
Country flag
How is the 27 won turbo? I was planning on buying myself one for Christmas but not sure it’s worth it. I’m ordering the prl intercooler end of this month also. I bought the stage 2 competition clutch from two step but it’s not available until the 20th of this month.

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Right just had dodge a few days ago pull on my ctr. I was like holy crap he's built.
Yep!
I have been bested by diesel trucks that I could drive my car under! And they LOVE to "roll coal" on you!

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This year had a Silverado z71 rocky ridge edition, a newer Jeep (not a Cherokee) and a G37x. I didn't pass them, but they also didn't pull away from me. I'll go against anything even if I get smoked, just for comparison. I like seeing fast cars driven the way they were intended to be. Pisses me off when someone drives like an 80 year old in a performance car.
Sponsored