What's your experience with other Civic drivers while driving your CTR?

unholy79

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R, 2023 Indian Sport Chief
Country flag
Since I got my CTR I've been used to seeing other Civic drivers checking out my CTR on the road, I get a kick out of it most of the time. Even other STI/Focus ST/Etc are pretty cool about it, mutual wave and a smile, etc... Had this one gent though in what I believe may have been an Si sedan made to look like a CTR ride up on my rear end so close I probably could have read his VIN number. He eventually backed off as I don't generally engage in shenanigans on busy roads.

He came out of the 30mph zone pretty quick and right up on me (obligatory fisheye lens disclaimer, objects on cam ARE closer than they appear).

Honda Civic 10th gen What's your experience with other Civic drivers while driving your CTR? 1628172809094

Honda Civic 10th gen What's your experience with other Civic drivers while driving your CTR? 1628172876161

Honda Civic 10th gen What's your experience with other Civic drivers while driving your CTR? 1628173291255

Shared a wave and a smile as he passed me briefly near the light. Exhaust was also a 3-port with that bluing effect on it.

Still, if I see another CTR it's usually a flash of the lights and a wave, but then I get the folks who "draft" in a 55mph zone...

Mr. X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R #45600
Country flag
I've only had my CTR for about a week and just about everyday so far at least 1 civic will either try to race me or will rev their engine at a stop light at me lol. I honestly ignore it all and just smile and keep it moving.

OP
OP
unholy79

unholy79

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've only had my CTR for about a week and just about everyday so far at least 1 civic will either try to race me or will rev their engine at a stop light at me lol. I honestly ignore it all and just smile and keep it moving.
While I'm fully aware that there are Civics out there which will absolutely annihilate me, one creedo I've stuck with since I picked this up is "It's a CTR, I have nothing to prove." Same thing when I had my 2016 Golf R. Doesn't mean I don't play though. Most fun I've had in the past couple months was a solid run against a 1982 Camaro Z28 which showed no mercy.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
normal civic drivers seem to not care about the TYPE-R. Our community are the only people who value these cars as much as we do. everyone else doesnt give a fuck. .....to the majority its just a civic with a wing.,

lexro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2006, Civic Sedan Sport 2019, Type R 2021
Country flag
literally no one cares. it's just another car on the road.
for most of them.

Mr. X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R #45600
Country flag
While I'm fully aware that there are Civics out there which will absolutely annihilate me, one creedo I've stuck with since I picked this up is "It's a CTR, I have nothing to prove." Same thing when I had my 2016 Golf R. Doesn't mean I don't play though. Most fun I've had in the past couple months was a solid run against a 1982 Camaro Z28 which showed no mercy.
Lol. Yeah I keep that mindset as well. Nothing to prove here buddy. Let me just enjoy my ride home.

OP
OP
unholy79

unholy79

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
normal civic drivers seem to not care about the TYPE-R. Our community are the only people who value these cars as much as we do. everyone else doesnt give a fuck. .....to the majority its just a civic with a wing.,
Was loading lumber into mine a while back, guy next to me gave an odd look as I was loading it in, I simply said "I'm adding another wing to it." :)

Deleted member 51112

True dat! For $15k less a tuned hatch can stay within a few cars, not look like rice doing so, and make it to work safely in a driving snow in the dead of winter when 95% of all R's are locked away in a garage for months on end only adding to your bloated insurance bill. LOL

gaara46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 4runner
Country flag
si drivers check out my car, and other modded civics too. it’s mostly a look of awe and envy lol ?

magshell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback ST
Country flag
I've had the opposite where CTRs do similar things to me lol. I'm guessing it's just because of the wing on mine ?‍♂

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Dont get me wrong, I get plenty of compliments and people that stare at the car when I drive by, but for the most part I havent encountered anyone with a big enough ego in a regular civic that needs to ricer flyby me or talk shit lol
Sponsored