500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
ah oops i went by the Si listed under your username. But yeah my point being under 12v cutoff is too low imo. Damages the battery long term letting it drain to that point. A dual camera system i'd imagine would consume double the power.
Probably would concern me more if I wasn't behind the wheel every 12 hours. Some situations could vary tho where the car sits for days at a time. I've only left it sit to see if it cuts off properly so I don't deal with a dead battery.
Sponsored

Supastar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
I use the Rexing v1p front and rear and their smart hardwire kit so if the battery drops too low it shuts off. Runs about 2 days constant and its nice working 12 hour shifts.
Thx 4 the info, good to know about the hardwire kit

Supastar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Looks like running a dual dash cam for 8 to 12 hr work shifts isn't great 4 the battery long term. Especially in cold winter where u really want the crank power.

I heard of dash cam running off an external battery pack... Guess I would have to try that.

The budget for a proper dash cam set up is getting out of hand fast with all these features u need just to have a piece of mind.

Anyone else have good ideas? Thx

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Championship white Type R #25133, 09' Civic SI sedan, black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Mustang Cobra
Country flag
I have the Roav Dashcam S-1 in my FK8 and my wife's Accord Sport. Cheap price wise and it works outstanding! I used another spare mount and installed it into my 09' SI and just swap it into that car when I use it. Looks like it is on sale now at Amazon too!:headbang:

Honda Civic 10th gen What's your dashcam? 9B6AD804-C987-4902-B9D9-73F714B4B2CB

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 PMM Civic Type R '07 MR Fit Sport (RIP)
Country flag
Just to counterpoint what everyone else has. I bought one of the cheapest dash cams you can get off of amazon. The instruction manual is useless. I had to figure it out by trial and error. Video quality isn't the best, but it works.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Is there a way to wire these so that they're only on when the car is? I don't need 24/7 surveillance, and would prefer not to put a drain on my battery.

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
I got a cheap chorteau brand cam. I hope I never need to refer to it, but if I do it's good enough to serve it's purpose.

Habanero

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX. 2012 G25
Country flag
I had an HeroHD the first gopro hd- but it was bulky had a huge battery that lasted 2+ hours. The new ones cant do that unless plugged in to a power source. Anyway mounted in the middle of the dash had a super clear wide angle. I had to take it out afterwards, erase the card and charge it overnight I never worried about it being stolen, but it was fantastic as far as clarity.

Last edited:

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Sure. Tap an accessory fuse. This is how my cameras on the S2000 and the Civic work.
Neat. So these battery issues being discussed would only be a concern for those wanting 24/7 coverage then, right?

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Is there a way to wire these so that they're only on when the car is? I don't need 24/7 surveillance, and would prefer not to put a drain on my battery.
You can hardwire to any accessory switched fuse. That way it will only turn on with the accessory mode or ignition.

The alternative is getting a camera with a adjustable voltage cutoff kit. I installed a Viofo A119 V3 and its matching hardwire kit in my Gf's car that allows for adjustable voltage cutoff so no fears of battery draining. I set it to the highest voltage cutoff of something over 12V.

I recently got into a minor accident that I wish I had my camera on to record the other driver. I had turned my ignition off though so I didnt capture that interaction. My preference now is to always record and just shut off with either a low voltage cutoff or just keep the battery on a tender if i plan on letting it sit for 2+ weeks. My kit does not have an adjustable cutoff and cuts off at way too low a voltage for my preference. Most non specific hardwire kits cutoff at 11.6v or something stupid.

HondaFan2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 PMM CTR (ex BMW 420d GC)
Country flag
I got a Thinkware U1000 dual channel + radar module + Cellink NEO battery pack.
Expensive but the advanced parking modes, high quality night shooting, high resolution are helpful.

Here in Europe, hit and runs are normal. Or causing accidents and lying when concrete evidence/witnesses lack. So you need to invest a bit.
Sponsored