What's your dashcam?

louielouie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I've got a dash cam on my radar detector :p, let's me drive how i want at ease.
I use a Uniden R3, and more than 1/2 the time, LEO aren't using their radar...
Sponsored

Johnsen

First Name
Kasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic Type R 2018
Country flag
Do you guys have any problems with your batteri? I have a Black vue 750 2 channels. But it turns off within 10 hours. So i have to charge the car one time a month.

louielouie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Do you guys have any problems with your batteri? I have a Black vue 750 2 channels. But it turns off within 10 hours. So i have to charge the car one time a month.
I think the recommended time off the PMP is 6 hours. You could be drawing too much voltage. If you want to run it for longer, I suggest a cellink neo, B-112 or B-124

Supastar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Whats the best cam (front & rear) & solution for users who have to park a car in a parking lot for 8+ hrs?

Thx

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
Whats the best cam (front & rear) & solution for users who have to park a car in a parking lot for 8+ hrs?

Thx
I use the Rexing v1p front and rear and their smart hardwire kit so if the battery drops too low it shuts off. Runs about 2 days constant and its nice working 12 hour shifts.

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
I use a GoPro attached to a suction cup mount. I didn’t want to deal with wires and ripping out headliner. The only con to this is having to replace batteries when they die while you’re driving

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
I use a GoPro attached to a suction cup mount. I didn’t want to deal with wires and ripping out headliner. The only con to this is having to replace batteries when they die while you’re driving
I hardwired my Viofo A119 on my Type R. The only thing you have to do really is remove the A pillar cover to run the wires down to the fusebox by the driver. No headliner removal required. I think it is worth the effort for the convenience of never having to worry about it again. Or you can run a very long USB cable down and under your floor mats to the USB port or ciglighter.

I havent run anything to the rear of the Type R, but I'd imagine its just tucking the wire in the headliner edge like I did to hardwire my gf's camera in her BMW where the fusebox is located behind the rear seats. Again, no headliner removal required.

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I hardwired my Viofo A119 on my Type R. The only thing you have to do really is remove the A pillar cover to run the wires down to the fusebox by the driver. No headliner removal required. I think it is worth the effort for the convenience of never having to worry about it again. Or you can run a very long USB cable down and under your floor mats to the USB port or ciglighter.

I havent run anything to the rear of the Type R, but I'd imagine its just tucking the wire in the headliner edge like I did to hardwire my gf's camera in her BMW where the fusebox is located behind the rear seats. Again, no headliner removal required.
Did you just pull the headliner back a little to route the wire to the A-pillar? Does the FK8 have a rear fuse box to tap power for the rear camera? If so, I wonder if the hatch layout complicates things a bit.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Check this out at Amazon.com
Rexing V1P 3rd Generation Dual 1080p Full HD Front and Rear 170 Degree Wide Angle Wi-Fi Car Dash Cam with Supercapacitor, 2.4" LCD Screen, G-Sensor, Loop Recording, Mobile App https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FCSMJZB/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_4PTKEbB0S5G1S
I'm not sure how big the battery is in the Si, but in my Type R a constant on single dash cam can drain the battery within a few weeks unless you have a low voltage cutoff. Dual cams will obviously consume more power if you plan on having it always on.

Try to find a hardwire kit with an adjustable cutoff. Most on the market including the one on my Type R cutoff at too low of a voltage (11.5v or something crazy) where the car will have a noticeably slower crank. The kit on my GF's car is adjustable with 3 different voltage settings, 2 of which are above 12v.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Did you just pull the headliner back a little to route the wire to the A-pillar? Does the FK8 have a rear fuse box to tap power for the rear camera? If so, I wonder if the hatch layout complicates things a bit.
Sorta, just pushed the wire into the gap between the headliner and the top of the windshield, down into the a pillar. The A pillar cover sits too tight to the windshield/edge so its basically impossible to run the wire through without removing the cover, which is one bolt behind the airbag cover.

AFAIK there is no fusebox at the rear of the Type R, but think there's at least an ignition controlled power source back there as the Remus' exhaust valve is wired into something in that area (i think).

Last edited:

battledog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Country flag
Been pretty happy with Logitech Dash Cam Mini. Wanted something as small as possible that can be hidden behind the rear view mirror. For me a display is unnecessary because I watch my clips on the iPhone. The video quality is fine.
Honda Civic 10th gen What's your dashcam? cf-lg-4cd9f690-860a-4006-9dfb-9417ace04c81

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
I'm not sure how big the battery is in the Si, but in my Type R a constant on single dash cam can drain the battery within a few weeks unless you have a low voltage cutoff. Dual cams will obviously consume more power if you plan on having it always on.

Try to find a hardwire kit with an adjustable cutoff. Most on the market including the one on my Type R cutoff at too low of a voltage (11.5v or something crazy) where the car will have a noticeably slower crank. The kit on my GF's car is adjustable with 3 different voltage settings, 2 of which are above 12v.
Mine isn't adjustable but at 11.6 volts it stops supplying power from my battery to the camera but takes about 2 days before the battery gets too low. And I have a Type R maybe I need to update the picture after 8 months..

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Mine isn't adjustable but at 11.6 volts it stops supplying power from my battery to the camera but takes about 2 days before the battery gets too low. And I have a Type R maybe I need to update the picture after 8 months..
ah oops i went by the Si listed under your username. But yeah my point being under 12v cutoff is too low imo. Damages the battery long term letting it drain to that point. A dual camera system i'd imagine would consume double the power.
Sponsored