ChefRyeSi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan / 04’ CRV EX 5MT
Country flag
I'm looking at new brakes as the OEM ones are dying and getting noisy. I LOVE the Willwood BBK from TSP for looks and good street performance, but that kit is front brakes only. There isn't any Willwood options to match the rears so I was thinking maybe just StopTech rotors for the rear? Any similar recommendations are fully welcome! I am aware of the 27won package but it is slightly pricey, but not out of the question.
Sponsored

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I currently have EBC rotors and red stuff pads front/rear which are great for the street but did not hold up on track. I have the wilwood BBK kit in my garage waiting to install. I will continue to run the ebc combo on the rear. Only the front pads were an issue on track, I was using yellow pads at the time.

fabrizzio71

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe White Orchid Pearl
Country flag
I currently have EBC rotors and red stuff pads front/rear which are great for the street but did not hold up on track. I have the wilwood BBK kit in my garage waiting to install. I will continue to run the ebc combo on the rear. Only the front pads were an issue on track, I was using yellow pads at the time.
I have EBC rotors and redstuff pads waiting to install front and rear, do these feel like a significant upgrade to stock?

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I have EBC rotors and redstuff pads waiting to install front and rear, do these feel like a significant upgrade to stock?
Yes they do on the street! I will continue to use on the rear for sure. I just demolished a brand new set of yellow stuff on the front over a 3 day track event.

fabrizzio71

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe White Orchid Pearl
Country flag
Yes they do on the street! I will continue to use on the rear for sure. I just demolished a brand new set of yellow stuff on the front over a 3 day track event.
Thanks!!

OP
OP
ChefRyeSi

ChefRyeSi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
B78CECB4-17B6-4A19-A7AE-02DE1F0DA659.jpeg
Genesis coupe brembo, ebc pads. Overkill in most applications buy I love the look and feel
No such thing as overkill brakes more or less. Atleast in terms of safety. Also. Damn they look really good. I’ve been reading a lot about the swap, sourcing is a challenge in my area atleast. Care to explain the process?

OP
OP
ChefRyeSi

ChefRyeSi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
- What's Your Brake Setup?

the one Honda gave me, it's a civic, not a Nascar
After seeing your other replies to various other threads….🍪. There you go, seems like you’ve been wanting one. You’ve got to be the most negative user in the forum.

OP
OP
ChefRyeSi

ChefRyeSi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
B78CECB4-17B6-4A19-A7AE-02DE1F0DA659.jpeg
Genesis coupe brembo, ebc pads. Overkill in most applications buy I love the look and feel
If you don’t mind, we can move to DM’s. I’d appreciate talking more in depth about the genny brembo swap.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm biased but as you stated our BBK works very well. Let me know if you have any questions about it.

nttran98

First Name
Timmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Hatchback EX-L
Country flag
No such thing as overkill brakes more or less. Atleast in terms of safety. Also. Damn they look really good. I’ve been reading a lot about the swap, sourcing is a challenge in my area atleast. Care to explain the process?
wonder if someone can use something like Thisto figure out the profile needed for the wheel with the Genesis BBK upgrade. I am having a TSW Kemora 18x8 +35 but it seems tight.
Sponsored