Whats up with the Subaru WRX Sti's ?

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
It never fails...They want to tailgate, they want to fuck with you, they want to follow you, I mean what is going on?

I love the Sti I'm not mocking the car..its the drivers. Its like they see the Type R and their eyes get red. Anybody got any Sti guy stories?
They probably assume based on the color of your car you're carrying some Monster energy drink and they run on that stuff.

The best course of action is to ask them to stay clear of you until you pass, so when their head gasket goes it doesn't splash anything on your delicious car.

Stay safe out there!
Sponsored

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The only one I really had was a guy in a GTi pace me in my 2010 Si late at night when I was going to get some Taco Bell and he/she would pull ahead every so often and then sit right beside me. I didn't even look over and I was like GTFO.

SixSpeeder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si, 2021 Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude
Country flag
Man I know I'm not even trying to mock Sti's as a whole. i just wonder what they think about Type r owners? Is there some kind of hidden rivalry going on that i don't know about.
I almost want to go to a Sti forum and post up and see what they think about the Civic Type R.
Hidden rivalry? They are direct competitors priced similarly and are both the pinnacle of a hotted up economy car from their respective brands. It shouldn't be surprising that you get immature gear heads trying to race you on a regular basis, especially considering that you are driving the direct competitor. Just keep doing you and ignore them, there's nothing funnier than matching eyes with a peacock at a light and then letting them roast their clutch trying to prove how fast they are while you pull off normally. :drive:

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Man I know I'm not even trying to mock Sti's as a whole. i just wonder what they think about Type r owners? Is there some kind of hidden rivalry going on that i don't know about.
I almost want to go to a Sti forum and post up and see what they think about the Civic Type R.
They have a lot of salt built up since they are running the same flawed engine design since 2005. I had a 2008 STi - it died when the headgasket went. lol!

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si black sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When they line up with me at a light and rev their engine, I like to turn sport on, close my windows and sunroof, turn down my music, and rev back. Then as they peal off their treads when the light changes..... I disable sport and move off the line As. Slow. As. Possible. For some reason I find this hilarious.

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si black sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The best course of action is to ask them to stay clear of you until you pass, so when their head gasket goes it doesn't splash anything on your delicious car.
This is the funniest thing I have read today. Well played.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Had an STI give me a thumbs up as he passed by. Other than that every STI I've seen is mud flaps and vape clouds lmao
Hahaha I've had people on jobs ask why I didn't get a WRX. At first I was confused like huh? Then I realized it's because I vape, gotta chuckle I had rally armor on my FK8 too...... lol but they are kind of a necessity if you get a good looking offset like +45

Tev42

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Drove by an STI about 5 mins ago. Gave each other a mutual thumbs up. All fun cars deserve a thumbs up

except mustangs

Masmackles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hahaha I've had people on jobs ask why I didn't get a WRX. At first I was confused like huh? Then I realized it's because I vape, gotta chuckle I had rally armor on my FK8 too...... lol but they are kind of a necessity if you get a good looking offset like +45
Hahaha to be fair the mud flaps make sense, hell I think all cars/trucks/whatever should have some sort of flap... Nothing worse than driving behind a vehicle and just getting ruined by everything.

-JP-

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 CTR, '06 RSX-S, '10 MDX, '01 Sequoia
Country flag
No issues with Subi owners in my area as well as the RS/ST groups. The Mustang drivers are a different story though.

BoostinIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Country flag
I never did that in my STi, was usually other idiots trying to race it (Granted this was back pre-2010).

When I had the LS3 S14.5...nobody wanted to play with me :( Same with the BRZ, but at least that I understood lol

20% STi elite-ism, 80% idiot drivers.
Sponsored