mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I don't get why they couldn't make the sedan have the same style rear bumper as the coupe? I'm okay with the fake vents in the front, hate the ones in the back.

Anyone have the photoshop skills to resize the coupe rear bumper to a sedan?

IMG_0930.JPG
IMG_0931.JPG
Agreed. The coupe, without the faked vents, looks a lot better.

On the other hand, I prefer the lower spoiler in the sedan than the coupe. The spoiler on the coupe looks too exaggerated.

PolishedLX

Banned
Where were fighter jets to stop vegas shooting?
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
"50/50 kid" but on the "right side" of coin flip!
Vehicle(s)
The car that made all others obsolete, "doh, self-explanatory"
Country flag
I thought of this thread when I saw a Focus ST earlier today. Either way, whether it's a blacked-out expansion joint (ST) or a skewed pentagon (Civic), it's a surface treatment intended to downplay the big slab of a butt that modern cars have (G35 coupe.. ahem ;) ).
^* if the vents weren't there, they would cal lit a J Lo butt. Here is a potential tip..play it off like they function like a reverse wing that, along with the 2 rear deck spoilers, help to hold the car down at high speeds. lol

Last edited:

Brian17Si

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
^* if the vents weren't there, they would cal lit a J Lo butt. Here is a potential tip..play it off like they function like a reverse wing that, along with the 2 rear deck spoilers, help to hold the car down at high speeds. lol
:lol:
I agree. I called it a bubble butt but J Lo butt is best. I lightly bumped rear bumper on wall once cause previous car had more flat bumper.

PolishedLX

Banned
Where were fighter jets to stop vegas shooting?
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
"50/50 kid" but on the "right side" of coin flip!
Vehicle(s)
The car that made all others obsolete, "doh, self-explanatory"
Country flag
:lol:
I lightly bumped rear bumper on wall once cause previous car had more flat bumper.
I did too and I got a scratch on my boodie.

Brian17Si

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did too and I got a scratch on my boodie.
:rofl: That's ok we won't be the only ones! The backup camera ain't the best either. I don't backup any farther than the dotted line now.

Last edited:

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
This is what I want in the middle of my fake rear vents. Too bad there is nothing behind them to attach the D rings to.
Honda Civic 10th gen What's up with the huge fake vents? images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSuiHxJnM7x1OeFkEAKX4aKv9roEx-UuMAzZQ05KnZUCvExAeuGv

2018 Si FireFighter

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, 2010 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They look good, but what I don't get, is why go through all the trouble of designing bumpers that have them and then just block them off? I mean, thw rear bumper of the Si coupe I can understand...but the front ones? Or the rear ones on the sedan or hatch?

Shoot...even if there was just a small opening in them that functioned as an air inlet to cool the front brakes or something like that it would be nice
On my Si sedan one of my fake vents on the front has holes in it. I can only assume it’s some kind of intake seeing as how it’s in a small circle about 3-4 in instead of the whole thing. I haven’t traced out what it’s for yet though. Any thoughts?

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
On my Si sedan one of my fake vents on the front has holes in it. I can only assume it’s some kind of intake seeing as how it’s in a small circle about 3-4 in instead of the whole thing. I haven’t traced out what it’s for yet though. Any thoughts?
It's the opening for the horn.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
They could have used it for something more productive than the horn. Would have made more sense to be a ram air or something of the like.
Well, the intake is on the opposite side of the car, though.