What's up with the huge fake vents?

skycrapper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Si
Did a quick Photoshop on the official blue Si photo. Not at all an ideal vent-free rear bumper, but it's an approximation of what a smooth bumper might look like at this size.

2017-Civic-Si-smoothbumper-001.jpg
Much better. I'd take a sedan just like that. Those ridiculous non-functional air vents are fugly.
Sponsored

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
One of my biggest concerns regarding the bumper covers is how these black plastic panels/trims are going to look as they age under the sun.

They are not going to look pleasant when these things fade from time under the sun or lack of care since the fake vents have such a large surface area.
Fortunately they are both easy and cheap to replace @ <$40 a side.

Milo & Miles

Is there anything that won't fit into this car?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch

Brian17Si

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For what its worth, the Focus ST guys have actually been "sanding" the fake spots of their grilles away. I bet this would work just the same way on the new tenth gen.

Honda Civic 10th gen What's up with the huge fake vents? 179681d1478702689-sanding-back-front-grill-img_20161108_190319_01

Honda Civic 10th gen What's up with the huge fake vents? IMG_20150529_140824_zpsvdolvsrk

Honda Civic 10th gen What's up with the huge fake vents? IMG_20150529_143852_zpsgnjzgoj9
Nice find Boomba. I was considering cutting vent holes out. But even so it will only expose the bumper behind vent. I'm considering cutting bumper to create real vent. I have concerns because it will most likely show bumper beam. Maybe it will look awesome but I guess I have to try to know. Trying to be patient waiting for some sick rear body kit replacement. Anyone have any idea when something legit will come out?

DoodleDave

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I was honestly considering trading bumpers with a normal Civic honestly. I hate the vents. Was also wondering about Accord fitment. The front of them confused me for a Civic for a bit.

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I don't get why they couldn't make the sedan have the same style rear bumper as the coupe? I'm okay with the fake vents in the front, hate the ones in the back.

Anyone have the photoshop skills to resize the coupe rear bumper to a sedan?

Honda Civic 10th gen What's up with the huge fake vents? IMG_0930.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen What's up with the huge fake vents? IMG_0931.JPG

DoodleDave

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
It doesn't matter. You can look and tell a coupe bumper won't fit a sedan. I was thinking of grabbing a normal Civic sedan bumpers front and back then cutting holes in the back for the center fee exhaust kinda give it a mini Cooper/ Veloster look.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
About three months ago when I first saw the 2017 Si, I was somewhere between "indifferent" and "repulsed" by the fake vents. By the time I bought mine a month later, I had made peace with them. After two months of ownership, I can't imagine not having them - they are one of the things that makes an Si an Si.

DoodleDave

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
About three months ago when I first saw the 2017 Si, I was somewhere between "indifferent" and "repulsed" by the fake vents. By the time I bought mine a month later, I had made peace with them. After two months of ownership, I can't imagine not having them - they are one of the things that makes an Si an Si.
They are also what makes a hatch back a hatchback.

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
It doesn't matter. You can look and tell a coupe bumper won't fit a sedan. I was thinking of grabbing a normal Civic sedan bumpers front and back then cutting holes in the back for the center fee exhaust kinda give it a mini Cooper/ Veloster look.
I didn't mean literally take the coupe and put it on the sedan. I know it won't fit. I'm just saying why couldn't they scale it up and make it the same design? Have all Si coupe vs sedans looked different like this gen?

They are also what makes a hatch back a hatchback.
:(

Brian17Si

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Oogalee

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Who wants to be the brave soul who dremmels out all the rest of the holes on the fake vents to see if it looks ridiculous as a "functional" vent, or actually good?

For the record, I'm in the Fake Vents A-OK camp.
Yes pleeease, someone cut through the vents and bumper to make it functional.
I'm dying to see what it looks like.