What's up with the green and white dash line?

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
I can not figure out why the dash goes from green to white? It's not like a certain speed or boost pressure activates the change in color. What gives? I can only assume that if you keep the green color the longest you increase gas mileage? Sloppy WOT runs will be white ... LOL ...
Sponsored

maaaaackle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Yeah...the green is supposed to be the cars way of saying "hey, you're keeping things pretty mild and its good for mileage."

the white line is saying the opposite.

Spinner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Yep, that's pretty much it. Green is for efficiency, light green is straddling the edge of efficiency, white means you're either idling or driving like you're on the Laguna Seca. It's a pretty handy way to help you predict how close you'll get to the posted 42 mpg highway number without fixating on the tach or using Eco Mode (which is pretty crappy according to most--I don't use it).

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
And it'd turn red if we had VTAKKK

TxSi

H Badge Faithful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex HB FK7
And it'd turn red if we had VTAKKK
Which is a damn shame we dont imo!! Like really honda? You finally give us a turbo engine and take away vtec? Wasnt happy to find out no vtec! Coulda been alot more car!

ShuJam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Which is a damn shame we dont imo!! Like really honda? You finally give us a turbo engine and take away vtec? Wasnt happy to find out no vtec! Coulda been alot more car!
It still (sort of) has VTEC. In some markets overseas, the turbo Civics have a VTEC TURBO badge. The Canadian Type R hatchbacks have a VTEC TURBO decal.

Last edited:

TxSi

H Badge Faithful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It still (sort of) has VTEC. In some markets overseas, the turbo Civics have a VTEC TURBO badge. The Canadian Type R hatchbacks have a VTEC TURBO decal.
Well thats not here lol so it dont count!!

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Kinda like the green lights, wish they worked in sport mode. At least no r don't, they stay white all the time :(

gomarlins3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring Hatch, 2017 Accord EX-L, 2002 S2000
The CR-Z would go from green to blue to red. The 2017 Accord has the same thing as the Civic.

Gazelle_392

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes S63 Cabriolet
We do not need VVL (A part of VTEC), but we do have DI and VVT. In theory if we reduce the travel distance for air and increasing cooling power, get rid of that shitty intake manifold and get a real Garrett GTX turbo we are able to push at least 280hp from wheel. Stay tuned for my engine rebuilding project. I am buying a secondary L15B7 just for R & D purpose.

TxSi

H Badge Faithful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We do not need VVL (A part of VTEC), but we do have DI and VVT. In theory if we reduce the travel distance for air and increasing cooling power, get rid of that shitty intake manifold and get a real Garrett GTX turbo we are able to push at least 280hp from wheel. Stay tuned for my engine rebuilding project. I am buying a secondary L15B7 just for R & D purpose.
Sounds good man, send me links please.
Sponsored