What's this little blue light?

Ikabob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Accord Touring
Country flag
That's the one. I meant that console area in front of the shifter. Just intended to wash the area below it with *some* light. We've had similar lights in an Acura TL and our CR-V. In a light-polluted urban environment, they are not very effective. In a rural area on a cloudy/moonless night, they are better than nothing.

Thanks...Oh....I can feel a recess there but there isn't any light coming from it. Maybe have to wait till night time.
Sponsored

Bervzci1

EX-T Civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
does it mean that your Bluetooth device is connected?

OP
OP

BarryH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2012 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
That was my first thought too but having tested it I'm positive it has nothing to do with Bluetooth.

Matt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I thought it meant that the "door" switch is activated and switched to "on", which means your lights come on when the doors are opened.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
The answer is still in the second post in this thread.

ahitchcox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
Everyone other than the second poster is really over thinking this. It really is just to provide a little illumination to the console when there's no outside light. It's really just for the cup holders, makes it much easier to put a drink back in the holder since you can see it.

Don't believe that little light does this? Drive somewhere dark and look down at the cup holders then put your hand over the little light, you won't be able to see the cup holders anymore.

goodra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T sedan
Country flag
My TL used to have a light like this. Like others said, its a light thats only bright enough to help see stuff you have on the console. It's really handy.
Sponsored