Whats the worst fact a dealership has told you?

hanadarko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
What the heck is this, a fee for the clearcoat? :rolleyes1:
Thats fk'n funny....it wouldnt surprise me :)

Auto butler....I've never heard of this until my visit to Honda.

http://www.autobutler.com

Supposedly, its paint protection and fabric protection options. 3/5 yr plans and redo's every 6mo.
Some sort of paint sealant I presume. I refused to pay for it so since the car had it, they deducted it off the MSRP.
The car does 'feel' slippery like wax but is this really better than wax?? - or a scam.
Sponsored

3vilhomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i went to my dealer near my house telling him i want the EX-T with aegean blue, he first told me to test drive in the LX cuz each model only offer the lowest trim for test drive only. after test drive i told him i want EX-T with aegean blue again, he said the EX-T is discontinued by honda manufacturer, Honda dont make EX-T anymore and trying to get sell me the EX-L, Fine i will get the EX-L with aegean blue. I paid 500 deposit and sign buyer agreement. 1 week later he call me saying the aegean blue is also discontinued from honda manufacturer and no longer making the aegean blue. WTF?! i told him i dont want it anymore and ask for the full refund of my deposit. he told me will take up to a week for the refund. after a week i call him he said i need to go sign some papers to get the refund. i go to the dealer he made me waited half hour cause he got a customer, after half hour he told me his manager will write a check to me after a week without me signing anything. after another week i call to ask for my check he told me his manager was off for a week with personal issues. i got so piss and call my credit card company to dispute this payment and tell them i lost my card so i can get a new credit card number. few days later the sales call me and ask for my credit card number and expiration date so he can credit my deposit back...

what a fuking aso... during this wait time i already got my EX-T aegean blue from another dealer, i got the car on the same day that i test drove it.

hanadarko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
These dam dealers....all play the same games. :hater:

...if you even FIND a decent salesman, they disappear soon after the sale. :(

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i went to my dealer near my house telling him i want the EX-T with aegean blue, he first told me to test drive in the LX cuz each model only offer the lowest trim for test drive only. after test drive i told him i want EX-T with aegean blue again, he said the EX-T is discontinued by honda manufacturer, Honda dont make EX-T anymore and trying to get sell me the EX-L, Fine i will get the EX-L with aegean blue. I paid 500 deposit and sign buyer agreement. 1 week later he call me saying the aegean blue is also discontinued from honda manufacturer and no longer making the aegean blue. WTF?! i told him i dont want it anymore and ask for the full refund of my deposit. he told me will take up to a week for the refund. after a week i call him he said i need to go sign some papers to get the refund. i go to the dealer he made me waited half hour cause he got a customer, after half hour he told me his manager will write a check to me after a week without me signing anything. after another week i call to ask for my check he told me his manager was off for a week with personal issues. i got so piss and call my credit card company to dispute this payment and tell them i lost my card so i can get a new credit card number. few days later the sales call me and ask for my credit card number and expiration date so he can credit my deposit back...

what a fuking aso... during this wait time i already got my EX-T aegean blue from another dealer, i got the car on the same day that i test drove it.
The second a dealer tries pulling any shit on me, I'm out. I don't like salespeople, they don't like me. I don't fall for their games and don't have time for their BS. Luckily my salesman was courteous and a no-nonsense kinda guy. I don't understand why they think that buyers can't educate themselves and don't see through this crap, not good for business.

Randyparson44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
I went into the dealership later in the day on a Sunday evening just "looking"... Ended Up buying my EX-T the next day but that sunday evening before leaving, the dealer said "If you buy today we will give you a extremely special 0.01% APR inhouse rate throughout the loan life.

My wife is a loan officer, and that "offer" made our night haha. Never have I heard of a financial lender just give a 24k loan with less then $240 in profit? Haha

I called him out on it too, and he didnt know what to say.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Touring Hatchback, 2016 EX-L Sensing Sedan
Country flag
Here are some of my favorites, mind you it got to a point where i would ask things just to get ridiculous answers:

All 2016's come with a turbo.
The Touring puts out like 200HP.
The Civic is eventually going to replace the Accord
The hatchback won't be out for like another 3 years
"Can i test drive a Touring" pulls up in a LX :banghead:

Me:"whats that $150 charge?"
Salesman: "oh it's the car care delivery charge"
Me: "What is it?"
Salesman:"we wash the car"
Me:"I'm not paying for a $150 car wash i'll take it dirty please".
This thread has made my day. I'm just laughing. There has to be a drinking game in here some where. Like every time you read a thread post where a sales person says an exterior color of paint does't exist but actually does… take a drink.

kirkhilles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Cosmic Blue
I know that a car is a commodity and once you get it home, its yours so it really doesn't matter whether it comes from the largest dealer or from scummy dealer, but I can't stand the lying. When they make claims that the color or model "is no longer manufactured", it's just tough to trust them enough to sell you a vehicle. Yeah, um, as long as its on Honda's website, it available for the dealership to purchase. Don't try and scam me into buying something you have on your lot.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know that a car is a commodity and once you get it home, its yours so it really doesn't matter whether it comes from the largest dealer or from scummy dealer, but I can't stand the lying. When they make claims that the color or model "is no longer manufactured", it's just tough to trust them enough to sell you a vehicle. Yeah, um, as long as its on Honda's website, it available for the dealership to purchase. Don't try and scam me into buying something you have on your lot.
I think since some (not all) of these sales guys aren't the most educated, they can't view from a consumer's perspective. People can very easily educate themselves for a car purchase, and hopefully most do. But I feel like the scummy salesguys think "Hmm, I'm gullible enough to fall for that line!" and assume everyone has that same mentality.

Or they're just lazy.

Moonlit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
My salesguy had all the info about the car correct but essentially said anything else he thought it would take to get me to take the car. He was wrong about pretty much everything having to do with buying out my lease (I sold to a friend so both bought out the previous lease and took on a new lease) causing tons of delays and extra costs. I really wanted to use my previous salesguy but he was out sick for a week. I absolutely would have waited for him, I was in no rush, but the new salesguy either lied or was wrong about what I'd get with the step up program, thus encouraging me to end my lease early. He also promised a better deal if I'd rate him more highly on the satisfaction survey, which I'm sure Honda would be delighted to hear about.

I should have waited for my salesguy, although, to be fair, he also contributed to the whole mess by never returning a phone call of mine. Now I'm never going back to this dealership and they've lost a repeat customer.

AIBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The first salesman I spoke to was extremely stoked to let me know that the center console has so much room "for your purse, we thought of everything" and that the lights turn green near the gauge cluster when you're saving gas.

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
That they have the car I wanted, in exact trim and color, came in that morning.

Fly down to the dealer right after work, only to find out they are playing the "car is sold" tactics to get me down to the dealer.

They never have the car.

Honda world, Westminster CA

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
my purchase: walked in,
salesman asked what i was looking for.
me: civic manual.
Silence.
sales: What color?
me:white.
s: NO!
me: .... grey.
me: silver
me: ok please tell me which color you have!
s: only cosmic blue, only1 car
me: ok ok, i choose cosmic blue:doh:

it was the only car available within 1 month in the whole province, otherwise had to wait 3-4 months so i signed immeduately and walked away less than 15 minutes after my arrival at the dealership

kirkhilles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Cosmic Blue
That they have the car I wanted, in exact trim and color, came in that morning.

Fly down to the dealer right after work, only to find out they are playing the "car is sold" tactics to get me down to the dealer.

They never have the car.

Honda world, Westminster CA
That is one of those things that I think should be allowed for people to file a class action lawsuit on. To me, that's fraud.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
my purchase: walked in,
salesman asked what i was looking for: me: civic manual.
Silence.
sales: What color?
me:white.
me: .... grey.
me: silver
me: ok please tell me which color you have!
s: only cosmic blue, only1 car
me: ok ok, i choose cosmic blue:doh:

it was the only car available within 1 month in the whole province, otherwise had to wait 3-4 months.
Sounds like you found one quicker than I did.

tsupersonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '17 Forester XT
Country flag
Well since this thread has been bumped, I'll add my experience. My sales person (an older gentleman) didn't know jack shit about the Civicx. He couldn't explain any of the features, nor did he seem interested. He did add some BS, but I didn't have the heart to correct him. It's a good thing I did all the research and got a fairly good deal on a hatchback (especially since I bought mine early on)
Sponsored