What's the most aggressive ktuner v2 tune I can use on my stock 1.5t CVT?

asdf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Right now I'm on stage 0, but I'd like to move up to stage 1. I believe that's fine, but wanted to make sure. I know that stage 2 will require more extensive mods.

Also, how do the starter maps like 16.5 and 18 PSI compare to stage 1 and stage 2? Are they identical but the starters let you tweak while the stage tunes don't?

Finally, is it ok to use 87 fuel for stage 1/16.5 PSI tunes? I know it's recommended, but is that just because you'll get more performance, or more to make sure the engine doesn't blow up?

Lots of questions sorry, I'm a complete noob to this!
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
You can use 87 but you'll have elevated knock control which reduces timing which in turn lowers power output.

All the base tunes KTuner comes with are fairly conservative. Don't abuse your car, use good gas and maintain it and you'll be fine.

The Staged tunes are older and are locked in terms of user adjustability for the most part. The Starter tunes allow you to not only tweak things like throttle and turbo response but to choose a wide variety of boost pressures. You could have a starter tune with less psi than stock if you wanted to.

And for the record, I'm not sure why you think a KTuner Stage 2 requires extensive mods. It works great with a completely stock setup on high octane gas.

Last edited:
OP
OP

asdf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
You can use 87 but you'll have elevated knock control which reduces timing which in turn lowers power output.

All the base tunes KTuner comes with are fairly conservative. Don't abuse your car, use good gas and maintain it and you'll be fine.

The Staged tunes are older and are lockedpp in terms of user adjustability for the most part. The Starter tunes allow you to not only tweak things like throttle and turbo response but to choose a wide variety of boost pressures. You could have a starter tune with less psi than stock if you wanted to.

And for the record, I'm not sure why you think a KTuner Stage 2 requires extensive mods. It works great with a completely stock setup on high octane gas.
Ah, I had thought that for Stage 2 you would need a "stage 2" car which I think is generally a setup with full bolt ons. Would you happen to know how much boost the stock turbo can take and how much it normally outputs without tune?

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Ah, I had thought that for Stage 2 you would need a "stage 2" car which I think is generally a setup with full bolt ons. Would you happen to know how much boost the stock turbo can take and how much it normally outputs without tune?
I believe standard is 15 psi from factory. Stage 2 is 21 psi. You can run Stg2 on an otherwise bone stock car as @gtman said.

SlowasFK7

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport, 2014 Audi A4
Country flag
Currently running Dual tune 18/21 PSI on 91 octane
Quick adjustment settings:
Improved throttle response II
Improved turbo spool II
Eco is normalized
Improved turbo responsiveness II
Tried TSP stage 1 and it was too much for me but it definitely is faster and more aggressive than the base Stage 2

ivanCivix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 10th gen 1.5 sport
Country flag
What do you mean with "too much"?
Sponsored