dnorng

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R #38091
Country flag
I was just wondering what you guys have in your "detailers bag". What would you guys consider your "must-haves" when it comes to cleaning/upkeep of your car's exterior and interior.
Sponsored

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I keep it fairly simple

2 microfibers, one to dry the car one to windex my windows
Wheel brush
Tire shine
Windex

Every now and then I'll detail when I see a long streak of sun... like yesterday.... but this morning it rained......... haha... thanks #weather :spaz::spaz::spaz::spaz::spaz:

wintercast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 2009, Si Coupe 2019
Country flag
I will say, if anyone gets the Chemical Guys Citrus wash, be really careful with it. it is really strong, and even diluted per the directions, it etched the glass windshield on one car for sure, and a little on my new SI, although i am able to deal with it.

If using it, dont let it sit on the car long, do a panel at time and rinse right away.

I also used it on my camper and it did a great job with my pressure washer.

Archie

First Name
Cj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic coupé lx 2017
Country flag
My kit is getting huge but. Get a good soap from CG. Good spray wax like turtle wax seal and shine new formula. And VRP for the rubber vinyl and plastic. That’s the basic basic.

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
My car has proje ceramic coating, when I have no access to water ( I live in apartment, so I use coin operated pressure washer)and car is just dusty I use:
1. waterless ammo ny frothe wash
2. Proje Quick coat
3. Chemical Guys VRP tire shine
4. Rain-X 2 in 1 glass cleaner

When car is really dirty:
1. I get to coin operated wash
2. Use my bucket with Proje Ceramic soap
3. Proje Quick coat
4. Chemical Guys VRP tire shine
5. Rain-X 2 in 1 glass cleaner

darrvao777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR, '18 G550
Country flag
i prefer rinseless washing

mckees n914 is my go to, what a fantastic and versatile product

louielouie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I have a CR Spotless hooked up to a pressure washer and a Milwaukee cordless leaf blower. I end up using the following on a regular basis.

CG Honeydew for foam (this stuff is crap, and I can't wait to finish it so I can grab Bilt Hamber auto foam)
ONR for car soap
P & S Bead Maker for QD/sealant
Collinite 845 for wax
P & S Brake Buster for wheels and tires
P & S Xpress Interior for seats
Supreme Interior Detailer for interior trim
Stoner's Invisible Glass for windows
CarPro Perl for tire dressing

OP
OP
dnorng

dnorng

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R #38091
Country flag
I have a CR Spotless hooked up to a pressure washer and a Milwaukee cordless leaf blower. I end up using the following on a regular basis.

CG Honeydew for foam (this stuff is crap, and I can't wait to finish it so I can grab Bilt Hamber auto foam)
ONR for car soap
P & S Bead Maker for QD/sealant
Collinite 845 for wax
P & S Brake Buster for wheels and tires
P & S Xpress Interior for seats
Supreme Interior Detailer for interior trim
Stoner's Invisible Glass for windows
CarPro Perl for tire dressing
i use CG Honeydew too and i thought I was the only one who thought it was crap. Never used Bilt tho. Highly recommend that?

louielouie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I was just wondering what you guys have in your "detailers bag". What would you guys consider your "must-haves" when it comes to cleaning/upkeep of your car's exterior and interior.
I haven't used it myself, but have been looking for a new snow foam for awhile after purchasing 2 gallons of Honeydew during a sale. Bilt Hamber products originally were only available in the UK and UK distributors so the cheapest I could find was $50/gallon off eBay but The Clean Garage is now stocking their stuff.

Here's a video on snow foam testing from Forensic Detailing. He has a follow up with BH vs Wax Planet 8 Below but after some research, I determined Wax Planet was ultimately too strong for my needs as well as too difficult to obtain (also UK product).

OP
OP
dnorng

dnorng

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R #38091
Country flag
I haven't used it myself, but have been looking for a new snow foam for awhile after purchasing 2 gallons of Honeydew during a sale. Bilt Hamber products originally were only available in the UK and UK distributors so the cheapest I could find was $50/gallon off eBay but The Clean Garage is now stocking their stuff.

Here's a video on snow foam testing from Forensic Detailing. He has a follow up with BH vs Wax Planet 8 Below but after some research, I determined Wax Planet was ultimately too strong for my needs as well as too difficult to obtain (also UK product).
Geesh - the Bilt Hamber killed the cleaning test portion. I might be sold on this.
Sponsored