What's everyone's miles looking like?

Bob.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Some of these high mileage cars make me happy for the future!
I'm right around 25k on my '19 SI now. The only issue I've had is the module that controls the suspension dampening got ruined when they tinted my windows at 25 miles..the dealer covered it under warranty though.
OK, I'm curious. Can you elaborate? How did they ruin it?
Sponsored

Snidely

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 civic si
Country flag
OK, I'm curious. Can you elaborate? How did they ruin it?
Apparently there is a module in one of the doors (I forget which one, it was a year ago). They soaked the windows applying the tint and shorted it. I got dash errors for ADS not working and sport mode broke. It was an $800 repair on the invoice

Civic17siYAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Hey man I am just now seeing this. Well better late than never... Curious if you are tuned?
Yup! Been tuned for over 100k miles now.
Mods are PRL SRI, PRL intercooler, ktuner, new tires and a couple other cosmetic touches. Everything else is stock, including clutch. :)

Bob.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Apparently there is a module in one of the doors (I forget which one, it was a year ago). They soaked the windows applying the tint and shorted it. I got dash errors for ADS not working and sport mode broke. It was an $800 repair on the invoice
Seems like the tinters should share some liability.

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
I just hit 25k on mine and the steal I bought it for has me lowkey worried.

As soon as I find a dealer close that I don't hate I'll probably take it in and ask them WHY it was cheap.
Lol new or used? And for what price?

lhughes21

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI, 2010 F150 XLT 5.4L
Country flag
Bought 2019 SI in August of 2020 with 23k on it, it has 26k on it now. Only mods are Acuity shift kit. Absolutely had to switch out the factory Goodyears, they were terrible. I went with Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 and they've been a huge improvement. Only issue I've had is the AC noise, I've made the dealership well aware for when it goes out. Trying to keep the miles low and almost never drive it in the snow or rain - that's what the truck is for! Plus I just love having a V8

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
37,000 on my 17 Si I bought it as salvage 3 years ago. The only problem I have is it leaks 1 or 2 drops of oil every day I think it's rear main seal. This is the 2nd engine because of the wreck that caused it to be salvaged and sold at auction. I've driven it on three separate 2,000 mile road trips with zero problems.

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
37,000 on my 17 Si I bought it as salvage 3 years ago. The only problem I have is it leaks 1 or 2 drops of oil every day I think it's rear main seal. This is the 2nd engine because of the wreck that caused it to be salvaged and sold at auction. I've driven it on three separate 2,000 mile road trips with zero problems.
Brave man to buy a salvaged car imo. More power to you, though. ?

James3spearchucker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
As long as you know the situation, it is better than someone having their car repaired but not repaired well. Most damage just tweaks the outer perimeter and not the central frame. They are designed to absorb impact. As for the leak, I would do two quick oil changes and stay on top of your intervals, also using something like 5w30 with like 55-65 viscosity at 0/11-12 viscosity at 100 degrees Celsius, because the gains from using 0w20 in efficiency are offset by how thin it is and the standard fuel dilution that occurs to some extent. Let us know if that does not help.

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
As long as you know the situation, it is better than someone having their car repaired but not repaired well. Most damage just tweaks the outer perimeter and not the central frame. They are designed to absorb impact. As for the leak, I would do two quick oil changes and stay on top of your intervals, also using something like 5w30 with like 55-65 viscosity at 0/11-12 viscosity at 100 degrees Celsius, because the gains from using 0w20 in efficiency are offset by how thin it is and the standard fuel dilution that occurs to some extent. Let us know if that does not help.
Thanks, going to a different weight oil is not a bad idea. I've talked to a couple of good mechanics, I even drove to Houston to get Scotty Kilmer's advice. Scotty got under my Si and said as long as it's a drop or two don't worry about it, just change oil often. Funny, I just got my oil changed last week, the guys there mentioned the oil leak, they said they tightened everything up as best as they could and it is leaking A LOT less now but yes there's still some leak. I could use At-205 or Lucas Oil but I think you're right going to 5w30 is the way to go for now. I'll probably sell the car in 6 months the less leak the better.

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
I’m close to 1.5 years of ownership and just passed 9k miles.
Sponsored