What's everyone's miles looking like?

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
I honestly don't know. I know there's threads in here about it and I'm sure they've got it figured out. It's something I'll just live with unless I find out it's truly damaging to the car.
Yeah, I've read a little about this problem, seems to happen to almost everyone who lives in very cold climes. The rubber in the bushings gets cold and shrinks, causing enough play to make loud clunking noise. Good news it's not going to cause any damage but loud clunking sounds are unsettling to say the least. Honda isn't going to admit to the problem. Right now there's no confirmation to the fix action but there's one guy "twistedneck" who's going to try and confirm the problem when it gets cold again..if he can 100% prove it's the bushings he's probably going to try and find suitable replacements and install them.
Replacing those bushings will def affect the performance in warm weather though.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Pepper's Dad

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si 2000 Honda Civic Ex 2007 Lincoln Towncar
Country flag
Have anyone changed their clutch out? I hit 30K miles and finally burnt it out. In the shop getting it replaced
Have you ran this car hard? That is not many miles for a clutch. I had a 91 CRX that had 80K on it when I traded it in and the clutch was still ok.

MONK13

First Name
MIKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CIVIC Si
Country flag
642 Miles after 6 months. Not my daily yet as I'm still modding and driving the old faithful 97' Tacoma. My work requires me to use my vehicle and as with some of you I baby the Si more than I should so I dont want to use her when I work and I work damn near 80hrs a week. LOL I make up excuses one day a week to drive her at least once and ONLY if its not raining. Hows that for being over protective? Still have four mods I haven't installed and my new Insight pleather arm rest & console arrive today! Currently living & driving vicariously through all the comments and pics on the forum, thank you all! Its inspiring and demoralizing at the same time... one day, soon......:thumbsup:

Antx

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport.
Country flag
2018 U.K. sport, just over 13000 , AC packed in as had no gas charge, but got it fixed under warranty they replaced a pipe and I also no longer have the annoying whistling sound with the AC on.

Love driving the car

Monocacy

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2017 Si with 38K miles. Two problems fixed under warranty: a quirky cabin temperature control issue; and a leaking A/C compressor. Also got rear-ended at fairly low speed, with minor damage fully covered by the other driver's insurance.

Younger son detailed the car for Father's Day so it looks better than new.

Delighted with the car, it is so much fun to drive.

Reactions: AVR

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
642 Miles after 6 months. Not my daily yet
Talk about oil dilution in the making. Uh, you may want to drive it a bit more.

MONK13

First Name
MIKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CIVIC Si
Country flag
Talk about oil dilution in the making. Uh, you may want to drive it a bit more.
Its a 2019, the oil dilution problem was resolved according to a few posts i read though im keeping an eye on it.

arnbrian

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI coupe
Country flag
2018 SI Coupe at a little over 25k. Clutch is starting to slip more and more. Don't really drive the car hard, but the car is still definitely drive able for daily use, No issues other than that.

Yal

New to the brand
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
10 months old and 10k miles. Would be more, but I have a motorcycle as well, and for a while was only in the office 3 days a week. Fun enough car, motorcycle is more fun!

Chief lazy leaf

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic SI, 2001 mr2 spyder, 1982 Toyota coroll
Country flag
Have had the car since mid October. So 15k in 8 months. Also 4 track days. On my 3rd set of tires and 3rd oil change. Zero problems.

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
4338 mi...

Daily driver TSP stage 1

1 oil change

Now averaging 33.0 MPG on 93 octane and counting.

Blitted_Master

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe (SOLD)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just hit 13,800 today. Purchased in November of 2017. Doing approx. 725 miles a month or 8700 annually.

Pepper's Dad

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si 2000 Honda Civic Ex 2007 Lincoln Towncar
Country flag
14,600 after two years.
Sponsored