What would your next vehicle be if you were to move on?

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
So, unfortunately I'm thinking about breaking up with my Civic permanently.

Honestly it's been a love-hate relationship from the start. But lately I just feel so uninspired driving it. It's been a let down. Additionally tomorrow will be my third visit to the dealership to resolve a maddening clunk noise in the suspension that is driving me insane on every trip.

I've kind of made up my mind if they can't fix it I'm moving on.

Main problem is there's not too many vehicles out I am inspired about at this point.

What would your next vehicle be outside of a Civic?

Note- do not turn this into a debate about keeping or selling your/my Civic I'm just looking for suggestions
Sponsored

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
It all depends on what you are looking for, your needs, your budget etc. If you are looking for an inexpensive fun and sporty car similar to the Si you want to replace, reliable and MT is a must, Toyota 86/BRZ. If you are looking for a practical car that is reliable, comfortable, isolates you from outside sounds and road noise, Toyota Camry/Honda Accord. If you state what you are looking for, it would be easier to point you in the right direction. At lease you should let us know your budget at minimum

SiGeddy

First Name
Geddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
My buddy just got a brand new 2019 Gti and it's pretty nice. Sounds super solid compared to the Si, but then again he just had to have the whole steering rack replaced after 2500 miles and was out of his car for a week. Sorry your cars been giving you problems.. I can imagine how heartbreaking it is.

250gtswb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe; 1969 Honda S800M Roadster
Country flag
I really love my Si, but I would welcome a slightly-used Porsche Cayman in my garage. They live up to their reputation as brilliant driver's cars. If you need more than two seats, a slightly-more-used 911 has room for kids (or tiny adults) in the back. A second-hand Lotus Elise would also be interesting.

Chief lazy leaf

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic SI, 2001 mr2 spyder, 1982 Toyota coroll
Country flag
I'm in the opposite end. Been handing out ass whooping at the track to faster cars in my stock SI. Before I bought it i was looking at wolfsberg GTI or a Audi S3/S4/S5. The price point of the si was hard to beat. That clunck is probably just the spring hitting itself . There's cheap aftermarket stuff that will solve that. The civic is easily 10k less than a gti with the same options. I was gonna buy some kw/ohlins coilovers for the gti but that's 3k on top of the 40k. Fast enough I made advertisements status. Was faster than a Cayman and elise.

Honda Civic 10th gen What would your next vehicle be if you were to move on? 58667567_433653210530281_6459811279119843328_o

MGZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe, Previously 2016 EX-L (50k miles)
Country flag
For much cheaper/mod options, I'd look at a used frs/brz or a used 370. I guess they have carb legal super charger kits that can crank out around 450hp or something. Would be nice to not have to worry about emissions after adding a kit.

If I was to keep it stock/daily driver, I'd consider the Veloster n or g70! Both have manual options!

randomisjustfine

First Name
Tadas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I'm waiting for that v6 twin turbo Acura to step out of the shadows. Then gonna hunt for used 40k miles one. Or... 2014 tsx wagon, swap type r engine in it, add 2 electric motors in the back and put it on a super weight loss diet... one can dream

Still would keep Si though... I don’t think Si is leaving me ever... you can mod the S*** out of gen X and make it pretty much anything. I did see si and type r at the Pirelli world challenge @ Watkins Glen last year. No one could touch either in their class. No S3, GTI, bimmer or Hyundai was able to catch em...