cboisits

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I just leased a 2020 Civic Coupe Si. It was agreed that I would put $1500 down for the first payment for bank fee, registration, first payment, etc. The monthly payment came to $337/month. Considering I paid $265/month for my 2018 Si, I feel like I got raped. So a few days after buying the car, I realize that they never charged me the $1500 down payment. I was hoping they would overlook it but I got a call from my sales rep to call her back. Since the manager was a dick, and they took advantage of me and the fact that there will not be a 2021 So, I feel like saying $1500 down??? That wasn't the deal!!??? Ya know? Whaddaya think?
Sponsored

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, I feel like saying $1500 down??? That wasn't the deal!!??? Ya know? Whaddaya think?

also,

It was agreed that I would put $1500 down for the first payment for bank fee, registration, first payment, etc.
How are you going to convince them it wasn't part of the deal when it was actually part of the deal, which I assumed you signed for?

If you feel like you got raped, why didn't u just keep the '18 and walk away? Was the payment so much higher because you were trading in before your original 3 year lease was up?

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I just leased a 2020 Civic Coupe Si. It was agreed that I would put $1500 down for the first payment for bank fee, registration, first payment, etc. The monthly payment came to $337/month. Considering I paid $265/month for my 2018 Si, I feel like I got raped. So a few days after buying the car, I realize that they never charged me the $1500 down payment. I was hoping they would overlook it but I got a call from my sales rep to call her back. Since the manager was a dick, and they took advantage of me and the fact that there will not be a 2021 So, I feel like saying $1500 down??? That wasn't the deal!!??? Ya know? Whaddaya think?
I guess you left the dealership without knowing what your monthly payment would be? Do you know what was the downpayment on your 2018 lease? Could have been more than now, and the price vs. 2 years ago may also be different.

OP
OP
cboisits

cboisits

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
My 2018 was totaled in a flood. And I know what the monthly payment is on my new one. They just NEVER took my down payment and I was hoping they would forget it or let it fall through the cracks. It doesn't hurt to dream. Would be a perfect scenario because the manager was a dick. Let's forget I posted this. Thank you for your replies.

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Make a post, ask for replys and opinions on a decision that's clearly lying to a legitimate business, a business that regardless weather or not the manager was a dick, you decided to do business with. If he was such a dick, you could have taken your business elsewhere. Receive 3 responses, then ask to forget the whole thing happened.. right.

I can tell your very upset, take some time to calm down before making a large decision on how to handle that phone call.

Contracts are legally binding. Good luck if u wanna argue your contract you clearly signed or else you wouldn't have the car.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My 2018 was totaled in a flood. And I know what the monthly payment is on my new one. They just NEVER took my down payment and I was hoping they would forget it or let it fall through the cracks. It doesn't hurt to dream. Would be a perfect scenario because the manager was a dick. Let's forget I posted this. Thank you for your replies.
How did insurance handle your loss since it was a lease? I've never really thought about that before since I've never leased. Did you get money or do they pay the dealer?

OP
OP
cboisits

cboisits

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
How did insurance handle your loss since it was a lease? I've never really thought about that before since I've never leased. Did you get money or do they pay the dealer?
My insurance company paid American Honda Finance Company after declaring it a total loss. I did not get the money.

Alpha: No more. Please. My father died on May 6th from COVID-19 and he ALWAYS came with me, my sisters, and my mother for every new car buying experience which is somewhat stressful. He was a Service Manager at Mazda and he knew how to handle the sales reps and the whole process. But he wasn't there this time and I broke down crying right in front of him. And he was just so cold. I would have left and I almost did but they are the only dealership that had a white Si coupe. A few days later, I noticed that they didn't take the down payment. That made me hope that they wouldn't notice. One can dream.
Sponsored