What would be a worthy upgrade after the Si?

OP
OP
abracadaniel_

abracadaniel_

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si coupe pwp
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Might get some flack for this, but how about a kia stinger? Twin snails v6... Awd and rwd options. Seems like alot of fun
I actually like them and I drive them every so often since I work for Kia and they feel pretty nice but then I remember it’s a Kia and then I fall out of love

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
I actually like them and I drive them every so often since I work for Kia and they feel pretty nice but then I remember it’s a Kia and then I fall out of love
Exact reason i couldnt bring myself to buy the veloster! I change my vote to mustang! Lol

OP
OP
abracadaniel_

abracadaniel_

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si coupe pwp
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Exact reason i couldnt bring myself to buy the veloster! I change my vote to mustang! Lol
Lol yeah I think a mustang would be sick, I’ve been drooling over the wrx sti for a while but after driving it after driving my si with the things I did to it, it almost doesn’t feel as impressive

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
Lol yeah I think a mustang would be sick, I’ve been drooling over the wrx sti for a while but after driving it after driving my si with the things I did to it, it almost doesn’t feel as impressive
I think you'll be hard pressed to find another 4 cylinder that will impress you. Mustang gt with a procharger slapped on will make a reliable 700hp. And the new ones have IRS so in theory they should turn pretty well out the box!

chazzer96

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Accord, 2021 CTR CW
Country flag
If it doesn’t have to be a manual transmission..how about a Lexus Is350 RWD. Or even an RCF in that price range.

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve thought about a type R but interior feels the same besides the seats and I upgraded my shifter already so it already feels better than an R
And even did the type r steering wheel, so getting into an R almost wouldn’t feel as special.
Are you aware of the engine difference between the Si and Type R? I guarantee the extra 100HP and redline are special.

It sounds like your priority is the interior, so you can get a much cheaper "upgrade" by getting some aftermarket trim pieces rather than a whole new car.

OP
OP
abracadaniel_

abracadaniel_

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si coupe pwp
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you aware of the engine difference between the Si and Type R? I guarantee the extra 100HP and redline are special.

It sounds like your priority is the interior, so you can get a much cheaper "upgrade" by getting some aftermarket trim pieces rather than a whole new car.
i didnt get my car dyno'd for sure but with what i had done to it, im sure it had about 100hp more to the crank too, which is why i bring this up.

MGZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe, Previously 2016 EX-L (50k miles)
Country flag
I think $40k is right around the sweet spot for a lot of used options if you can afford it. Plenty of AMG options in that price range, or used M2’s. Audi S4s are in that range too, and so is the S6 if you’re looking for something bigger. I’ve found a handful of these on CarMax too so you can warranty them if you’re worried about reliability.

If you want something more driving focused, you could also look at an older cayman S, camaro zl1, or Shelby GT. They all can be found with a stick too which is a plus. Though if you’re looking to upgrade you interior, not sure the second two will fit the bill.

MGZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ah, I missed that response further down. Would still highly recommend looking used though, you can get a lot more car for the money. If you can be flexible about your definition of “new” lol a 2017 is still pretty new to me.

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Based strictly on performance, here's a few upgrades to consider:

- Wait another year for the next gen Si
- Type R - Looks aren't the best though
- Golf R - Is this even made anymore?
- GTI - Has about the same reliability as a GM car
- WRX - reliability almost as bad as GTl
- WRX STI - Even worse reliability than the regular WRX
- NSX - $$$$$$$$
- Any muscle car - Actually... don't buy 1 of these
- Save up and buy in cash an older K series Si: 8th or 9th gen, and be free of paying monthly payments on a depreciating asset, while enjoying the potential of the K series engines

MGZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’ll add two more options that may or may not appeal to your taste/prefs:
  • Q50s red sport has 400hp and can be as cheap as $25k (though I’ve heard mixed things)
  • Tesla model 3 base is around $40k and still quick (0-60 in 4.5s, 13s 1/4 mile) but may not work for everyone’s routine/living arrangement

OP
OP
abracadaniel_

abracadaniel_

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si coupe pwp
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
:agree:
This is an insane value and comes with factory warranty. If you have no prejudice towards muscle cars or Ford in general, then this is the route I would go in for that budget
That’s a sweet deal and I’d do that but it’s out of state I would think it wouldn’t be legal in California /:
Sponsored