What was your logic when you decided to get an Si?

What was your logic when you decided to get an Si?

• I can only afford one car, so I wanted something fun to drive yet still practical

Votes: 91 51.1%
  • I needed an economical daily driver so I don't have to rack up miles on my garage queen

Votes: 15 8.4%
  • I bought my Si to BE my garage queen and have another car I use as my daily

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wanted a daily driver that can double as a weekend warrior for the track

Votes: 43 24.2%
  • I wanted a dedicated track/race car and this was the most logical platform my budget allowed

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Other

Votes: 20 11.2%
  • This is a stupid poll and should be deleted

Votes: 7 3.9%

• Total voters

si_well

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I recently caught myself looking into potentially tracking my car in the near future, which is was never my intention when I bought the car nor was it something I thought I might ever consider doing with it, especially in just a few months of ownership.

This then had me reflecting on what my intentions were when I bought it and I began evaluating my logic for deciding to purchase it. Thinking about it made curious about everyone else's logic when deciding that the Si was the best vehicle for them, so I made a poll.

Feel free to share anything else that led to your decision. If your answer isn't an option, just select other and feel free to share what your logic was.
Sponsored

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Itā€™s fun to drive a slow car fast... the truck is a workhorse, the van is a people mover and the Z is just plain fast. It also fits my family.

It handles very well on a FWD platform at its price point... and soundly beat the 9th gen it replaced virtually in ever metric other than interior fit and finish... and that wasnā€™t discovered until enough time had passed for the rattles to appear. Being a factory turbo car, even though the tiny turbo and tiny engine have a modest amount of headroom, it still would match up well to a intake+dp+tune 9th gen Si and I didnā€™t want to sink money into a supercharger on an otherwise just-ok car I was bored with. It was sort of an impulse buy to get out of my ā€˜15 but I got a good trade and the price was right.

...oh wow those are a lot of reasons. ā€œOtherā€. Option 1 is closest other than having 3 other cars.

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
An R was double the payment was the main reason. LOL. I could have but would have been treading close to "car broke".

It is the most feature rich car offered with a manual and coupe body style for the price point its in.

And its a Honda.

Fun.
Quick.
Safe.
Light.
Efficient.
Boosted.
Comfortable.

Not to mention its probably close to the best handling factory fwd ever produced by a manufacturer (save for the R of course).
Has features high end cars dont even offer (ie: lanewatch camera)

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
I wanted a new car.
I wanted good reliability with ease of maintenance and repair.
Something they made enough of to work the bugs out of, and have there be plenty of aftermarket parts for. Not necessarily performance parts, but common repair parts so the dealer isn't your only choice. For me that narrowed it down to Toyota and Honda. The Si was the clear choice from there. A lot of guys probably considered RWD cars too. I prefer FWD so that certainly simplified my choice.

DRuby

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si, 2013 CR-V
Country flag
Replacing an 84 VW Scirrocco as the fun second car but one that is safe on the interstates.

Same recaro style seats, manual.

Looked at Toyota. Nothing

Almost made a deal on a Civic sport hatch. Dealer funny business crashed that.

Looked at the Si specs and price. Under $2k more got better power, LSD, brakes & a few more cabin features but almost no nanny features as on the higher levels.

Merk110

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I needed a new car to replace my oil burning Lexus IS350. Wanted something not so boring that would save me gas and wouldn't break the bank.

Friction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just wanted a fun and economical daily as I don't want to daily the Evo. Couldn't turn down 6spd, LSD, Turbo (tuneability), 4 door (family of 4) light weight (under 3k lbs) and 35-40 mpg's at this price point. Only thing I would have preferred would be a civic hatch Si or an Si trim in a Fit.

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
The itch for more power wasn't going to happen with the 2.0. The hatch I just got tired of the big fake take Vents in the back, and didn't drive smooth enough a tune would be req. then the wife said she wanted to get herself a Lincoln. Which meant the hatch would just be a city car. When I got the hatch there wasn't any SI available. Wasn't out yet. The lease would be up in a few months and with the sales tax looming, I got the si coupe for the price of the tax. Of course I'm just prolonging the inevitable. But the si is worth it

Plus it was available in Black easily.

Last edited:

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
I'm not sure which category I fall into. When I bought it, it was a 4th car but I recently gave 1 away - down to 3 now. The Si is not a daily driver but not a garage queen either. It's kind of an in-between. I use it when I want to have fun but also want to save on gas. I love the way it looks and the way it drives. My main justification for buying it was I have always wanted to own an Si and fell in love with the 2020's when they were announced. I usually drive my Fiesta ST on the crappy weather days and my Z06 on the nice weather days. I've had the Si for about 4 months now and have racked up close to 2800 miles. No regrets, love this car.

Chaucer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Iā€™m probably an atypical case, but I sold my S2000 to wipe out the rest of my student loans and put a down payment on my new Si. The s2k was a fun car for the 5ish years I owned it, but Iā€™ve always been too tall for it, and that gets old eventually. Iā€™ve been pleasantly surprised by the Si too, it has a lot more get up and go than my old 8th gen used to. I didnā€™t anticipate wanting to take my new Si to the track either, but it really does handle quite well for a fwd car.

ZironCivX

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan, 2013 Toyota Tacoma 4x4, 4 Door, Long Bed Sport
Country flag
Mid life crisis, since I'm almost 60. First , sole called sports car I've had in almost ? years. Like the fun factor, the sound, the economy, and the over all reliability.

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
Iā€™m probably an atypical case, but I sold my S2000 to wipe out the rest of my student loans and put a down payment on my new Si. The s2k was a fun car for the 5ish years I owned it, but Iā€™ve always been too tall for it, and that gets old eventually. Iā€™ve been pleasantly surprised by the Si too, it has a lot more get up and go than my old 8th gen used to. I didnā€™t anticipate wanting to take my new Si to the track either, but it really does handle quite well for a fwd car.
Fun fact:
Your Si coupe is only 49 lbs heavier than your old s2k [2840 lb]

Chaucer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Fun fact:
Your Si coupe is only 49 lbs heavier than your old s2k [2840 lb]
Wow, I was just wondering what the weight difference was. That explains why the Si feels more nimble than I was expecting.
Sponsored