What video games are you currently playing or recommend?

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Been playing a shit ton more video games since early this year because of everything going on, I feel as if I've exhausted my games and got bored of a lot lol

Used to play heavy oldschool Runescape for a long time but got tired of the grind and repetitiveness and lost interest, moved on to counter strike then slowly transitioned to console driving games like Forza 7/Horizon 4. Played Red Dead Redemption 2 pretty heavy but got bored of that now I'm trying out Car Mechanic Simulator 2018 and also Far Cry 5.

Any other recommendations or fun games on xbox/pc? Currently awaiting the release of Cyber Punk 2077 I'm hype af for it
Sponsored

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nintendo Switch Zelda Breath of the wild is a piece of art. Amazingly huge open world.
Wish I could play :( My girlfriend and I tried to buy a switch when covid started but it was too hard, ended up settling for an xbox instead

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
I wasted away my teenage years and beginning of my 20s slaving away at RuneScape. My account was maxed out with close to 500 days played.

Then they destroyed the game with the combat overhaul and microtransactions. Now any game with microtransactions is soiled for me.

There is no skill or reward for spending time playing a video game these days. AAA titles are a cash grab for a year and then go in the garbage can when the next thing is released. Shit most games aren’t even finished when they release them now.

It’s sad because there are true artists creating immaculate worlds in these games, and it’s ruined because there is no backbone.

I can’t invest my time into a video game any more unless my time feels rewarding. I find a game I like and stick to it. I can’t play 6 different games at once casually. Runescape did that to me. However, I’m really good at any task that is grindy.

Beansley

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I basically exclusively play Overwatch on PC anymore. There haven't been any big releases that I have the desire to pick up and learn for the last few years other than Doom and Doom Eternal which both are fantastic, I so prefer the 2016 far more though. I just play OW due to being able to pick up and play for brief periods.

If you have someone to play coop with, Borderlands 3 is really fun despite having a pretty lame story but the gun play and looting is great.

That being said, Cyberpunk will be a day 1 pick up for me and I imagine I will be sinking in a time into it. Hoping the hype matches the expectations, etc.

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wasted away my teenage years and beginning of my 20s slaving away at RuneScape. My account was maxed out with close to 500 days played.

Then they destroyed the game with the combat overhaul and microtransactions. Now any game with microtransactions is soiled for me.

There is no skill or reward for spending time playing a video game these days. AAA titles are a cash grab for a year and then go in the garbage can when the next thing is released. Shit most games aren’t even finished when they release them now.

It’s sad because there are true artists creating immaculate worlds in these games, and it’s ruined because there is no backbone.

I can’t invest my time into a video game any more unless my time feels rewarding. I find a game I like and stick to it. I can’t play 6 different games at once casually. Runescape did that to me. However, I’m really good at any task that is grindy.
Likewise, wasted away my teenage years and part of my college years just grinding. The new overhaul was absolute garbage but I'm glad they brought the oldschool version of RS back. When they came out with mobile I started to play a bit again but slowly lost interest and it didn't excite me now like how it did when I was a kid.

And likewise me and you are the same, I generally will play 1-2 games to the absolute death, I like investing my time completely in something and progressing that way. Maybe check out Cyberpunk when it releases

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I basically exclusively play Overwatch on PC anymore. There haven't been any big releases that I have the desire to pick up and learn for the last few years other than Doom and Doom Eternal which both are fantastic, I so prefer the 2016 far more though. I just play OW due to being able to pick up and play for brief periods.

If you have someone to play coop with, Borderlands 3 is really fun despite having a pretty lame story but the gun play and looting is great.

That being said, Cyberpunk will be a day 1 pick up for me and I imagine I will be sinking in a time into it. Hoping the hype matches the expectations, etc.
I actually got BL3 but for some reason I can't get into it... which is odd because I played BL2 REALLLLY heavily. Sunk so many hours into that game and ended up with so many legit maxed builds with legendary weapons and never got bored of it, with BL3 I play a few hours and I kind of lose motivation.

But yeah I'm superrrr stoked. I feel like it will live up to the hype since it's been developed for so long, even had that release delay because they wanted to perfect it more. Seems like GTA in the future on steroids

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Likewise, wasted away my teenage years and part of my college years just grinding. The new overhaul was absolute garbage but I'm glad they brought the oldschool version of RS back. When they came out with mobile I started to play a bit again but slowly lost interest and it didn't excite me now like how it did when I was a kid.

And likewise me and you are the same, I generally will play 1-2 games to the absolute death, I like investing my time completely in something and progressing that way. Maybe check out Cyberpunk when it releases
It’s from playing Runescape, the grind felt rewarding. It’s all in 1 game or nothing.

And I played OldSchool for awhile too. Was super fun the day it was released. It was such a raw experience. But you put all that time into your RS3 account, i just couldn’t do it all over again. I wasn’t going to consume my entire life again.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Switch has a lot of rereleased/remastered Steam indie titles and PS2 titles. Katamari and Torchlight 2 have been in heavy rotation.

I just started playing pc again and have gone back to filthy casual status on Hearthstone and Overwatch. A lot of friends of mine are into Among Us. Cheap fun

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It’s from playing Runescape, the grind felt rewarding. It’s all in 1 game or nothing.

And I played OldSchool for awhile too. Was super fun the day it was released. It was such a raw experience. But you put all that time into your RS3 account, i just couldn’t do it all over again. I wasn’t going to consume my entire life again.
Yup agreed. That's kind of why I lost motivation, I got to an almost maxed 75 attack account but didn't see any reason to keep going and sinking more hours when I'm an adult now. It was fun when I was a kid, pking with friends, running around doing quests, but now the community only consists of "no xp waste" people so it's just a big grind fest + bots.

It was fun though, runescape taught me a lot and gave me some good memories and friendships. I remember being 13 and setting my alarm at 4am so I could train before school, my dad would beat my ass with a slipper because the computer was so loud everytime it turned on lolol

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Switch has a lot of rereleased/remastered Steam indie titles and PS2 titles. Katamari and Torchlight 2 have been in heavy rotation.

I just started playing pc again and have gone back to filthy casual status on Hearthstone and Overwatch. A lot of friends of mine are into Among Us. Cheap fun
Was really considering the switch but I'm pretty set on building a PC instead since I already have an xbox. I played the first torchlight way back then and it was a ton of fun, it led me to get into Diablo 3 for a bit.

I used to also play Paladins pretty heavy (similar to overwatch) and had a lot of fun, really exciting gameplay so I was considering giving overwatch a try.

Also among us is tons of fun, my girlfriend and I + other friends play almost daily on discord. Admittedly I might've spent a bit of money on outfits and pets but no ragrats :spaz:

rsayers

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mazdaspeed Miata, 2017 FK7 CVT
Country flag
Rocket League. 2500 hours into it at this point, pretty much all I play. Amazing game.

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Rocket League. 2500 hours into it at this point, pretty much all I play. Amazing game.
Think I have almost 1k hours on steam, rocket league is genuinely a great game too. I tried to play it a few weeks ago on my xbox but it was really hard with the controller. I used to hover around diamond rank with keyboard and mouse, most people found it odd but I found it the most comfortable for me and was decent with aerials.

Tried to give it a try a few weeks ago on my xbox and got discouraged with the controller, might give it another shot though during this long winter. Sucks that all my cars and wheels won't transfer over from steam though :/