What type of oil does everyone use?

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
A splash of gain to keep the insides clean, good thinking! :thumbsup:
That signature fresh Gain scent really helps too. No but seriously, they really do make a great container for the old oil. Exactly 3.7 quarts :)
Sponsored

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
That signature fresh Gain scent really helps too. No but seriously, they really do make a great container for the old oil. Exactly 3.7 quarts :)
That jiffy lube tech will be mighty surprised :p

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
NAPA full synthetic. One can usually snag it on sale for ~2 bucks a quart! Filter: Walmart supertech. What can I say...I'm cheap.

MediumUnwell

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan, 2013 Civic EX-L, 2012 Odyssey EX-L (the wife's)
Country flag
So maybe I'm cheap but Costco has a Kirkland brand full synthetic oil made by a national company (Waren or Warner I think). You can get 10 quarts for just over 20 bucks when it's on sale. I use the weight the manual recommends - 0W-20. I'm still scared about changing the filter every other oil change so I went with a good one - the Mobil1 Filter.
I've only done 1 change since owning the car and I'm still undecided whether I'm going to change the filter every oil change just to be safe. We'll see. I changed when MM said 10% which I think was almost 8k miles. :oops:It was pretty black. I may start changing at 20% moving forward.
+1 on the 20 pack of crush washers for like 6 bucks on amazon.
The beauty of it is my '18 civic si, my '13 civic ex-l and my '12 ody all take the same oil, filter, crush washer. Makes it easy to buy everything in bulk.
FYI - I know this thread was started about oil but I do put 91 octane (again from Costco) as that's whats recommended in the manual. I put 85 (yes in Utah it's 85 because of the altitude) in once and I could tell a difference. Not as much pep.

James3spearchucker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Just a random question. Not sure if this thread exists or not. If it does I'm sorry for the repetition!!
What type of oil? Company? Do you use the recommended weight? How often do you change your oil? Do you use OEM filters or another type? How much oil do you use?
Not having any issues, I'm just honestly curious on every ones take on oil.
I use Liqui Moly Longtime 5w30 but there is also a 5w20 F ECO from Liqui Moly with both light viscocity for cold season and phenomenal testing by Piotr. Go to Youtube and search: Piotr + (oil in question) and then fast forward to the end of his test and you will see how protective the oil is based on his standardized accelerated wear tests. Motul and Liqui Moly are my go to oils.

Pay no attention to the advertised viscosity number on the container. I would look at technical data and the Centi Poise (cP) viscocity at 40 and 100 degrees plus High Temperature High Shear number as well if you will run the engine hard then HTHS above 3.3 or 3.5 will be good.

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
NAPA full synthetic. One can usually snag it on sale for ~2 bucks a quart! Filter: Walmart supertech. What can I say...I'm cheap.
I'm usually cheap too, but for something I usually only do a few times a year, I'm not too worried about the price (already saving by doing it myself!).

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just a random question. Not sure if this thread exists or not. If it does I'm sorry for the repetition!!
What type of oil? Company? Do you use the recommended weight? How often do you change your oil? Do you use OEM filters or another type? How much oil do you use?
Not having any issues, I'm just honestly curious on every ones take on oil.
You may find this useful. https://www.27won.com/blog/the-great-oil-debate-civicx

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
Amsoil signature series 0w-20 every 10k
Next change im going to 12k and doing analysis again. After big turbo probably going to 5w-30.
Sponsored