What type of oil does everyone use?

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
Your recommended oil depends on your climate so just keep that in mind when taking recommendations. I have 5W30 in mine at the moment. Always fully synth and from whatever good brand I have access to. That'll be Castrol and Q8 mostly. I aim to do it every 8000 km. Any earlier is wasteful imo, unless you're driving it really hard, but more often is better than not often enough I suppose.
Sponsored

Jimmou

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0W-20 with a FRAM XG7317 oil filter. Going to get a lab analysis on my oil when I change it in a couple of days and make a decision from there if I should run 0W-30 next summer. Pennzoil's new Maximum Power 0W-30 oil has definitely caught my eye.

fabrizzio71

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe White Orchid Pearl
Country flag
Amsoil SS 0W/20 with Amsoil or Wix filter. I change at 20-30% on the MM. usually 10-12k kilometers.
Yep, use the same! Though I change mine at 50%. Usually 5500 miles.

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
Castrol gdi turbo synthetic. 0w20 with one quart of synthetic Lucas. It’s Honda rated. The synthetic Lucas is no where near as thick as original. It flows like 10w30. mixing it with 5 quarts of One quart isn’t enough to make it to thick. I don’t run heavier oil cause too heavy gets less start up flow and also can’t disperse heat as well. The Lucas makes it sticky essentially helping it stay after shut down in the crucial bearings. I also get maybe an ounce after an oil change out of the catch can which is definitely better than I see with some other people’s catch can drains.
I get zero oil on the intake side as I’ve seen some people get oil on turbo from there. So catch can there is useless.
I’m in Myrtle beach we see 85 degrees or higher all summer long

running anything higher than 5w30 not a great idea unless it’s a built engine. It slows down flow to critical parts like piston squirrels that cool the pistons down get less flow on the bottom of the piston.
5w20 and 0w20 are the same when it’s hot.

TPDxSI

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I use 5w-30 Mobil 1 full synthetic with an OEM filter and usually go between 6000-7000 miles between changes. I live in Dallas where the air is hot and dry, which is why I chose to go this route

CivicSiNJ

First Name
Hampsen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
What oil would you guys recommend for myself who lives on the east coast and gets all 4 season Summer/spring/fall/winter ?

cydwel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Amsoil 0-20 and Wix XP Filter.

The filter is a big deal.

I see where folks on this thread are using Amsoil filters. I wouldn’t follow that practice.

Comparison of construction and attributes shows the Wix XP to be the best filter available.

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I use mobile 1 5w30 full synthetic with a Honda oil filter. I am on ethanol, 28psi and making almost double the power at 362whp.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Amsoil 0-20 and Wix XP Filter.

The filter is a big deal.

I see where folks on this thread are using Amsoil filters. I wouldn’t follow that practice.

Comparison of construction and attributes shows the Wix XP to be the best filter available.
lol ok

Because the Wix XP efficiency of 99% at 35 microns is clearly superior to Amsoil/RP's 98.7% at 20 microns and 99% at 25 microns.

:doh:

Last edited: