What type of hose is this? Potentially leaking..?

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
I was changing my oil when I noticed a foul smell around the radiator area and proceed to go on a quest to find out that it was and where it came from. Which led me here, to this hose right above the oil filter.
Honda Civic 10th gen What type of hose is this? Potentially leaking..? IMG_E5152[1].JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen What type of hose is this? Potentially leaking..? IMG_E5151[1].JPG

It was sorta yellowish, and I noticed some on the inside floor of the bumper area. I am a bit skeptical that it actually is a leak because the hose bends upwards, yet you can see that the fluid isn't just located on the connector, but that it traveled upwards. I did look at the other connector that the hose is connected to, and it's dry, so it didn't drip down. Just wondering if anyone knows what fluid that hose holds (unless it's like a vacuum hose), and if that fluid should smell bad and should be yellow. Because I have a suspicion that the horrid smell and that fluid is rat piss. Why? because I noticed quite a bit of tiny claw marks around the engine bay, and around the radiator fan. But I looked and looked and couldn't find a body. And the fact my dog was sniffing and clawing at the intercooler area of the bumper. Not sure what I'd rather have, a leaking hose or a rat problem that can potentially lead to chewed up wires...

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
That is the high pressure A/C hose and it appears to be leaking refrigerant. It travels upwards probably due to the pressure.

OP
OP
Mugenkb1

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
That is the high pressure A/C hose and it appears to be leaking refrigerant. It travels upwards probably due to the pressure.
Any idea what color the refrigerant should be?

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I don't know. But I don't think a rodent has that kind of aim that it would only be on that hose, right at the metal connector. :)

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
To the OP, my brother-in-law has a 2017 HB Sport CVT and his A/C died a few weeks ago. He brought it to dealer, it was covered under warranty and they replaced his compressor. I suspect the high pressure line you are dealing with is included with the compressor when ordering the parts from Honda..... or the stealership service team was just ordering stuff "proactively" to best serve the customer.... and pad the bill(which the customer won't dispute since warranty is paying for it)
Sponsored