What tune or software gets flashed when going back to stock?

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
Does ktuner flash back the stock OEM copy it backed up from the car or one that came bundled with the installer? How is ktuner making sure the most updated version of the stock tune is being used?
Sponsored

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
Does ktuner flash back the stock OEM copy it backed up from the car or one that came bundled with the installer? How is ktuner making sure the most updated version of the stock tune is being used?
Would the stock tune be upgraded over time when the car visits the dealership? I did think about this early on and I suppose that would be one way the dealer found out if the ECU has been tampered with if this is the case.

REDRAGN53

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Civic now..
Would the stock tune be upgraded over time when the car visits the dealership? I did think about this early on and I suppose that would be one way the dealer found out if the ECU has been tampered with if this is the case.
Just ALWAYS reflash to stock before going to the dealership. That way if they do an update without telling you it will always be saved as your stock tune.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Reflashing to factory puts you on the software you registered with. Reflashing to a newer version without upgrading other modules may produce a code. The proper way to go into a dealership is to fully unlock your unit in case they perform updates then lock it again afterwards as if it's a fresh vehicle.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Going to dealer tomorrow for tire sensor issue. I have ktuner v1.2 and two step pnp flex fuel converter. What should i do ? I really don’t want to take it all apart again. That ect2 radiator sensor is a PIA

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Do you have e85 in your fuel tank? If so what whats your ethanol %. Might not be the best thing to remove the tune if you have a lot of ethanol in your tank

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
You shouldn't be running the factory tune with 31% ethanol mate. This is a "limitation" with running flexfuel or ethanol blends when seeking maintenance from Honda/dealer.

I have to plan my services accordingly and purge the ethanol before the service, returning everything back to stock although I am not running any flexfuel hardware so it's much more straightforward. It's a PITA here in OZ because Honda officially states that E10 (or any ethanol blended fuel) should not be used in the Civics 1.5T here, although it's absurd seeing as to how the cars roll off the production line in Thailand where the same cars are used locally in Thailand with E10 (and even E20 I believe).

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You shouldn't be running the factory tune with 31% ethanol mate. This is a "limitation" with running flexfuel or ethanol blends when seeking maintenance from Honda/dealer.

I have to plan my services accordingly and purge the ethanol before the service, returning everything back to stock although I am not running any flexfuel hardware so it's much more straightforward. It's a PITA here in OZ because Honda officially states that E10 (or any ethanol blended fuel) should not be used in the Civics 1.5T here, although it's absurd seeing as to how the cars roll off the production line in Thailand where the same cars are used locally in Thailand with E10 (and even E20 I believe).
Agreed! They do the same thing it’s South America. I wouldn’t run it with the factory tune.
I guess I’ll just tell the dealer to check the sensor, but not to update the ecu.

Vtisi4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
Going to dealer tomorrow for tire sensor issue. I have ktuner v1.2 and two step pnp flex fuel converter. What should i do ? I really don’t want to take it all apart again. That ect2 radiator sensor is a PIA
what issues with sensor?

Vtisi4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
My low tire light goes on and tire pressure is fine
ok i had the same problem. after 4000 miles my car was doing that. took it 5 times to the dealer. they fixed in the end they told me.they did a hard reset calibration. i was going crazy every day it would turn on. there is some.kind of factory problem and it stops calibrating. you drive for a bit and comes back on. they told me it happens on the odysseys touring and the ex touring but less often on the si.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Damn. I’m at 2,800
ok i had the same problem. after 4000 miles my car was doing that. took it 5 times to the dealer. they fixed in the end they told me.they did a hard reset calibration. i was going crazy every day it would turn on. there is some.kind of factory problem and it stops calibrating. you drive for a bit and comes back on. they told me it happens on the odysseys touring and the ex touring but less often on the si.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
mine takes 3 times usually to completely reset. I can take up to 30 minutes of driving time to reset as well. Im not sure if you all know but there are no sensors in the tires, its based on the ABS speed sensor. If it sees one tire spinning at a different rate than others, it will go on.

Swank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe Black
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just ALWAYS reflash to stock before going to the dealership. That way if they do an update without telling you it will always be saved as your stock tune.
Reflashing to factory puts you on the software you registered with. Reflashing to a newer version without upgrading other modules may produce a code. The proper way to go into a dealership is to fully unlock your unit in case they perform updates then lock it again afterwards as if it's a fresh vehicle.
Disregard, KTuner corrected me. My apologies if I caused any confusion.
Sponsored

Last edited: